Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
James can come back... if he accepts no more than 70k pw and clauses in his contract for deductions that are incurred for games missed ?

Can't be carrying expensive passengers around lids.

Before any decision is taken on DCL we need to know what sort of attacking football we are intending to play.

DCL needs a particular type of service with lots of crosses. If we are want to play that way then he needs to stay.

If we are looking for all sorts of cute midfield balls to feet, he is less effective. It could work if he has a tricky partner (Ali?)

He is no Harry Kane, but far better than many in the division.

I guess it comes down to whether you build your team around serving him. If we do that he will score goals, but if he gets injured we are blunted.

Before any decision is taken on DCL we need to know what sort of attacking football we are intending to play.

DCL needs a particular type of service with lots of crosses. If we are want to play that way then he needs to stay.

If we are looking for all sorts of cute midfield balls to feet, he is less effective. It could work if he has a tricky partner (Ali?)

He is no Harry Kane, but far better than many in the division.

I guess it comes down to whether you build your team around serving him. If we do that he will score goals, but if he gets injured we are blunted.
That would be a mistake imo. You can’t just have one way of attacking IE just looking to get loads of crosses in the box.

Also he’s never scoring 30 prem goals in a season so you can’t just build your team around him, it a similar argument to Gomes. Play him further up the field because he can’t play in a 2. Again that’s fine if he scores 5 goals and gets 15 assists.

I don’t think DCL does enough outside the penalty box to be considered a top striker. And I do t think he ever will, doesn’t look to me he has the technical ability to improve either. I’d sell in the summer, hopefully get a good fee that lets us buy 3 players. No brainer

That would be a mistake imo. You can’t just have one way of attacking IE just looking to get loads of crosses in the box.

Also he’s never scoring 30 prem goals in a season so you can’t just build your team around him, it a similar argument to Gomes. Play him further up the field because he can’t play in a 2. Again that’s fine if he scores 5 goals and gets 15 assists.

I don’t think DCL does enough outside the penalty box to be considered a top striker. And I do t think he ever will, doesn’t look to me he has the technical ability to improve either. I’d sell in the summer, hopefully get a good fee that lets us buy 3 players. No brainer
If we sell him, I doubt we will get a replacement as good as him (even with his limitations).

I also think that it is madness not to set up your team to maximise your best goal scorers chances.

He may not be top four level, but neither are we.

If we sell him, I doubt we will get a replacement as good as him (even with his limitations).

I also think that it is madness not to set up your team to maximise your best goal scorers chances.

He may not be top four level, but neither are we.
I disagree, think it wouldn’t take much to find a striker his level. Patrick bamford scored more than him last season. And he’s only ever got double figures twice. And is 25 next month.

Personally I think he’s easily replaceable, unfortunately like you say weren’t that good and don’t have many saleable assists. But if we won’t to improve as a squad/team something will have to give. And I’d sell him before Richarlison.

Liverpool get a lot of crosses in the box from their full backs and don’t have a DCL, so it’s important we get quality in the box, whoever is up there, but we shouldn’t just set up to attack that way. It’s a 2 way we street we have to play to his strengths and he has to improve to fit in with the managers strengths.

Read a couple of rumors this morning , saying that we are looking at Crystal Palace’s winger Michael Olise .

Probably BS , but personally I'd like him here

I never want to sign another winger from palace ever again. Bolasie and Townsend … o do t want another .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back