Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signings?

61883975-11157257-Jesse_Marsch_felt_there_should_have_been_more_time_added_on_at_t-m-61_1661897332176.jpg

Not sold on Chukwueze these days. Looked great breaking through and at youth levels because of how quick and dynamic he was but he's too one footed for prem football. He's a quicker McNeil essentially, that's how one footed he is.

Haven't his club give it the kybosh completely on this one
Seems like he’s pushing for a move himself as well, they didn’t wanna get rid because they probably assumed the Antony deal would drag out further, think they’ve got plenty time now to replace him for a fraction of what they brought in and all the talk is Kudus barely plays for them anyway so not much of a need for them to replace him.

Think probably something like a loan with obligation to buy for £20m ish would be something they’d accept, which is great for us, seems to be the exact type of player we could use in midfield with Onana for years to come.

Covering for the board if we don't bring another striker in mate?
i just don't think, strictly speaking right now with the squad as it stands and Dom coming back, Everton desperately need an out and out central striker, with Maupay signed.

Now there is absolutely a need for another attacker, but that doesn't necessarily mean a striker. So it's all semantics really.

i just don't think, strictly speaking right now with the squad as it stands and Dom coming back, Everton desperately need an out and out central striker, with Maupay signed.

Now there is absolutely a need for another attacker, but that doesn't necessarily mean a striker. So it's all semantics really.
How long till he’s injured again though Toff? Not just a one off anymore it’s regular

How long till he’s injured again though Toff? Not just a one off anymore it’s regular
Yeah I know mate, but Everton right now don't have the strength in other areas to have 3 out and out strikers and then Rondon on top. Not with the resources they have, and if Gordon is staying as seems to be the case unless Chelsea splash £80m our way.

I think their aim, and this may be why they have someone like Diaz at Blackburn possibly lined up as an option, is a wide forward who can fill in at striker or someone who is versatile across the line. But also feel they want that player to be of real quality hence the links to Gakpo and the lad at Villarreal.

I think they'd like 3 players on top of Gana and in an ideal world that'd be creative midfielder, wide player and a player capable of playing central and shipping Alllan, Gomes and Rondon out. Likelihood is they'll have to settle for 2 in on top of Gana, so we'll see.

Don’t see us getting him, surely he’d be too expensive. Brands being at PSV wouldn’t want to do us any favours either and he’d know more or less what our budget is to begin with so there’d be no bluffing on our end.
Why wouldn't Brands want to do us favours, we backed him, gave him a place on board. Let him squander money and gave him Brainthwaite. He should be giving us first pick on every player.

I want another striker just so we cant get rid of rondon

Seems like he’s pushing for a move himself as well, they didn’t wanna get rid because they probably assumed the Antony deal would drag out further, think they’ve got plenty time now to replace him for a fraction of what they brought in and all the talk is Kudus barely plays for them anyway so not much of a need for them to replace him.

Think probably something like a loan with obligation to buy for £20m ish would be something they’d accept, which is great for us, seems to be the exact type of player we could use in midfield with Onana for years to come.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that Ajax are looking for another midfielder so I would assume if they do get one then we might be able to get Kudus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back