Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In FFP / P&S terms signing Gakpo for 40M€ and letting go of Alli (and paying 50% of his wages) leaves us in a better position. Assuming you split that 40M€ fee in real terms as well (3 installments like the Kean deal) then we´d have pretty much the same cash in the bank at the end of the season as well.
Yeah I def think a big deal like this could be done now, whether or not we need to sell at the end of the season I dunno but it’s worth doing when it could be the difference in staying up.

Even if buying is contingent on selling by 30th of June we can be a bit more confident on that knowing Gordon is now a high value asset as well as DCL and Pickford, plus we now have many more younger and improving players who could gain value quickly.

In FFP / P&S terms signing Gakpo for 40M€ and letting go of Alli (and paying 50% of his wages) leaves us in a better position. Assuming you split that 40M€ fee in real terms as well (3 installments like the Kean deal) then we´d have pretty much the same cash in the bank at the end of the season as well.

Looks like we are paying a lot more than 50% of Alli wages.

1661770716651.webp

This lad loves a name drop lately..

Mentioned on here a while back that we were interested in Hwang. He is now the main target for deadline day. It will either be perm or loan (if we take up Coady's option now).

Would be standard Everton to spend whatever money we have left on Coady to bring in a no-mark like Hwang.

Also I've heard Dan James strangely enough but probs nonnsense.

So bad that Wolves early decided to activate the clause and make the transfer permanently?
So bad for Red Bull Salzburg that he was transferred to RB Leipzig?
So bad for Red Bull Salzburg that his old manager Jesse March no wants to sign him for Leeds?

He was never a great fit for Wolves and has suffered from Jimenez’ poor form. It is OK with offensive players that doesn’t score much until the day those supposed to score a lot of goals stops scoring.

It is important to know where Hwang comes from and what he has done in his career. He is a player from the Red Bull school, having spent 6-7 years for clubs in the Red Bull group. Used to play 442/4222 formations with much energy and a relentless high press.

Based on how we think Lampard prefer to play, and on anything he did before he joined Everton, a player like Hwang should be a much better fit than let’s say Gray. Who can’t press, is pretty much useless without the ball and seems uncoachable.

As Everton suffer from not having goal scorers, it seems strange to go for a player such as Hwang. But long term, where the club hopefully move towards a more modern approach and positive style of play, they could do a lot worse than going for a player with his background.
Yep. But we play the system that Wolves did (more or less) and as you said, he doesn't fit it. We also need goals. He doesn't score. Two big issues right there.

….I understand concerns about the league he plays in but I like Gapko. Proper size, athleticism & physicality, a really good age and I like what I see.
Yeah, a quick look suggests this is a PL player. Not particularly pacey, but gets around people with strength and bags of skill, good passer, can defend.

So bad that Wolves early decided to activate the clause and make the transfer permanently?
So bad for Red Bull Salzburg that he was transferred to RB Leipzig?
So bad for Red Bull Salzburg that his old manager Jesse March no wants to sign him for Leeds?

He was never a great fit for Wolves and has suffered from Jimenez’ poor form. It is OK with offensive players that doesn’t score much until the day those supposed to score a lot of goals stops scoring.

It is important to know where Hwang comes from and what he has done in his career. He is a player from the Red Bull school, having spent 6-7 years for clubs in the Red Bull group. Used to play 442/4222 formations with much energy and a relentless high press.

Based on how we think Lampard prefer to play, and on anything he did before he joined Everton, a player like Hwang should be a much better fit than let’s say Gray. Who can’t press, is pretty much useless without the ball and seems uncoachable.

As Everton suffer from not having goal scorers, it seems strange to go for a player such as Hwang. But long term, where the club hopefully move towards a more modern approach and positive style of play, they could do a lot worse than going for a player with his background.
I specifically said in the PL so not sure why you’re going off on a tangent about stuff Which is clearly irrelevant.

I just had a quick look at some wolves stuff to see if I’d got the wrong impression of him but it very quickly became clear I hadn’t. One local paper gave him a season rating of 5/10 and said ‘it was very difficult to see what he was supposed to offer’ and another says in their season review that ‘he was desperately, desperately poor for a very large part of the season’. It also has a link to an article titled ‘Lage addresses Hwang form amid fan backlash over signing’. Seems fairly conclusive that he didn’t have a good season, whatever you think about his background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back