Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your appraisals of players and values shows what incredible lemons you are. This is just an arena for you all to humble brag about your know a player me lad prowess.

Big Kev Thelwell has forgotten more than you will ever knew. Pipe down.

Sign some fine players please Keverton.
When he forgets does he just refer to this???

FBBF579D-667A-47E5-A6E4-C0CA0ACF84A7.webp

We have done our business, mate. The Gordon situation is an unseen happening.

We have sold Richy and brought McNeil in, and plugged some defensive holes and CM.

Doms injury wasn't hoped for but Frank said that he will be back in a couple of weeks so if there is to be cover it would have to be a stop gap/loan/journeyman to make up the numbers.
Relegation

It doesn't work like that mate - no one else is stupid enough to sell their best players with a week to go in the window and if they do they will want a premium.

If its absolutely makes business sense do it (which i dont think it does), next summer.

We just cant go out and cherry pick players at this stage. People are jacked up on transfer hysteria at the moment, but you have to take a step back and look at the team.

If he goes this week, then people have no right to moan when we have absolutely 0 threat at the weekend.

Its like Rooney all over again.
Well that's why they should have brought forwards in earlier. And I agree waiting this long means you won't get as much quality. But I think he's off so they should have been making moves now whilst he is being sold.

Thanks for this mate, and I hear you. My take on the situation is that is we sell young AG this late in the wondow and for a publicly acknowldged decent amount then we will be left either paying over the odds for who ever is left in the final hours of the window or not replacing him at all. For some of the posters on here not replacing him won't be an issue as they see him as a non entity. I personally have the same view as the top pros who define the market and know what they are talking about and see him as the best young English talent to break through this year. Given that it will be almonst impossible to replace his and Richy's input this late into the window I am half inclined to say bank the money and spend time working on identifying credible replacements in the next windows, not our usual knee jerk, which feels like it might be incoming.
Yeah. I think we’re on the same-ish page lol

I do think £60m plus a loan of someone or a player who Frank wants from Chelsea baked into the deal is a massive win.

would possibly go for Terrier and bank the rest

Rondon up front makes a difference, and I’ve never been keen on Batshui but he surely has more of an impact than Rondon. Getting him and £60m gives us a lot and makes one of our problem areas less problematic. He might be a bad bell though…

Worrying & Exciting times

It doesn't work like that mate - no one else is stupid enough to sell there best players with a week to go in the window and if they do they will want a premium.

If its absolutely makes business sense do it (which i dont think it does), next summer.

We just cant go out and cherry pick players at this stage. People are jacked up on transfer hysteria at the moment, but you have to take a step back and look at the team.

If he goes this week, then people have no right to moan when we have absolutely 0 threat at the weekend.

Its like Rooney all over again.

We're in a very precious position.

Sell him now, because it's good money for the player he currently is, and I would be amazed if we got in anyone of quality before the end of the window. Hell they still haven't managed to sort the Gana deal.

Wait the season and there is no guarantee that Gordon has a good season and come next summer Chelsea actually come back in for him. Or anyone at the current price.

No we need another forward how many times you can't rely on one goalscorer that's very old fashioned thinking. We need a striker to compete with Dom and a wide forward.
Just reiterating what the club/Frank has said. I think that people are creating their own narrative on here which is not the same as the clubs. If Dom hadn't got injured we wouldn't be so fixated on a forward and Frank has said he is back in a couple of weeks so its not area they will be looking to spend serious money on. If we sell Gordon we might need a wide forward but I won't be surprised if they go with McNeil, Gray and Townsend.

Yeah. I think we’re on the same-ish page lol

I do think £60m plus a loan of someone or a player who Frank wants from Chelsea baked into the deal is a massive win.

would possibly go for Terrier and bank the rest

Rondon up front makes a difference, and I’ve never been keen on Batshui but he surely has more of an impact than Rondon. Getting him and £60m gives us a lot and makes one of our problem areas less problematic. He might be a bad bell though…

Worrying & Exciting times
Terrier is apparently not for sale and if he was it would not surprise me if bringin him in took all/most of whatever we might bring in for Gordon so would simply be a replacement.

I think we pretty much have all the players in that Frank and Kev wanted so won't be surprised if we are done for this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back