Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that’s our business done for this window.
Biggest positives are not selling Gordon and the Onana signing, the rest of the dealings are fairly average and the level you would expect given our financial constraints.
We desperately need to reduce our wage bill further and if you can’t pay top dollar you ain’t getting top talent.
I think we’ve got enough now to grind out enough points to be safe by Feb, all being well.
Is pragmatic given our situation.

We have brought in players who are less injury prone and a few leaders. This will make a difference to the feel of the squad.

My theory for what it's worth, is the third big Chelsea bid hasn't gone on, but it will. We are sorting our end out first. I can't see Chelsea walking away without another bid with a week left.
I'd be amazed if we didn't, as a bare minimum, sort out Gana and use the final domestic loan.
Think we see Gana/Garner in, Gordon gone and replaced with 1 left field and 1 mentioned in the Wham list.

Allan, Gomes out the door also.

3 Ins
3 Outs

For me.

Think it’s very doable. Gana and Kudus will be fairly straight forward as the work is mostly done and will be more about their teams letting them go. Bobble says that we’re in for the other 2 and that Garner is closer meaning we’ve clearly got some work done on him.

Think Brereton Diaz might be the trickiest one by far but we’ll hopefully get it done, in truth I’d like another winger as well as him but I doubt we’ll get it done at all.
Where’s he say that about Garner, mate?

Think it’s very doable. Gana and Kudus will be fairly straight forward as the work is mostly done and will be more about their teams letting them go. Bobble says that we’re in for the other 2 and that Garner is closer meaning we’ve clearly got some work done on him.

Think Brereton Diaz might be the trickiest one by far but we’ll hopefully get it done, in truth I’d like another winger as well as him but I doubt we’ll get it done at all.
I would be amazed if we paid transfer fees for any more players given our financial position. Frees and loans only.

Allan, Gomes, Dele and Gbamin gone in the same window, that's a lot of money saved even if we're paying part wages for some.
That’s pretty much all the deadwood gone, isn’t it? At least, the expensive deadwood.

Gomes is the one I’m struggling to see go, though. He’s not easy to shift at > 100k a week.

Allan, Gomes, Dele and Gbamin gone in the same window, that's a lot of money saved even if we're paying part wages for some.
Well, yes, but its only saved if they are replaced with nobody.

But for example, cos im bored.

Rich 80
Allan 70
Gomes 120
Dele 50
Gmblammo 25
JJK 25
Tosun 70
Number 10 120
Delph 100
2 loans 100k Hide and seek, El Hidey

760k "saved"

Onana 60
Tarks 100
Maups 70
Dwighty 70
Coads 80
Ving 50

430k spent so far

That’s pretty much all the deadwood gone, isn’t it? At least, the expensive deadwood.

Gomes is the one I’m struggling to see go, though. He’s not easy to shift at > 100k a week.

I guess the best we can hope for is a loan where we cover a fair chunk of his wage, still better than paying him full whack for absolutely nothing. Nice to see some of the deadwood getting shifted, if only to halve their wage until contracts run down so we can release them.

Think we see Gana/Garner in, Gordon gone and replaced with 1 left field and 1 mentioned in the Wham list.

Allan, Gomes out the door also.

3 Ins
3 Outs

For me.
Hope Gordon goes nowhere , so far the signings have been quietly functional , which is not a bad thing.
But Gordon and Richarlison both provided certain spark to the team and losing both in one window would leave the team feeling very flat and lacking in inspiration, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back