Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, never been a goal scorer....

Sheff Utd, 11 goals in 47
Birmingham, 34 goals in 116
Southampton, 20 goals in 97

79 goals in 333 games (one goal every 4 or 5 games) across League 1, Championship and Premier League.

He fits the mould of players we are signing that don`t score........ on top of a formation that creates nothing, we don`t have much of a chance.

…from clips he seemed to score a fair % of goals from the edge of the penalty area, which suggests he won’t get on the end of things and score aplenty.

Athletic, pacy & industrious might suit the pressing game and more suited to supporting striker role.

…from clips he seemed to score a fair % of goals from the edge of the penalty area, which suggests he won’t get on the end of things and score aplenty.

Athletic, pacy & industrious might suit the pressing game and more suited to supporting striker role.
I think your right but that still leaves a need for a striker to play in the 9 to push DCL.

Taking Adams at the price suggested. Then keeping Gordon with another forward on loan would be ideal imo.

However, the money from the Gordon sale could potentially open the door to other purchases. Just can this new manager/DOF partnership be trusted to get it right?

When Gordon goes mate, we will shift to a 5-3-2 I'm almost certain of it.

We've basically sold the two best wide men we have, and McNeil doesn't have the pace to play there, and Gray is awful.

Names like Garner, Gallagher suit that formation, as does Dele.

I agree, never been a goal scorer....

Sheff Utd, 11 goals in 47
Birmingham, 34 goals in 116
Southampton, 20 goals in 97

79 goals in 333 games (one goal every 4 or 5 games) across League 1, Championship and Premier League.

He fits the mould of players we are signing that don`t score........ on top of a formation that creates nothing, we don`t have much of a chance.

Hes played 5820 minutes (the equivalent of around 64 games) in the Premier league and scored 20 goals and 11 assists.

Thats a goal involvement every 2 game. Which for a fast high energy back up striker for £15m, isnt that bad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.