Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and their fans have been going mad that he is not getting a chance over McFred. Id love for us to have signed Garner (won't happen now) much more than any of the Chelsea midfielders, he just has everything in his locker. It was frustrating watching Lewis O'Brien for Forest yesterday, bloke is an absolute baller and was there for the taking.

Agree on Gibbs White.

I'd bite your hand off Gallagher at £35m though. I wouldn't be surprised if he scored more premier goals than our whole midfield combined last season plus he chips in with assists. He's 22 and has forced his way into the England set up. I reckon he would want regular game time in a world cup season too.

Onana + Gallagher with Garner behind them would be highly exciting.

Down as a midfielder but seems to play wide right cutting in. But another left footer though so I'm in. Scores a lot of goals too.

Bit of a history of thigh/abducter problems which is an issue.

Havent seen his injury history but I think hes Ukraine's best player.

Wuold you be happy ending the window with this + a starting left winger?

View attachment 178231

If we swap Gana for Garner then I think that looks decent bar the LW/LF.

I really hope so. If Chelsea want to get the Gordon deal done today then throwing in Broja on loan imo makes it impossible to refuse. We need a striker in the door right now for Saturday, and Broja could hit the ground running.
He's not going to hit the ground running if we sell the players who should be providing him with chances.

If the starting left winger is Terrier, yes.

But you have Gilmour, Gallagher and Broja on that chart. We only have one domestic loan slot available because of Coady, and I don't see how we can afford to buy two of those players from Chelsea.

They might include 2 players to purchase Gordon. If not, I still think Gilmour might end up here and he'll be peanuts after they've sidelined him.

What do we reckon then, two more signings, one being a loan and one a permanent?
If so a striker and another CM that are better than we’ve got and get rid of Gomes or Gbamin.
That would be a decent window albeit last minute!

think it depends on Gordon, if we sell him, I think we will get 4 players in; Gana, 2 central forwards and 1 wide forward. If we Keep Gordon I think we will get 3 players in; Gana plus 2 central forwards.

I think there will be some midfield leavers before the deadline, like Gomes and Gbamin, probably on loan

We arent playing with a back four
and it's a very bold move to play with just 10 from the start, Myko is going to have a lot to do on that left hand side.

facepalm-really.gif

think it depends on Gordon, if we sell him, I think we will get 4 players in; Gana, 2 central forwards and 1 wide forward. If we Keep Gordon I think we will get 3 players in; Gana plus 2 central forwards.

I think there will be some midfield leavers before the deadline, like Gomes and Gbamin, probably on loan
Guirassy and Adams, sake. Nailed on.

I took a chunk of the article linked to that tweet and put it through Google translate (quicker and more accurate than my rudimentary French):

OL put pressure on free players in 2023

Despite this, the residents of Groupama Stadium, through the voice of Bruno Cheyrou (recruitment manager), have decided to put a lot of pressure on all the free elements in a year. “In this case, it's either they extend or they leave. As a club, we are entitled to ask that they commit to the medium term with us because we are at the start of a project over several years. We don't want to do a "one-shot", a shot at the Champions League and then nothing. We want to stay as high as possible for as long as possible. We must be able to have players fully involved in the project, but with a one-year contract, it is more difficult to imagine that the guys are involved.

Like Houssem Aouar, Rayan Cherki, Jérôme Boateng and Damien Da Silva, Moussa Dembélé (26), free in 2023, was targeted by this exit from Cheyrou. Arrived in 2018 at Les Gones after successful experiences at Fulham and Celtic, the Frenchman has met expectations by scoring a bunch of goals each season. Sent on loan for six months to Atlético de Madrid in 2021, he took over the lead of the Lyon attack last year, ending the season with the captain's armband and the title of top scorer of the season in Lyon. But with the return of Lacazette, who admitted he would have no problem playing with him, the former Titi was relegated to the background.

"The Frenchman studies OL's extension offer

In Italy, he was on Juventus' shortlist. But the Old Lady preferred to opt for a cheaper option by betting on Memphis Depay, whose departure should be facilitated by Barça. But the Bianconeri, who like to recover free players, have already made contacts for next year. Other Italian teams are also thinking about it. Finally, it is especially in England, the country where Moussa Dembélé was trained, that his rating is at its highest. Fulham, Wolverhampton, Nottingham Forest and West Ham inquired without the player giving a favorable response. Everton, the last club to be interested in it, also rubbed shoulders with the refusal of the Lyon striker. The Frenchman's idea was never to leave to leave. He wants a project that suits him both sportingly and financially.

However, it should be noted that the motivations of the players have never been economic since last January he had refused a proposal from a Saudi club which offered him a salary in gold of 11 M€ net per year. This summer, the player remains on the same line of conduct. As indicated on our site for several weeks, the plan is, for the moment, to stay in Lyon this season. But continuing the adventure longer with the Gones is not excluded. OL made him a contract extension offer. The player has made it known that he is seriously considering this offer but that he will give himself the necessary time to see how things will go after having known four coaches in four seasons at Lyon. He also wants to know how it will be used to make the best possible decision regarding a possible extension. The ball is therefore in the court of a Dembélé in a position of strength."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back