Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being linked with Cheick Doucoure from Lens. He is a 22 year old DM. There is no price mentioned, but 3 other premier league clubs also listed with an interest. His stats look good, in terms of tackles, Interceptions and passing

Would be a very good signing this, he'll end up in the Prem one way or another

I get this but in this scenario what would be your proposed way forward?

Frank settles on 433 and 523 as his preferred formations (e.g wide players needed in both)

El Ghazi returns to Villa, Richarlison gets his move. Townsend doesn’t look like being ready until Christmas because of his cruciate.

Iwobi is first choice in the attacking midfield role in 433, or the RWB role in 523.

After player sales, we spend the majority of our transfer budget on a first choice centre back, first choice defensive midfielder, and a central striker as replacement for Richarlison.

That leaves Gordon and Gray as our only wingers in the squad. Dobbin is promoted to cover one flank.

What do you do for the other? Do you hope we don’t get injuries. Do we move Iwobi out wide? Do we promote another youth winger who might not be ready? Play someone out of position?

I know this is a hypothetical scenario but it’s easily one that could unfold this summer.

I agree with your principle, we don’t want to hoarde average players but equally we’re a million miles off having two quality players for each position and we’re already maxing out using the academy (Gordon Branthwaite Simms Dobbin) just to make the squad up.

This is what loans are for. Dunno what Thelwell thinks about such stuff, but Bobby Brown Shoes was great at this and EFC needs that again now unless Thelwell has his finger on the South American transfer for pennies market.

E8I5iKTXEAUISFe.jpg

I get this but in this scenario what would be your proposed way forward?

Frank settles on 433 and 523 as his preferred formations (e.g wide players needed in both)

El Ghazi returns to Villa, Richarlison gets his move. Townsend doesn’t look like being ready until Christmas because of his cruciate.

Iwobi is first choice in the attacking midfield role in 433, or the RWB role in 523.

After player sales, we spend the majority of our transfer budget on a first choice centre back, first choice defensive midfielder, and a central striker as replacement for Richarlison.

That leaves Gordon and Gray as our only wingers in the squad. Dobbin is promoted to cover one flank.

What do you do for the other? Do you hope we don’t get injuries. Do we move Iwobi out wide? Do we promote another youth winger who might not be ready? Play someone out of position?

I know this is a hypothetical scenario but it’s easily one that could unfold this summer.

I agree with your principle, we don’t want to hoarde average players but equally we’re a million miles off having two quality players for each position and we’re already maxing out using the academy (Gordon Branthwaite Simms Dobbin) just to make the squad up.
We keep Richy. Kean plus Mina plus Keane, Gomes and Allan should generate £70m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back