Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, think it wouldn’t take much to find a striker his level. Patrick bamford scored more than him last season. And he’s only ever got double figures twice. And is 25 next month.

Personally I think he’s easily replaceable, unfortunately like you say weren’t that good and don’t have many saleable assists. But if we won’t to improve as a squad/team something will have to give. And I’d sell him before Richarlison.

Liverpool get a lot of crosses in the box from their full backs and don’t have a DCL, so it’s important we get quality in the box, whoever is up there, but we shouldn’t just set up to attack that way. It’s a 2 way we street we have to play to his strengths and he has to improve to fit in with the managers strengths.
We have had three 20+ strikers in thirty years. They are hard to find. We would end up with another hard working low scoring CF. A Rondon if you like.

I actually think Richarlison will be sold in the summer. He will have two years left so it is time to cash in. Also, I think he will get a chance at a decent European CL team, maybe PSG, maybe Spain or Italy.

We have had three 20+ strikers in thirty years. They are hard to find. We would end up with another hard working low scoring CF. A Rondon if you like.

I actually think Richarlison will be sold in the summer. He will have two years left so it is time to cash in. Also, I think he will get a chance at a decent European CL team, maybe PSG, maybe Spain or Italy.
Im
Not saying we need a 30 goal a season striker, though it would be nice.

My point is DCL at best will probably get 15 without penalties. So I’d rather get someone who scores 10 but gets 10 assists or at least contributes a lot more for the team. In terms of his work outside the box. DCL didn’t get an assist last season, when you think Kane got something like 15.

Like Gav buckland said on a pod yesterday. In the modern game you need to be more than just a penalty box striker

Pickers, the new young full backs, Gordon, Gray, Richy, DCL: keep. (Maybe Doucs as well)
There's literally nobody else I'm bothered about losing.
Spineless, half-arsed, injury-prone, weekend-ruining disgrace to the shirt who turn up when it suits them applies to most of the rest, with the exception of Allan and Seamus, who are just getting past their sell-by.
Fire sale please Frank.

from the BBC football rumor page
"Roma will not make 24-year-old English midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles' loan spell from Arsenal permanent because he has not impressed in Serie A." feels like an ominous cue for Everton to make poorly thought-out desperation move for him in the summer.

Pickers, the new young full backs, Gordon, Gray, Richy, DCL: keep. (Maybe Doucs as well)
There's literally nobody else I'm bothered about losing.
Spineless, half-arsed, injury-prone, weekend-ruining disgrace to the shirt who turn up when it suits them applies to most of the rest, with the exception of Allan and Seamus, who are just getting past their sell-by.
Fire sale please Frank.
I still think there's potentially a really good centre back in Godfrey and his recovery pace makes him unique. He needs coaching and he needs an organiser beside him. I also think Branthwaite has something about him but other than that I'm not losing sleep if any of the others are sold.

I still think there's potentially a really good centre back in Godfrey and his recovery pace makes him unique. He needs coaching and he needs an organiser beside him. I also think Branthwaite has something about him but other than that I'm not losing sleep if any of the others are sold.
Forgot about Godfrey, but I'm not as convinved by him as I used to be.

Im
Not saying we need a 30 goal a season striker, though it would be nice.

My point is DCL at best will probably get 15 without penalties. So I’d rather get someone who scores 10 but gets 10 assists or at least contributes a lot more for the team. In terms of his work outside the box. DCL didn’t get an assist last season, when you think Kane got something like 15.

Like Gav buckland said on a pod yesterday. In the modern game you need to be more than just a penalty box striker
I think we need strikers who score as many as possible and then play to their strengths. Anything else is madness.

Everton get a good striker after suffering years since utter slugs amongst our fans championed selling the last one. Then the same slugs start picking the edges around the new one to sell again and watch Everton suffer.

The problem is some of our fans. Their Xbox FIFA career fantasies should be be ridiculed as they try and play top scout on here. An embarrassment to Evertonians.

Start by tagging them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back