Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know where to begin with transfers. As far as I'm concerned EVERY player should have offers entertained by the club. Even top performers this season like Pickford.

It's critical we get someone in who can marshal the defence, they don't have to be world class but they need to be a proper captain.

Right through the spine we need an overhaul. We need a striker who can play with his back to goal and give us an outlet to relieve pressure, someone with a turn of pace and an eye for goal. Again they dont have to be world beaters but anyone can see how even Antonio at West Ham has been a massive part in their challenge for the top 4. Ben Brereton Diaz from Blackburn perhaps?

Midfield needs energy, it needs youth, it needs players who don't down tools and don't make stupid mistakes that lead to a goal. Far too many of our midfielders blow hot and cold, we need someone consistent the whole season.

I don't even know where to begin with transfers. As far as I'm concerned EVERY player should have offers entertained by the club. Even top performers this season like Pickford.

It's critical we get someone in who can marshal the defence, they don't have to be world class but they need to be a proper captain.

Right through the spine we need an overhaul. We need a striker who can play with his back to goal and give us an outlet to relieve pressure, someone with a turn of pace and an eye for goal. Again they dont have to be world beaters but anyone can see how even Antonio at West Ham has been a massive part in their challenge for the top 4. Ben Brereton Diaz from Blackburn perhaps?

Midfield needs energy, it needs youth, it needs players who don't down tools and don't make stupid mistakes that lead to a goal. Far too many of our midfielders blow hot and cold, we need someone consistent the whole season.

Who ?

…thanks Zat, a bit of a relief that Thelwell wasn’t involved.

To be fair, injuries haven’t helped with DVdB & perhaps our best display came in a formation that really suited him (Leeds at home?). Not sure I’d call Ali a ‘free transfer’ given his salary and the detail of the deal. He was brought in to impact performance but that has failed miserably.
Im erring on the side of caution when it comes to Dele (i believe he's ditched Alli).

On the one hand we can look at it through a prism and see limited game time and draw our own conclusions.

But, Im tempted to believe that after some sales and refinement of a new system/style he could become a cog for next season.

The same I believed to be true of Patterson and Mykolenko when they were signed.

Never heard of either. I'd sign Castellanos though as it's a cool sounding name. Like summat out if Narcos. Also, Saelemakkers from Milan, just cos its good sounding.

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting we sign players based on how their names sound.

Kamaldeen Sulemana is a cool sounding name and a potential replacement for Richarlison...

Chelsea's Tino Anjorin might be one to keep an eye on for Huddersfield too. Not sure what his availability will be in summer but he's a big talent.
Barely done anything in his last 2 loans mate. Could easily be swallowed up and be turning out for Swindon in 2 years time.

Barely done anything in his last 2 loans mate. Could easily be swallowed up and be turning out for Swindon in 2 years time.
He's been injured mate. Started well in Moscow then broke his foot, only just getting back to full fitness now. He's quality.

Im erring on the side of caution when it comes to Dele (i believe he's ditched Alli).

On the one hand we can look at it through a prism and see limited game time and draw our own conclusions.

But, Im tempted to believe that after some sales and refinement of a new system/style he could become a cog for next season.

The same I believed to be true of Patterson and Mykolenko when they were signed.

Kamaldeen Sulemana is a cool sounding name and a potential replacement for Richarlison...
Work permit

We need to bag that Johnson lad from Notts Forest.

Think he's twice the player Gordon is tbh (and Gordon is decent).
Really, really rate Johnson, and think he would be out of our reach.
But i think if you did a roll reversal and Johnson in our side in Gordon's spot & Gordon in Steve Coopers side in Johnson's spot you would see pretty similar numbers in terms of what Johnson's got at Championship level & what Gordon has at PL level.

PL is a massive step up, and i'm pretty certain Johnson would eventually do brilliant, but that whole Forest side is designed for him to perform at his best , a move to a side like us probably wouldnt do that.

FWIW his style would be perfect for the RS based on how they play and how he plays. If forest go up, he wouldnt do much wrong sticking around and them trying to get him in 2 years, more developed

You asking about the Blackburn striker?

A lot of clubs have got him on their radar, he's highly regarded.

Nah I meant in general. Ben Brereton Díaz might be an option. Unproven in Prem, scores for Chile regularly, much like SR does for Venezuela.

Leader at the back ? Rarity these days.

Cute striker - who ?

Not disagreeing any points but we're not likely to spend bucketloads of cash and we're not currently an attractive prospect. FL possibly the main draw to younger kids. Palace model from last summer hasn't been unsuccessful on the whole. But would that work for us?

193AE516-A706-4371-8E4A-A5E9E3AB604A.jpeg

Everton that …..

Really, really rate Johnson, and think he would be out of our reach.
But i think if you did a roll reversal and Johnson in our side in Gordon's spot & Gordon in Steve Coopers side in Johnson's spot you would see pretty similar numbers in terms of what Johnson's got at Championship level & what Gordon has at PL level.

PL is a massive step up, and i'm pretty certain Johnson would eventually do brilliant, but that whole Forest side is designed for him to perform at his best , a move to a side like us probably wouldnt do that.

FWIW his style would be perfect for the RS based on how they play and how he plays. If forest go up, he wouldnt do much wrong sticking around and them trying to get him in 2 years, more developed

If Lampard wants to play with a high intensity, high press aggressive style (as it seems from his quotes) then he'd suit us down to the ground...as would Gordon.

If Nottm Forest dont get promoted then he wouldnt go far wrong joining us I think.

He's someone that looks like he could be a world name in future but of course thats before he plays in the premier league.

I would cry if our long term ambition is to play three at the back.

Why? 343 could be very attacking and 352 could be posession heavy.

Thats been in the media for about 4 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.