Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I don’t get this fixation with getting a OTT fee for over hyped English players, then spunking it all on overpriced English-based players.

Moussa Dembele - last year of contract, can play in a fast league (SPL) and has been good in france

Diaz - covered enough on here

Terrier - for me direct Richarlison replacement. (Granted this is based on what’s been said on here and some snazzy YouTube vids)

You’d be able to get those 3 in for Gordon money (not 1:1 but more the money it will free up for transfers). Still leaves you with a loan and possibly Gana coming in.

There’s also a kid at Celtic who I think is worth a gamble, can’t remember his name right now.
Thanks for this mate, and I hear you. My take on the situation is that is we sell young AG this late in the wondow and for a publicly acknowldged decent amount then we will be left either paying over the odds for who ever is left in the final hours of the window or not replacing him at all. For some of the posters on here not replacing him won't be an issue as they see him as a non entity. I personally have the same view as the top pros who define the market and know what they are talking about and see him as the best young English talent to break through this year. Given that it will be almonst impossible to replace his and Richy's input this late into the window I am half inclined to say bank the money and spend time working on identifying credible replacements in the next windows, not our usual knee jerk, which feels like it might be incoming.

Your appraisals of players and values shows what incredible lemons you are. This is just an arena for you all to humble brag about your know a player me lad prowess.

Big Kev Thelwell has forgotten more than you will ever knew. Pipe down.

Sign some fine players please Keverton.

I don't love Dembele's injury history, and it would perhaps be repeating the sins of the past in paying for players in their primes, but he's potentially a good stopgap. Diaz is gambling on a twenty-goal Championship player making the leap, which is a coin toss, but that may be a gamble worth taking right now. I would take Terrier in a heartbeat, but he publicly said yesterday that he's going nowhere in this window.
He's just turned 26 and doesn't have a bad injury record? I don't think we've even been linked but Dembele would be just about the best signing we could make for that position in my opinion. He'd certainly be more than a stopgap.

I think we've reached the point where if we refuse this bid, then we have to keep him whatever. We can't afford to let this drag further towards the end of the window. We have only 9 days as it is.
I think that is right.
We cannot afford to lose an important player without having replacements in place.

Unless the player wants to leave I am not convinced we will sell at all.

Thanks for this mate, and I hear you. My take on the situation is that is we sell young AG this late in the wondow and for a publicly acknowldged decent amount then we will be left either paying over the odds for who ever is left in the final hours of the window or not replacing him at all. For some of the posters on here not replacing him won't be an issue as they see him as a non entity. I personally have the same view as the top pros who define the market and know what they are talking about and see him as the best young English talent to break through this year. Given that it will be almonst impossible to replace his and Richy's input this late into the window I am half inclined to say bank the money and spend time working on identifying credible replacements in the next windows, not our usual knee jerk, which feels like it might be incoming.
We will be relegated if we wait until January to do our business.

Disagree personally mate, i really really rate his potential and ceiling.

What has he done? he's 21 and in his first 6 months as a starter he led out with Richarlison and Pickford in keeping us in this league through sheer leadership, determination and character - that before you look at his ability to break lines, penetrate and essentially get us into goal scoring positions, all the while playing without an out and out no 9.

Who you thinking mate, because i dont think you are getting loads of change out of 50 mill for one and we would need to replace Richarlison and Gordon - who accounted for the majority % of our goals and chance creation last season - trying to do that with a week to go in the window - now in a limited market.

That's before you look at our hideous record of recruitment, all of the above leads me to believe that its stupid to sell him at this moment in time.
The fact it's pure profit means we could make three pretty big deals you look how many players we have bought with the Richy money. Agree I don't trust the recruitment mind you but you can't turn down 60m whatever his potential is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back