Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s it a fire sale? They’re just trying to turn a profit on saleable assets. Same as every club does/should.

I would agree.

Richarlison could be considered a distressed sale giving the deadline, but Gordon, at over 50m just doesnt fit into that at all.

The timing is difficult, and there is an issue that we havent got a striker in (which is frankly a bit odd) but I think those things are separate.

The offers being made for Gordon are at a level that no sensible club could ignore, so there has to be some engagement.

How’s it a fire sale? They’re just trying to turn a profit on saleable assets. Same as every club does/should.

All their strikers together though. Denis has gone and they've been fielding offers for their other two strikers. One yes but anymore a tad dangerous I would think.
Sure I read in that article that Pedro like Richarlison are both originally from Fluminise, will say their scouting network for bargain buys is a lot better than ours.

All their strikers together though. Denis has gone and they've been fielding offers for their other two strikers. One yes but anymore a tad dangerous I would think.
Sure I read in that article that Pedro like Richarlison are both originally from Fluminise, will say their scouting network for bargain buys is a lot better than ours.

Well as far as I can tell, they've sold 1 of 3.

We are about to sell 2 of our 3.

Is it a firesale at Everton and Moshiri is selling up?

Looks to be Eriksen and McTominay now, both of which easily make our starting line up tbf. As does Casimero and Fred.

MGW also had a decent loan in the Championship for a team still stuck there and cost forest £35m

Garner has had a loan with Watford previously and had a season and a half with Forest.

You can make a case either way but prob best to wait until we sign him before we write him off.
He might be great. No clue. I’ve watched Garner a total of like 3 times. I just think it’s kind of funny how people are so excited about him compared to someone like Winks who people say is trash because he can’t get a game at Spurs who have had a far superior midfield to United.

That's 2 years away, I don't think that's relevant to a possible firesale & leaving this year.
No, him leaving is more likely to be due to the new stadium.

We are selling players because we are crap and skint, and bigger teams think they can take our players.

That isn't an excuse for leaving the manager to rely on Rondon for a month though.

What's the minimum expectation for incoming players?

For me, if Gordon stays, anything less than two forward players and one DM would be a bit of a disappointment. Ideally I'd also like an attacking midfielder to replace Dele.

If Gordon leaves, add a prime quality winger to that list

If he stays, Garner for DM, Kudos loan for attacking mid/wide forward, Wilson loan and someone like Diaz if cheap enough (wouldn't pay 15m like)

Well as far as I can tell, they've sold 1 of 3.

We are about to sell 2 of our 3.

Is it a firesale at Everton and Moshiri is selling up?

Yes thanks for repeating my post, like I said they have sold Denis. They are also fielding offers for the other two, Newcastle seemed to have moved on after possible injury to Pedro and the offer structure not bring in their favour. And Watford were in talks over Sarr to sell him. Doesn't sound like a club desperate to keep hold of their players does it. Over Everton who knows what's going on, Moshiri is funding a new ground and we have big ffp problems of which you know full well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back