Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll duck and cover after I say this but selling Richarlison and Gordon to get Tarkowski, Coady, Vinagre, Onana, Gana, McNeil, Sarr, Joao Pedro and Adams with the prospect of more, us effectively being out of risk of FFP and P&S and getting rid of the lot of deadwood would be an incredible window for us. Step back and look at the whole squad in general and you can see we've gotten magnitudes stronger.

The fact that some people's heads are falling off is laughable. We're so much better off, fair enough we won't replace Richarlison with a player as good as him most likely but the rest of the team has seen massive improvements to the one that finished so dreadfully last year. This can be a game changer season for us.

The club is healthier with regards to FFP for sure. I just cannot say for certain that team will have enough goals and quality to stay up and would suspect many bookies would have us in a shortlist of 5 favourites to go down. Should we go down, a lot of our efforts to be in better compliance with FFP could be for nothing.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the business we have done.

Tarkowski and Coady are sturdy and reliable pros.

Vinagre is just a different profile of LB and low-cost, risk free cover we didn't overwise have, no complaints.

Onana is the exact profile of promising talent that we should have been going for more when we came into some money, at best will be a top player for us, at worst will just most of our money back.

Gana, if it happens, will be huge terms of someone to finally plug that gap just in front of our defense someone we can depend on to play in a 2 as well as a 3.

McNeil is a similar case to Onana, just much less exciting I guess.

The real things we are lacking are of course a bit more creativity and a verified goal-threat outside of DCL. I'm really not sure Sarr, Pedro and Adams would be (1) worth the money which could nullify our good FFP work and (2) if they provide us with the goals we will need to stay up.

Granted, this is still very much the case if we keep Gordon, so I guess I am just worried for us a bit more than I was a few weeks ago when it seemed we weren't gonna dither in the market.

Newcastle are a mid table side that will probably be top half and pushing for Europe, and we are a bottom half side that are continually getting worse and will probably be battling relegation. Maybe the gap between us and Bournemouth actually isn’t as big as that.
I don't think that is correct.... we lack strikers and any player worth his salt will believe that he will improve our team substantially.

When you then look at the other parts of the team it has strengthened a lot since last season.

Newcastle are a mid table side that will probably be top half and pushing for Europe, and we are a bottom half side that are continually getting worse and will probably be battling relegation. Maybe the gap between us and Bournemouth actually isn’t as big as that.
So we should just stop trying to sign anyone because we're so bad. Good plan Mike.

Unfit? Bad attitude? Everton have 50 million pounds to spend?

C4C7BEC4-4A4F-4231-B29F-0F55B0C35947.webp

….interesting that in his pre-Fleetwood press conference Lampard said something along the lines of;

”Forest had more attacking options on the bench than us & that’s a situation we need to address”.

I’d be very surprised if we don’t bring 2 strikers in this month.
Either that or Lampard is planning to assassinate some of Forest's attacking players.

Newcastle haven’t exactly set the world alight with their transfers. Same sorts of targets as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back