Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We certainly are not better off even with all of those signings.
We absolutely are, we've lost 1 very good player and have effectively overhauled the full squad. Look at it this way we'll be selling 14 league goals for £120m all the while improving the defence, actually giving us a midfield and now we've got a lot of money to try to replace those 14 goals.

And this highlights the problem you get with make weight players.
Not one of those four Chelsea players would entertain coming here off their own bat.
So expecting them to come here and pull up trees when they know they're just a bargaining tool is a big ask, irrespective of my feelings of they players themselves.
Wherever they go they will want to improve and develop their careers, if for no reason other than to prove Chelsea were wrong to sell them.
Gallagher, Broja or Gilmour coming to our club would all be good additions.

Well it's not really is it? They've finished above us once in about the last 15 years so that's a pretty daft comparison. They look a better prospect than us at the moment of course, but there's nothing to say he'll be as key there, or be paid as much, Lampard is a bigger draw than Howe etc. Things are bad but some of the woe is me stuff is way over the top.

What relevance do the last 15 years have to anything? I don’t think a player is going to care about that. The fact they’ll be finishing above us for the majority of the next 15 years is far more relevant.

The moment Everton sell Gordon for £50m, then every other club is going to be after silly money should we come knocking. We're not in a great spot here.

Not convinced that the club are as hung up on Broja as everyone seems to think. Even so, Chelsea aren't going to sell him for less than £25m and I don't think it's the best use of our last loan option. Gallagher isn't going to go anywhere; he's one of 4 central midfielders at Chelsea (two of whom are injured) and with all the football he has ahead of him, he won't want to leave. Gilmour on the cheap given that Chelsea seemingly aren't interested in him may be on the table still. I'd be inclined to push for Pulisic on loan with an option obvs. He's the sort of competitor who would go down well at Goodison and he desperately wants to play some football. Getting him in permanently next summer while still turning a profit on Gordon would be some sound business.

We may be able to blag a forward from the Championship for £15m (Ben Brereton Díaz, Gyokeres etc.) or we may get one of Zat's dreamboats from Ligue 1 for a similar price. Look forward to them being vilified for not banging in a hat-trick on their debut whatever happens. Southampton aren't going to settle for less than a decent profit on Adams after he cost them £15m, so that's dead in the water.

Not sure who else there is? Chris Wood if the barcodes sign Joao Pedro? Jiminez if Wolves want rid? Would be happy with either of those two to be honest...

Pulisic on loan would have zero point whatsoever in having an option on him mate - he's on 250k pw at Chelsea.

Isn't Jiminez like 31yo now as well?
And wood makes DCL look durable.

Btw Gallagher I'm certain will leave Chelsea this summer.

What relevance do the last 15 years have to anything? I don’t think a player is going to care about that. The fact they’ll be finishing above us for the majority of the next 15 years is far more relevant.
It's relevant to the comparison (made by you) to us and Bournemouth. It isn't like that at all, and i'm highlighting why.

Would I be surprised if he chose to go to Newcastle ahead of us? No, not even slightly. Do I think the idea of him choosing to come here is so outlandish that we shouldn't even bother to bid? Again, not even slightly.

It's relevant to the comparison (made by you) to us and Bournemouth. It isn't like that at all, and i'm highlighting why.

Would I be surprised if he chose to go to Newcastle ahead of us? No, not even slightly. Do I think the idea of him choosing to come here is so outlandish that we shouldn't even bother to bid? Again, not even slightly.

Newcastle are a mid table side that will probably be top half and pushing for Europe, and we are a bottom half side that are continually getting worse and will probably be battling relegation. Maybe the gap between us and Bournemouth actually isn’t as big as that.

I'll duck and cover after I say this but selling Richarlison and Gordon to get Tarkowski, Coady, Vinagre, Onana, Gana, McNeil, Sarr, Joao Pedro and Adams with the prospect of more, us effectively being out of risk of FFP and P&S and getting rid of the lot of deadwood would be an incredible window for us. Step back and look at the whole squad in general and you can see we've gotten magnitudes stronger.

The fact that some people's heads are falling off is laughable. We're so much better off, fair enough we won't replace Richarlison with a player as good as him most likely but the rest of the team has seen massive improvements to the one that finished so dreadfully last year. This can be a game changer season for us.

I think this season will be a game changer as well.

#Relegation

#beKind

See you agree with me on Batman.
He certainly would not be a player I would normally like to see coming, but with each passing day as the end of the window looms I would not be surprised if he were signed on loan.
We certainly need an other striker and a wide player as well, maybe two if Gordon leaves.

Of course, it does depend as well on whither they intend using Stanley Mills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back