Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's surely the complete opposite of that though? He's cost relatively little and has proved to be able to contribute in forward positions in this league, its quite low risk and an improvement on what we currently have.

What got us in this position is lashing stupid money at Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Klaasen, Tosun etc and overloading certain positions with garbage whilst not addressing glaring holes season after season. I don't think anyone is claiming Maupay is a world beater or that they want him leading the line for seasons to come, but he gives us an effective option in a position we need without breaking the bank.

It always scares the bejesus out of me when you post something serious...and that I can agree with.

At this point staring another relegation season in the face, I'll take signings that are unsexy, but decently-filling-a-need while financially not stupid.

I think that's more to do with you using the transfer thread to accuse someone of kopite behaviour because they pointed out your post was maybe a little irrational?

Anyhow, I'm happy with the Maupay signing, not outstanding but an improvement and hopefully further incomings over the next few days that improve us more.
Go to the two locked ale house threads and tell me it wasn’t kopite behavior

He's surely the complete opposite of that though? He's cost relatively little and has proved to be able to contribute in forward positions in this league, its quite low risk and an improvement on what we currently have.

What got us in this position is lashing stupid money at Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Klaasen, Tosun etc and overloading certain positions with garbage whilst not addressing glaring holes season after season. I don't think anyone is claiming Maupay is a world beater or that they want him leading the line for seasons to come, but he gives us an effective option in a position we need without breaking the bank.
Astute observations, argued eloquently and reasonably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back