Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams
Garner
Gilmour

...forget getting anything better than those three no marks.

You know it too.
2 summers ago we had the likes of Digne, James, Richarlison and a fully fit DCL in our team and we were flying under Carlo. Fast forward two summers and we have asset stripped all creativity out of the team. They have been replaced with Gray, Townsend and Rondon. The players you have alluded to, would have just been laughed at under Carlo, now the fanbase is suggesting they could be a solution to our problems. Could only happen at Everton.

I'm fine mate, it's just seeing just how many actually seem happy and stuff to be selling him, like they haven't seen how this club always operates and feeds bs to us all
I get where you are coming from mate. There are lots of posters on here who don't recognise potential and if players aren't running games by the age of 20 then they're written off. It can be very frustrating.

But reading the threads I think most on here recognise the situation we are in and that selling potential will give us the ability to fix holes in the squad that will help us now. A double edged sword but a necessary evil given our predicament.

Most of us aren't happy with it. I suppose acceptance is a more apt description.

Morning all, it was hard work trawling through that crap this morning. There’s a few new rumours but most are a rehash and it seems clear that no one has a clue what’s coming next. Have a good one.

Everton are one of the clubs interested in signing Bristol City forward Antoine Semenyo in the summer transfer window, according to a fresh update by reliable journalist Adrian Kajumba.

According to Kajumba, writing for The Daily Mail, the Blues are eyeing up a summer move for Semenyo, with Crystal Palace and Bournemouth also battling to acquire his signature.

Chelsea are set to submit an improved offer for Everton starlet Anthony Gordon after an initial £45million bid was rejected.

The Toffees do not want to sell Gordon after already losing Richarlison this summer with the Brazilian joining Premier League rivals Tottenham. Spurs were interested in signing Gordon as well but refused to meet Everton's valuation of £50million for the 21-year-old.

Brighton and Hove Albion head coach Graham Potter outlined his ideal striker as leading scorer Neal Maupay heads closer to an exit.

Nottingham Forest are favourites to take Maupay in a £15m deal as they continue their recruitment drive following promotion but Everton also remain in the running. (sussexespress.co.uk)

Speaking on The Done Deal Show, Dean Jones has been discussing the potential deal between Chelsea and Everton for Anthony Gordon. Jones speculated that there are 4 players Everton would be interested in including Conor Gallagher and that a player plus cash or swap deal could be on the cards

Derby County are casting their eyes over Everton striker Tom Cannon, as per a Patreon report from journalist Alan Nixon.

The report states that the Rams are facing competition from Millwall of the higher division for the 19-year-old’ services.

Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi has been linked to the Toffees for the last couple of weeks.

Chelsea signed Batshuayi in 2016 but the Belgian has failed to fix a starting spot in the team. He has been sent on loan on multiple occasions, playing for Borussia Dortmund, Valencia, Crystal Palace and Besiktas. The 28 year old has now entered the final twelve months of his contract at Stamford Bridge and the Blues of London are open to selling him this summer.(Talksport)

Everton have reportedly made an approach for Manchester United midfielder James Garner, who has been put up for sale.

The 21-year-old has long been regarded as a big prospect at Man Utd, and also impressed last season during a loan spell with Nottingham Forest, helping them win promotion from the Championship to the Premier League.

It seems Forest are now keen on Garner again, while Tottenham also seem to be in the mix, but it’s Everton whose interest seems to be the most advanced as they make an approach for the £14-15m-rated player, according to Football Insider.

Fabrizio Romano has told Give Me Sport that Everton are the side most likely to sign Che Adams, with the Toffees really keen to land the Southampton striker.

Adams is a surprise contender to leave the Saints in the final stages of the transfer window. He has been an excellent performer for Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side over the last couple of years.

Oh look another post calling out the manager after 2 games

Anyone who thinks this is a system issue and not personnel is deluded.
Yeah deluded because when we went to 4-2-3-1 we didn`t take Villa to the cleaners..... Pull the deluded card.

The people who are deluded are the ones saying "next week will be better" and "we will be OK" with no evidence of that whatsoever.

We played 5 at the back last season, couldn`t score and always conceded, all our clean sheets and all our wins bar 1 came with a back 4. Get real, look at the evidence.

We won`t be bringing any players in before Forest, probably not before Brentford A, do we just go the same against them knowing the outcome will be exactly the same. The more I see us in a back 4 the more I can see the back 5 is the issue and NOT the players.

The last 6 years we have played 4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-4-2 and finished 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th and 10th before finishing 16th last season with 2 managers playing a back 5.

Between now and when the window closes we have Forest H, Brentford A, Leeds A. How many points will we have before the window closes?

The game after the window closes? The RS.

With these run of games we could be sat here with no wins in 6, I cant see a win in any of them unless we change this 5 at the back ?! IF Frank isnt going to change the system perhaps something else needs to change.......
Personally, I don't think the back 5 is the issue. The problem is a goal shy front line. Gray is showing why he only cost 1.5m. Gordon works hard but isn't a goal scorer and whilst I don't think McNeil is a bad player - I'm not sure what he brings to this team.
Had we a competent striker on the field the last 2 game we would have got something from the last two games. Goals win games and we don't score them.
All our attention should be going on getting 2 strikers in. DCL will be out until mid October at best and when he's back we would be foolish to rely on him. If we go into the next 3 games without a striker we are going to struggle.

Yeah deluded because when we went to 4-2-3-1 we didn`t take Villa to the cleaners..... Pull the deluded card.

The people who are deluded are the ones saying "next week will be better" and "we will be OK" with no evidence of that whatsoever.

We played 5 at the back last season, couldn`t score and always conceded, all our clean sheets and all our wins bar 1 came with a back 4. Get real, look at the evidence.

We won`t be bringing any players in before Forest, probably not before Brentford A, do we just go the same against them knowing the outcome will be exactly the same. The more I see us in a back 4 the more I can see the back 5 is the issue and NOT the players.

The last 6 years we have played 4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-4-2 and finished 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th and 10th before finishing 16th last season with 2 managers playing a back 5.

I think it's deluded to think we can just change system and win games with these forward options. We have no goals anywhere in the squad, so changing system is absolutely pointless.

I've never said we will be ok. Quite the opposite.

But the idea that the manager can be changed and things will just get better is absolutely crazy. At some point we have to accept this squad is uttter rubbish, the recruitment team is absolutely inept, and managers have no chance at this club, so we need to back one through tough times and address the actual issues.

I think it's deluded to think we can just change system and win games with these forward options. We have no goals anywhere in the squad, so changing system is absolutely pointless.
I`ve been a football manager and if I know I`ve not got a striker I don`t play a system with less midfielders. Against Villa Dele came on in the 10 with Davies and Onana behind, with Onana breaking out. It caused Chaos...

Again looking at stats, playing 5 at the back we have scored no goals, and we dont look like scoring, moving to the 4-2-3-1 we did get a goal albeit an OG but looked like scoring many more. Both games this season I have felt we need an extra central midfield player because everyone plays with 3 in there these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.