Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that is giving me any hope is that the Everton hierarchy must be thinking that if the fans are disappointed on Thursday night that we haven’t got exciting players in AND we then go and get hammered on Saturday, it could turn on them again post match.

I wouldn’t want any signings for the sake of it but I am hoping the board really feel the need to scrape every pound out of the budget because the January window this year is going to be manic and prices even higher than usual given the WC and the schedule to finish off the season

If I were a betting man I’d say it’s if Gordon goes. PSV are looking a decent fee for him. Probably around £35million plus.
I posted yesterday saying I thought we could do maybe a big deal like this without selling Gordon. The argument being that in terms of balancing the books / FFP it doesn’t matter if we make a sale this week or the 30th June next year, as happened with Richy. So maybe they take a chance and buy an expensive player with the intention of balancing at the end of the season.

Hwang has been terrible every time I’ve seen him, genuinely one of the worst players I’ve seen in the PL over the last year or so. I really hope there’s nothing in that one.
So bad that Wolves early decided to activate the clause and make the transfer permanently?
So bad for Red Bull Salzburg that he was transferred to RB Leipzig?
So bad for Red Bull Salzburg that his old manager Jesse March no wants to sign him for Leeds?

He was never a great fit for Wolves and has suffered from Jimenez’ poor form. It is OK with offensive players that doesn’t score much until the day those supposed to score a lot of goals stops scoring.

It is important to know where Hwang comes from and what he has done in his career. He is a player from the Red Bull school, having spent 6-7 years for clubs in the Red Bull group. Used to play 442/4222 formations with much energy and a relentless high press.

Based on how we think Lampard prefer to play, and on anything he did before he joined Everton, a player like Hwang should be a much better fit than let’s say Gray. Who can’t press, is pretty much useless without the ball and seems uncoachable.

As Everton suffer from not having goal scorers, it seems strange to go for a player such as Hwang. But long term, where the club hopefully move towards a more modern approach and positive style of play, they could do a lot worse than going for a player with his background.

I posted yesterday saying I thought we could do maybe a big deal like this without selling Gordon. The argument being that in terms of balancing the books / FFP it doesn’t matter if we make a sale this week or the 30th June next year, as happened with Richy. So maybe they take a chance and buy an expensive player with the intention of balancing at the end of the season.
Was just thinking this myself. Mosh opens the wallet on the understanding AG or DCL are off in the summer. Wouldn’t be sold on Gakpo from the little I’ve seen of him but suppose we’ll wait and see whether this has any legs.

In FFP / P&S terms signing Gakpo for 40M€ and letting go of Alli (and paying 50% of his wages) leaves us in a better position. Assuming you split that 40M€ fee in real terms as well (3 installments like the Kean deal) then we´d have pretty much the same cash in the bank at the end of the season as well.

The suggestion was that Gakpo would stay at PSV this season if they made the group stages of the UCL. Otherwise a move to one of the big boys.

Can't see us signing him at all, and wasn't particularly impressed watching him in both games vs. Rangers, though wouldn't judge on those games in isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back