Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams could play well off a target man but not really got enough to be the 9 by himself. But selling a winger and buying Adams is I guess something you’d do if you were going to 352. Think that system requires a proper top class attacking midfielder though and those don’t come cheap.
I think Onana will be an attacking mid, he'll be wasted in a holding role

I'm fine mate, it's just seeing just how many actually seem happy and stuff to be selling him, like they haven't seen how this club always operates and feeds bs to us all

….there’s politics & there’s reality. The reality appears we need to get rid of sellable assets and reinvest, the politics is that this Board often mask the situation with misinformation.

i think the reality is accepted and the bs exposed.

I’m personally content with moving Gordon on as our immediate requirements are greater. Maybe one day we’ll return to a position where we don’t need to sell our best players and youngsters with potential but I think the monies on offer for Gordon is more than fair given where he is at this stage in his career.

Are people not starting to now wonder why it's taken two weeks to find a striker or to tie up what seemed a simple deal for Gueye.

Because we intended to sell Gordon to fund those deals.

Guarantee the day he goes we will roll out a new striker and Gueye to try mask the shambolic nature of our business.
They know it but they dont want to acknowledge it mate.

The club is a cesspit.

….there’s politics & there’s reality. The reality appears we need to get rid of sellable assets and reinvest, the politics is that this Board often mask the situation with misinformation.

I’m personally content with moving Gordon on as our immediate requirements are greater. Maybe one day we’ll return to a position where we don’t need to sell our best players and youngsters with potential but I think the monies on offer for Gordon is more than fair given where he is at this stage in his career.
In the 40 years I’ve been watching Everton I can’t ever remember us not selling our best players. Whether that misfortune (80’s team), poor upper management (basically the entire 90’s and 00’s) or managerial decisions, it’s something I associate with this football club.

The fact we got so long out of Lukaku and Richarlison is astonishing

I think Onana will be an attacking mid, he'll be wasted in a holding role
Onana looks like he’ll go box to box and get into plenty of attacking positions but in a 352 I think you really need someone with top class creativity, an Eriksen type to run the show. You’ve lost the two wide players from the 343 so you need to compensate in terms of goals and assists.

I have to agree. I like him as a player and think after Pickford and Richy he was our best player last season. Which is not bad for a raw 21 year-old. But very hard to turn down that kind of money.

15 million for 20 goals in 3 seasons. Sounds about right for Everton's ambition. No doubt they will sign him.
I agree, never been a goal scorer....

Sheff Utd, 11 goals in 47
Birmingham, 34 goals in 116
Southampton, 20 goals in 97

79 goals in 333 games (one goal every 4 or 5 games) across League 1, Championship and Premier League.

He fits the mould of players we are signing that don`t score........ on top of a formation that creates nothing, we don`t have much of a chance.

I agree, never been a goal scorer....

Sheff Utd, 11 goals in 47
Birmingham, 34 goals in 116
Southampton, 20 goals in 97

79 goals in 333 games (one goal every 4 or 5 games) across League 1, Championship and Premier League.

He fits the mould of players we are signing that don`t score........ on top of a formation that creates nothing, we don`t have much of a chance.

You realise this is probably why we're linked, right?

Coady and Onana say hi, as do Vinagre and McNeil
I think you are guided by what you hear in the media, just because they aren`t reporting it doesn`t mean it isn`t happening.

Lets see shall we, I would be amazed if we had a striker by the deadline to play on Saturday plus the chance of this player playing without much training with the team would be slim IMO.

EDIT: To my knowledge we havent bid for anyone yet, still got to get the player in for medical and personal terms etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.