Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not possibly disagree more

If we lose both of those without replacements then we will be favourites for relegation. This window has been a bit of a disaster for me, I'm not having the narrative at all that the squad is strengthened because the proof is in the pudding on the pitch and we've been dire going forward.

Lampard literally said on Saturday that Forest had far better attacking options than us and that's something we really need to address. That's not the words of someone happy with their options.
Welcome to Everton, Tim.

Maybe, but throwing all our eggs in that basket is just a bit stupid. There's absolutely no guarantee he comes back and stays fit. He hasn't put together any run of games in a year.

The club were planning to rely on him I reckon, but he broke down before we even got started. I'd hope they've learned the lesson.
this

We have brought in;

McNeil
Vinagre
Coady
Onana
Tarkowski

Gana seemingly pending

Frank has said we only would be looking at short term cover if needed for Dom.

Losing both Richy and Gordon in one window would be a bitter pile to swallow but all things considered it has not been a bad window and we have plugged some gaps.
I kinda agree with the general sentiment, but not the short term cover thing. We definitely need someone who could do a job for a chunk of time if DCL had a major injury, or even had to come off with a minor one 15 minutes into a game. If that bloke was someone who could also play with DCL in a pinch, then that would be ideal. We just can't have zero back up to the centre forward and expect to avoid a disaster.

Rondon is still very poor. He sort of holds it up, but he is never going to be a goal scorer

You can't survive in this league with no goals. If we don't sign a good striker then I think we have next to no hope.

I think we are going overboard a little about the Forest game. We passed it around ok at times but we didn't create clear chances against a very average side. I've been totally unimpressed and a bit dismayed to be honest at our lack of cutting edge. We don't have a front 3 good enough to be playing at this level.
We haven't showing a killer instinct in front of goal you are right but it's early days yet. A win tonight, get the lads some confidence and push on and smash Brentford would do the team and us fans the world of good. Hopefully Lampard gets in any players who he wants but I'm not 100% going to be devastated if we go with what we got. Something about this team seems that they won't be relegated but it's a tough league this year.

We pay people 10s of millions to make those decisions mate, you are weighing what you loose vs the market and how you can improve - the market is now limited - its at its end. Personally i think its stupid to sell him, because its to much to loose Richarlison and Gordon and i dont think you are replacing either with quality at this stage of the window - the market is now limited.

I don't see Chelsea throwing their best young talents at us in this deal, despite having more riches then us, why? Because its a bad footballing and business decision.

Ive no doubt this situation is holding up other deals - if you are Ajax or PSG what's the rush on negotiations if the team you are doing a deal with are going to have 60 mill by the end of the week - you'd fleece them.

Yup take the Kudos thing, loan with an option then becomes errrm you have 60m ok well the loan fee and option price we'll have that up front with a 25% increase cheers. Same with the Gana payoff, PSG go - ok you have 60m, you sort his payment out now then.

A clubs need for something also dictates how much the seller can take liberties - I think in part Lampard understands this more than most, I feel a lot of his comments surrounding DCL are being done to try minimize how desperate we are in order to try to reduce us being fleeced. I also have a feeling we've exaggerated how quickly we expect him to be back playing for this too.

If we did bid 25m up front for MGW, imo that's enough to go get a striker, a dm and a forward in whilst keeping Gordon (Gueye/Garner, Diaz, Kudos and a loan if Chelsea don't sulk for Gallagher or Broja)

Wouldn’t surprise me if we go back to the East European market, couple of good players at Kyiv and the young Romanian lad Popescu at Steaua were very quietly mentioned over the summer, the sort of unexpected deals that go from nothing to done very quickly without weeks of speculation.

I kinda agree with the general sentiment, but not the short term cover thing. We definitely need someone who could do a job for a chunk of time if Dominic Calvert-Lewin had a major injury, or even had to come off with a minor one 15 minutes into a game. If that bloke was someone who could also play with Dominic Calvert-Lewin in a pinch, then that would be ideal. We just can't have zero back up to the centre forward and expect to avoid a disaster.
I'd love us to be able to bring in serious competition for Dom. A speedy little slotter would be perfect but just going on what has come out of the club. We have Rondon as cover, albeit in some strange inerted reality sense, and Frank has said that we can be creative with a false 9, possibly Gray if Gordon goes.

If AG is to be sold to Chelsea then it in my opinion we will see Chelsea players coming in the other direction as part of the deal.
Gilmour, Gallagher, Broja and maybe even Bathsuayi would be the obvious names.
Chelsea want to move players on as badly as they apparently want to bring other players in and we haven't really seen that Gallager, Broja or Gilmour are more than peripheral players at the club at the moment.

I think we would be happy to see Gallagher Broja or even Gilmour come in.

I'd love us to be able to bring in serious competition for Dom. A speedy little slotter would be perfect but just going on what has come out of the club. We have Rondon as cover, albeit in some strange inerted reality sense, and Frank has said that we can be creative with a false 9, possibly Gray if Gordon goes.
Well, again, I find myself in partial agreement, in that it would be great to get competition for DCL, but probably financially over optimistic to expect that. We do, definitely, have to have someone who isn't either non-existent up front, or even an embarrassment, which is the case, now. Rondon is definitely a 3rd and desperate choice up there. I actually rate Gray much higher than most on here, but consider his false number 9 potential to be 30 minutes a couple of times a season in dire circs. New man definitely needed, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back