Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
A more positive feel around the club but If you had told me this time last week that we still did not have a striker I would have been pretty disappointed. We are impotent. Can we be solid tomorrow and nick a 1-0 victory? Need to get the striker in ASAP

Took me a minute but you mean the Lyon Demebele right? Certainly worth it at 10m.
Yep, sorry I could have been more specific.

£10m for a guy that has already done ok in the Prem (Fulham), absolutely destroyed Scotland (Celtic) and scored 20 in a season in France for a team that ISN'T Paris seems like the definition of low-risk to me.

As others have suggested, we should be planning for life after DCL... Dembele could come in now and genuinely push DCL.

Yep, sorry I could have been more specific.

£10m for a guy that has already done ok in the Prem (Fulham), absolutely destroyed Scotland (Celtic) and scored 20 in a season in France for a team that ISN'T Paris seems like the definition of low-risk to me.

As others have suggested, we should be planning for life after DCL... Dembele could come in now and genuinely push DCL.
Whys he only costing 10m???????????????

Lyon paid 20m and offered to sell him to Ath Madrid for 30m, why now only 10m?

Whys he only costing 10m???????????????

Lyon paid 20m and offered to sell him to Ath Madrid for 30m, why now only 10m?
No idea bud. That's the figure being bandied around in the media though. I suppose there is a concern: if he is available that cheap, why has no-one gone for him yet?

It's actually reassuring that there appears to be several options out there for filling our need for a CF.

No idea bud. That's the figure being bandied around in the media though. I suppose there is a concern: if he is available that cheap, why has no-one gone for him yet?

It's actually reassuring that there appears to be several options out there for filling our need for a CF.
Potentially, but when you consider that 90-100% it is made up, it becomes a concern.

Dont get me wrong, we will sign a Forward, but I wouldnt be shocked if they havent been linked, yet.

Why does a player doing it in Ligue 1 mean less than what a player has done in the Championship, which is a much lower standard?

Got nothing against scouting good players from the Championship, but lots of people say things like that and I don't follow the logic. Either would be a risk as they haven't played in the PL before. But those in Ligue 1 regularly pit their wits against much better players.
It's purely about how well a player will settle in another country and culture. Players in the Championship already have that tick in the box. There is far more of a risk factor with players from other global leagues..

This could be sooo vaultable
Yeah, maybe. I'm often wrong but I'm just not seeing a great season for Forest, they've signed too many new players and not many of them look all that great. I'll say again, I think Dennis is ok, I reckon he'll score 10 or so goals, which is decent but not exceptional. All of that is good news for Everton, wouldn't you say?

It's purely about how well a player will settle in another country and culture. Players in the Championship already have that tick in the box. There is far more of a risk factor with players from other global leagues..
That is a factor, but the step up in ability is arguably just as hard. The French league seems to produce players whose game is better suited to the PL than other leagues. It's not a faultless system, there are plenty of high-profile failures such as Ndombele. But I am really glad that we are starting to use the French market.

Status
Not open for further replies.