Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll duck and cover after I say this but selling Richarlison and Gordon to get Tarkowski, Coady, Vinagre, Onana, Gana, McNeil, Sarr, Joao Pedro and Adams with the prospect of more, us effectively being out of risk of FFP and P&S and getting rid of the lot of deadwood would be an incredible window for us. Step back and look at the whole squad in general and you can see we've gotten magnitudes stronger.

The fact that some people's heads are falling off is laughable. We're so much better off, fair enough we won't replace Richarlison with a player as good as him most likely but the rest of the team has seen massive improvements to the one that finished so dreadfully last year. This can be a game changer season for us.

We certainly are not better off even with all of those signings.

The moment Everton sell Gordon for £50m, then every other club is going to be after silly money should we come knocking. We're not in a great spot here.

Not convinced that the club are as hung up on Broja as everyone seems to think. Even so, Chelsea aren't going to sell him for less than £25m and I don't think it's the best use of our last loan option. Gallagher isn't going to go anywhere; he's one of 4 central midfielders at Chelsea (two of whom are injured) and with all the football he has ahead of him, he won't want to leave. Gilmour on the cheap given that Chelsea seemingly aren't interested in him may be on the table still. I'd be inclined to push for Pulisic on loan with an option obvs. He's the sort of competitor who would go down well at Goodison and he desperately wants to play some football. Getting him in permanently next summer while still turning a profit on Gordon would be some sound business.

We may be able to blag a forward from the Championship for £15m (Ben Brereton Díaz, Gyokeres etc.) or we may get one of Zat's dreamboats from Ligue 1 for a similar price. Look forward to them being vilified for not banging in a hat-trick on their debut whatever happens. Southampton aren't going to settle for less than a decent profit on Adams after he cost them £15m, so that's dead in the water.

Not sure who else there is? Chris Wood if the barcodes sign Joao Pedro? Jiminez if Wolves want rid? Would be happy with either of those two to be honest...

The moment Everton sell Gordon for £50m, then every other club is going to be after silly money should we come knocking. We're not in a great spot here.

Not convinced that the club are as hung up on Broja as everyone seems to think. Even so, Chelsea aren't going to sell him for less than £25m and I don't think it's the best use of our last loan option. Gallagher isn't going to go anywhere; he's one of 4 central midfielders at Chelsea (two of whom are injured) and with all the football he has ahead of him, he won't want to leave. Gilmour on the cheap given that Chelsea seemingly aren't interested in him may be on the table still. I'd be inclined to push for Pulisic on loan with an option obvs. He's the sort of competitor who would go down well at Goodison and he desperately wants to play some football. Getting him in permanently next summer while still turning a profit on Gordon would be some sound business.

We may be able to blag a forward from the Championship for £15m (Ben Brereton Díaz, Gyokeres etc.) or we may get one of Zat's dreamboats from Ligue 1 for a similar price. Look forward to them being vilified for not banging in a hat-trick on their debut whatever happens. Southampton aren't going to settle for less than a decent profit on Adams after he cost them £15m, so that's dead in the water.

Not sure who else there is? Chris Wood if the barcodes sign Joao Pedro? Jiminez if Wolves want rid? Would be happy with either of those two to be honest...

WHAT???!?!?!? lol lol lol lol lol

Could not possibly disagree more

If we lose both of those without replacements then we will be favourites for relegation. This window has been a bit of a disaster for me, I'm not having the narrative at all that the squad is strengthened because the proof is in the pudding on the pitch and we've been dire going forward.

Lampard literally said on Saturday that Forest had far better attacking options than us and that's something we really need to address. That's not the words of someone happy with their options.
The defence and midfield have been strengthened, the forward options have been weakened with the sale of Richarlison... thee next week will determine if it is a good or bad window.

I am happy with the business that has been done but the most important part of the jigsaw has still to be put in place.

I'll duck and cover after I say this but selling Richarlison and Gordon to get Tarkowski, Coady, Vinagre, Onana, Gana, McNeil, Sarr, Joao Pedro and Adams with the prospect of more, us effectively being out of risk of FFP and P&S and getting rid of the lot of deadwood would be an incredible window for us. Step back and look at the whole squad in general and you can see we've gotten magnitudes stronger.

The fact that some people's heads are falling off is laughable. We're so much better off, fair enough we won't replace Richarlison with a player as good as him most likely but the rest of the team has seen massive improvements to the one that finished so dreadfully last year. This can be a game changer season for us.
We haven't got half those signings and Id be surprised if we did. Sarr doesn't want to leave London, who knows what's going on with Gana (we have wasted far too much time on it imo) Joao Pedro (If only, but i don't see it somehow) and Saints now want £25m for Adams after the weekend.

I must be missing something with Pedro because the Watford fans rave about him. But every time I’ve sat and watched Watford, he’s been completely anonymous and I’ve forgotten he was on the pitch
Scored 14 in 71 , dont look too impressive from him.
Is he a centre forward ?
As you say seems to drift in and out of games , still very young so not an instant upgrade.
We do need a here & now player for up front.

You'd be unhappy with either of those two instead of Rondon then?

Yeah I’d be incredibly unhappy with Chris Wood, he is an utterly awful footballer, he’s essentially a centre back playing up front. I would have Rondon starting ahead of him. Jimenez is not as bad as Wood but he is completely finished after his skull fracture.

It’s essentially the equivalent of Bournemouth matching a bid for a target of ours. We would laugh at them and think they were wasting their time.
Well it's not really is it? They've finished above us once in about the last 15 years so that's a pretty daft comparison. They look a better prospect than us at the moment of course, but there's nothing to say he'll be as key there, or be paid as much, Lampard is a bigger draw than Howe etc. Things are bad but some of the woe is me stuff is way over the top.

So it's not magnitudes stronger then.

Losing two of our best outfield players and bringing in 2 okay CBs, a backup left back, a midfield prospect, Mr no goals 1 assist is crap. Those 3 forwards are pretty average, and an aging homophobe.

Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back