Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can someone explain the obsession with Broja, please? From what I can tell he has gone to Chelsea, done nothing and been identified as not good enough.
Mate I don’t get this fixation with getting a OTT fee for over hyped English players, then spunking it all on overpriced English-based players.

Moussa Dembele - last year of contract, can play in a fast league (SPL) and has been good in france

Diaz - covered enough on here

Terrier - for me direct Richarlison replacement. (Granted this is based on what’s been said on here and some snazzy YouTube vids)

You’d be able to get those 3 in for Gordon money (not 1:1 but more the money it will free up for transfers). Still leaves you with a loan and possibly Gana coming in.

There’s also a kid at Celtic who I think is worth a gamble, can’t remember his name right now.

It isn't hard to improve on Gordon though mate, because he's not that good.

Don't get me wrong, he's a talent, but what has he done to suggest we should turn down £50m (or more) for him?

There's plenty of wide players who would cost much, much less that regularly put up better numbers than Gordon. I appreciate he's a young player and all of the caveats that come with it, but his end product significantly lacks right now.

Disagree personally mate, i really really rate his potential and ceiling.

What has he done? he's 21 and in his first 6 months as a starter he led out with Richarlison and Pickford in keeping us in this league through sheer leadership, determination and character - that before you look at his ability to break lines, penetrate and essentially get us into goal scoring positions, all the while playing without an out and out no 9.

Who you thinking mate, because i dont think you are getting loads of change out of 50 mill for one and we would need to replace Richarlison and Gordon - who accounted for the majority % of our goals and chance creation last season - trying to do that with a week to go in the window - now in a limited market.

That's before you look at our hideous record of recruitment, all of the above leads me to believe that its stupid to sell him at this moment in time.

Last edited:
Mate I don’t get this fixation with getting a OTT fee for over hyped English players, then spunking it all on overpriced English-based players.

Moussa Dembele - last year of contract, can play in a fast league (SPL) and has been good in france

Diaz - covered enough on here

Terrier - for me direct Richarlison replacement. (Granted this is based on what’s been said on here and some snazzy YouTube vids)

You’d be able to get those 3 in for Gordon money (not 1:1 but more the money it will free up for transfers). Still leaves you with a loan and possibly Gana coming in.

There’s also a kid at Celtic who I think is worth a gamble, can’t remember his name right now.
I don't love Dembele's injury history, and it would perhaps be repeating the sins of the past in paying for players in their primes, but he's potentially a good stopgap. Diaz is gambling on a twenty-goal Championship player making the leap, which is a coin toss, but that may be a gamble worth taking right now. I would take Terrier in a heartbeat, but he publicly said yesterday that he's going nowhere in this window.

I'm truly hoping that the reason there's been a delay with us getting more players in is there's a plan of one set of players if Gordon stays, another if he goes. The problem is waiting for that decision to be made. £60m sell him immediately and get it done before the weekend, probably means we wouldn't get anyone else in before the next PL game but at least it'd allow us to actually move forward on our targets. Gordon for Sarr, Brereton Diaz, Gana and possibly Broja or someone like that would be immensley good, probably still have money left over too for anyone else we might be looking at. All those are smart signings, even with Gana they might look to move on to a more expensive but younger player instead of him, as that deal as been problematic regardless.

Think if Gordon goes, which he absolutely should, we need a minimum of 3 players in but I'd prefer 5.

If we get £60million + for Gordon it will be a successful piece of business, literally what Finch Farm's there for.
What? I thought Finch Farm was there to grow players but ultimately then to release them as they are 27 year old under 21 players. You mean to tell me these academy lads are actually supposed to serve a purpose to the club? That's a novel idea.

Gana, Kadus (loan with option), Broja (loan with option), Sarr.

Not too much to ask for after Gordon is sold.
Think we need a high pressing forward and from what I've seen, Sarr doesn't do that. Maybe the stats disprove the eye test, but that's what I've seen.

And no one try and point out to me that Che Adams is a pressing forward because he is also turd. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back