Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I think this line about Kudus is quite telling: 'The club briefed'. Why would they do that? If it's genuine, why not keep it quiet until it's done and agreed? Why have it come from nowhere, with everyone blindsided by it to come out on a Friday before our last home game before the close of the window?

Sounds like classic Kenwright shenanigans to me.

View attachment 179617
An attempt to quell the growing anger? Clearly something in it we shall see...

Now I think this line about Kudus is quite telling: 'The club briefed'. Why would they do that? If it's genuine, why not keep it quiet until it's done and agreed? Why have it come from nowhere, with everyone blindsided by it to come out on a Friday before our last home game before the close of the window?

View attachment 179617
Not really sure what we'd stand to gain by knowingly briefing journos of a transfer being all but done, when we knew that we hadn't even submitted a bid. I know it's cool to bash our board, and BK in particular, but I think this has been more a calamitous game of Chinese Whispers than anything more sinister.

How do you think suddenly all major media outlets and reporters break the same story? they get briefed.

As for Kenwright shenanigans, first, i don't think he gives a s**t, it's not his club anymore, and he never looked like someone who cares what the fans think

second, if Kenwright/club want to fool the fans with a false transfer story, i am sure they will pick a name that gets the fans excited, not a name 99.5% of the fans never heard of before

Who by?

Why?

And more importantly, how do you get on the briefing list?

If it is a list?

Why would the club brief footy insider 247 who 'broke' the news first?

Why would the club brief anyone over such a 'meh' transfer.

Where's the motive/incentive?

Why would the club ever brief anyone?

All very weird.

I'd of thought if it was true, it could have been a case of things simply changing.
Yeah I don’t think the club are going to go out of their way to embarrass some of their closest journo contacts. That would backfire quite badly.

It sounds like Kudus wants to move due to game time so I wonder if his agent has jumped the gun and agreed something with us that he hadn’t actually cleared with Ajax.

View attachment 179617

BK gets on like Chunk in the 1980s classic The Goonies, there’s a scene when Chunk when is cornered and told to ‘spill it’ and proceeds to give full disclosure of every indiscretion and secret from his life whether relevant or not….. like Chunk Blue Bill just can’t help himself.

Off topic and demented example but hey…. Shut up…

Oh for the days when the first thing you knew about a new signing was because it was on the back of the Echo.
220607140-e4e0b738-e46a-4092-902e-5a1053a12449.jpg

Still waiting on that Robson decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back