Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an awful injury record. It's also not a great one. He's missed a substantial number of games in a lot of seasons. If you look at Terrier's injury history, that's more what I want to see.

We're probably disagreeing about the definition of 'stopgap' - what I'm seeing there is a player that's likely to contribute, but also to drop off before the end of a probable five-year contract. I don't think we get a sell-on or a second contract there, so the fee ends up being pure outlay. That said, the price is quite a bit cheaper than relegation, so there's that.
It's all about the price in that regard. If he's genuinely available for £10m then you can easily get that back on him in 4 years as long as he doesn't completely fall off a cliff. I'm all for signing young players and have questioned some deals on that basis but it starts to get a bit daft when you're looking at a bloke who turned 26 last month as being too old to spend £10m on.

We're in a very precious position.

Sell him now, because it's good money for the player he currently is, and I would be amazed if we got in anyone of quality before the end of the window. Hell they still haven't managed to sort the Gana deal.

Wait the season and there is no guarantee that Gordon has a good season and come next summer Chelsea actually come back in for him. Or anyone at the current price.

We pay people 10s of millions to make those decisions mate, you are weighing what you loose vs the market and how you can improve - the market is now limited - its at its end. Personally i think its stupid to sell him, because its to much to loose Richarlison and Gordon and i dont think you are replacing either with quality at this stage of the window - the market is now limited.

I don't see Chelsea throwing their best young talents at us in this deal, despite having more riches then us, why? Because its a bad footballing and business decision.

Ive no doubt this situation is holding up other deals - if you are Ajax or PSG what's the rush on negotiations if the team you are doing a deal with are going to have 60 mill by the end of the week - you'd fleece them.

Terrier is apparently not for sale and if he was it would not surprise me if bringin him in took all/most of whatever we might bring in for Gordon so would simply be a replacement.

I think we pretty much have all the players in that Frank and Kev wanted so won't be surprised if we are done for this window.

I have no idea what you are basing that on, certainly not the manager's quotes anyway.

But if it's true then we are nailed on for relegation

It doesn't work like that mate - no one else is stupid enough to sell their best players with a week to go in the window and if they do they will want a premium.

If it absolutely makes business sense do it (which i dont think it does), next summer.

We just cant go out and cherry pick players at this stage. People are jacked up on transfer hysteria at the moment, but you have to take a step back and look at the team and whether this deal enables opportunity - it doesn't at this stage in the window.

If he goes this week, then people have no right to moan when we have absolutely 0 threat at the weekend.

Its like Rooney all over again.
We have had zero threat in the last 3 games mate

I'm wondering if it's just best we go with what we have for this season. It's Lampards first full season and European football through league position seems to be a bit too ambitious. Give the lads a chance to play under the new systems and training methods, improve our confidence with it and get mid table playing some good football and a cup run or even a Trophy if we can. Very doable with some luck. Then we can properly assess and look at pushing on up the table next year. What do you reckon?

Terrier is apparently not for sale and if he was it would not surprise me if bringin him in took all/most of whatever we might bring in for Gordon so would simply be a replacement.

I think we pretty much have all the players in that Frank and Kev wanted so won't be surprised if we are done for this window.
Not a chance mate.

Gueye plus two forwards still to come.

I think you would struggle to ever be more wrong than that if you posted 1000 times a day for the next 30 years mate.

I'm wondering if it's just best we go with what we have for this season. It's Lampards first full season and European football through league position seems to be a bit too ambitious. Give the lads a chance to play under the new systems and training methods, improve our confidence with it and get mid table playing some good football and a cup run or even a Trophy if we can. Very doable with some luck. Then we can properly assess and look at pushing on up the table next year. What do you reckon?

I reckon we would get relegated if we did that

Who is going to score the goals to keep us up.

I think going with what we've got is a pretty ludicrous idea. Have people not watched us play?

The idea that this current squad, with no additions, could win an actual trophy, is hurting my head a little bit. Some of the expectations within the fan base are totally delusional.

I reckon we would get relegated if we did that

Who is going to score the goals to keep us up.

I think going with what we've got is a pretty ludicrous idea. Have people not watched us play?
I mean Dom should be back soon and we haven't been overran in any of our games so far. You may be right but I think it depends on the restrictions. Can't be looking to sell Gordon and doing what we did after selling Lukaku.

We have done our business, mate. The Gordon situation is an unseen happening.

We have sold Richy and brought McNeil in, and plugged some defensive holes and CM.

Doms injury wasn't hoped for but Frank said that he will be back in a couple of weeks so if there is to be cover it would have to be a stop gap/loan/journeyman to make up the numbers.
totally disagree with this though. we need another front man as good as or better then dcl. it's ridiculous that we are the only club on the premiership with 1 half decent forward. any club worth their salt have 2 forwards who compete for one spot.

we have enough squad fillers, journey men etc. We get quality in to compete with dcl who isn't a world beater in the first place.

Agree mate. Really poor. I just mean the situation we are in now you have to believe they have deals ready to go if we sell but this is Everton.
my uneducated guess is we'll get Broja on loan as part of the negotiations for Gordon - especially if they sign Aubameyang.
I'd like to see us go for Sarr as a replacement for Gordon/Richarlison.
I'm guessing there was already money set aside for Gana so that will get done by the end of the window.
We'll have 25-30m left to play with so it's just a case of whether we sign another striker permanently or another wide man.
Some have suggested getting in Cavani for a season and i wouldn't be against that as I think Dom will be in and out and Broja isn't an out and out centre forward.
Proper Football Manager stuff of course. We'll probably bring El Ghazi back ?‍?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back