Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t disagree. Will I support him the moment he steps on the pitch? Absolutely. Do I hope he proves me wrong. Absolutely

But I’ve been harassed all day bc apparently Maupay is off limits. I even got sanctioned and warned for being off topic by GOT by calling posters out for bullying on here.
Do you think that our new signing, Maupay, might improve you as a supporter - even as a person?

I remember one time in school noone wanted to pick Billy Shields for the footy, always the last pick etc. One day I picked him and in a moment of clarity gave him a brotherly pep talk, even though he was about a foot taller than the rest of us, and he went one and literally flattened everyone. It was glorious. There was a power inside him that just needed releasing, and from that day on he was the first pick on everyones team.

I for one feel better already as a result of our new mans arrival.

Do you think that our new signing, Maupay, might improve you as a supporter - even as a person?

I remember one time in school noone wanted to pick Billy Shields for the footy, always the last pick etc. One day I picked him and in a moment of clarity gave him a brotherly pep talk, even though he was about a foot taller than the rest of us, and he went one and literally flattened everyone. It was glorious. There was a power inside him that just needed releasing, and from that day on he was the first pick on everyones team.

I for one feel better already as a result of our new mans arrival.
Danny is that you?

Billy here.

I don’t think there can be many complaints with the other players brought in so far.

We absolutely need another attacker (more if Gordon goes), but each player we’ve signed has improved the squad.

There’s still questions over McNeil no doubt, but hopefully he’ll be more effective once DCL is back with his main attribute being crossing.

It always scares the bejesus out of me when you post something serious...and that I can agree with.

At this point staring another relegation season in the face, I'll take signings that are unsexy, but decently-filling-a-need while financially not stupid.
I feel the same way with Chico. I'm just waiting for him to insult everyone with like the first letters on the left side of the message somehow.

I tried asking earlier in here, but why do people keep saying this? Didnt sources close to Ajax say we hadnt even enquired about the player, and even if we did they wouldnt want to sell him? Has there been any new info on this, or are people spinning yarns based of bad info?
Bobble clarified it on his podcast, a deal was struck with terms agreed but Ajax put a block on it because of United’s interest in Antony and not wanting to lose both players, if United don’t offer what they want then there’s a chance that they’ll let Kudus join us

Bobble clarified it on his podcast, a deal was struck with terms agreed but Ajax put a block on it because of United’s interest in Antony and not wanting to lose both players, if United don’t offer what they want then there’s a chance that they’ll let Kudus join us
Interesting. Wasnt he super wrong on something recently? Hoping this isnt that, Kudos seems a very interesting player.

I suspect that’s our business done for this window.
Biggest positives are not selling Gordon and the Onana signing, the rest of the dealings are fairly average and the level you would expect given our financial constraints.
We desperately need to reduce our wage bill further and if you can’t pay top dollar you ain’t getting top talent.
I think we’ve got enough now to grind out enough points to be safe by Feb, all being well.

Kudus
Diaz
Garner
Gana

No way we're signing all of those inside a week.
Think it’s very doable. Gana and Kudus will be fairly straight forward as the work is mostly done and will be more about their teams letting them go. Bobble says that we’re in for the other 2 and that Garner is closer meaning we’ve clearly got some work done on him.

Think Brereton Diaz might be the trickiest one by far but we’ll hopefully get it done, in truth I’d like another winger as well as him but I doubt we’ll get it done at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back