Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need strikers who score as many as possible and then play to their strengths. Anything else is madness.
Maybe when we get better players in, that hopefully will help DCL. When you have Ale house defenders who see a 6”3 CF and just lump it up to him, that will get us nowhere.

Problem is over the last few season, the handful of quality passes he’s had in front of him, to put him clear on goal, he’s missed most of them. I just think he doesn’t offer enough outside the box to help the team.

Maybe when we get better players in, that hopefully will help DCL. When you have Ale house defenders who see a 6”3 CF and just lump it up to him, that will get us nowhere.

Problem is over the last few season, the handful of quality passes he’s had in front of him, to put him clear on goal, he’s missed most of them. I just think he doesn’t offer enough outside the box to help the team.
His hold up play and ability to win high balls up front is a real strength, but under Ancelotti he was asked to be more selfish and focus on getting in the box. That is when his goals came.

His one on one is not so good, the keeper is always favourite. It’s not his strength.

To make him effective, he needs to attack the box and have balls coming from the wings.

I agree with our point about defenders.

Townsend has been a really smart signing to be fair.
Well I know people will point to his goals and assists, does he have 3 goals in the league? Every season he smashes a few 25yarders in. he does take the majority of set pieces so he’s got a good chance of getting assists.
I just think his all round game hasn’t been up to much since 5/6 games before his injury and since he’s come back. Very poor when he’s started games.

We won’t get anywhere long term signing players who are over their peak that clubs like palace don’t won’t.

Well I know people will point to his goals and assists, does he have 3 goals in the league? Every season he smashes a few 25yarders in. he does take the majority of set pieces so he’s got a good chance of getting assists.
I just think his all round game hasn’t been up to much since 5/6 games before his injury and since he’s come back. Very poor when he’s started games.

We won’t get anywhere long term signing players who are over their peak that clubs like palace don’t won’t.
Townsend has had a lot to do with why we aren't in the bottom 3 so far - and it's not just goals and assists. He adds stability to the whole teams defence. Gray on a different level but there's also no comparison between Townsend and Iwobi.
Hes a good back up and tactical sub to have. Proper professional al compared to some of these jokers

Townsend has had a lot to do with why we aren't in the bottom 3 so far - and it's not just goals and assists. He adds stability to the whole teams defence. Gray on a different level but there's also no comparison between Townsend and Iwobi.
Hes a good back up and tactical sub to have. Proper professional al compared to some of these jokers

Why? He’s scored 3 goals - 1 was a pen. 2 assists (I can’t remember either) Those are very average numbers for an attacking player.
He’s been poor since September and it’s no surprise he’s in a team in the bottom 5.

He might give his all and be professional. But how is he adding stability to our defence, as it’s one of the worst in the league, he last 2 starts was villa and Newcastle when he was awful. Ok fair enough he was out of position at Newcastle

The end of the day you buy players from teams around the bottom of the league, like where Townsend has spent he majority of his career,
That’s where you end up.

EVERTON NEARLY GOT ‘ONE OF THE WORLD’S BEST’ FOR £20M, BENITEZ STOPPED DEAL

Wonder if we went back for him he'd come?
Doubt it . Im almost certain Rafael was definitely out to ruin us . Zero shame , didn't care , just wanted us to turn to dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back