Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather wait till said players leave before we shopped for their position.
Really?! Isn't that normally one of the biggest criticisms people have of the club, that we're not organised and are too reactive in the market? I'm not sure that waiting for Richarlison to leave a week before the season and then saying 'right lads, any idea who we can get to replace him' is a good plan personally.

I don't know who will stay and go this summer, and i don't know what our budget will be either way, but I wouldn't mind us having another decent option out wide to be honest. It's not number one on my list but we're not so well off there that i'd be ruling out strengthening.

Realistically this is going to take a few more windows to sort. We aren't going to be getting 6 or 7 players in. Will probably get in around 3 first team players and one of Richarlison, Pickford or Calvert-Lewin will most likely finance those moves. Imo it'll be a replacement for whoever goes, a CM and a CB. Anything else will be loans.

If we kept everyone and sold those 'squad' players we'd bring in about £70mil.

With that we would need CB, DM, CM, FW

i think thats achievable. Tarkowski being free would be a big help to achieve this.

Cornet looked garbage every time I had the misfortune of watching Burnley. Reminded me of Stuart Barlow the amount of sitters he missed.

100% Jigsaw Barlow = Cornet.

Flip side, he's part of the reason they had a chance of staying up in the first place.

If they had signed someone else they could have stayed up.

Cornet wasnt even good in France.

They really are gambling big on short term success with these signings. Digne, Kamara, Coutinho and Carlos must have the wage bill through the roof and three of them zooming in on 30.
They’re new Everton…Flashy signings for big money that will take them to mid table but nothing more. Then 5 years on when they’re up against it with FFP, they’ll be dragged back down the table and be scrambling for survival and how to skirt around the rules.

CB: Colwill
DM: Ampadu
DM: Gilmour
CM: Gallagher
CF: Broja

How much for the lot?

Interesting to see us linked with Ramires (21) from Bahia and Ederson (22) from Salernitana.

Both former Brazil u20 midfield players, both dont have very good youtube videos.
Gallagher has no interest in leaving. Chelsea won’t be selling Colwill, but may be amenable to loaning him out. Tuchel wants to see how Broja does in preseason. Gilmour and Ampadu may be for sale.

Really?! Isn't that normally one of the biggest criticisms people have of the club, that we're not organised and are too reactive in the market? I'm not sure that waiting for Richarlison to leave a week before the season and then saying 'right lads, any idea who we can get to replace him' is a good plan personally.

I don't know who will stay and go this summer, and i don't know what our budget will be either way, but I wouldn't mind us having another decent option out wide to be honest. It's not number one on my list but we're not so well off there that i'd be ruling out strengthening.

I should have said *for any other position.

I would not sign a winger for big bucks, on the chance Richy leaves, when we have Richy, Gordon, Gray and Townsend.

Gallagher has no interest in leaving. Chelsea won’t be selling Colwill, but may be amenable to loaning him out. Tuchel wants to see how Broja does in preseason. Gilmour and Ampadu may be for sale.
Broja won’t be there. As much as Rom has been a disappointment, they paid too much to bench him and/or move him on, and Haevertz and Werner will likely be staying as well (similar reasons). Broja might not come here, but he’s not going to be at Chelsea, so it’s at least a feasible option. Gallagher may get a real chance. Idk didly about Colwill besides he’s a CB that likely isn’t ready to start here, so on loan not sure he makes a lot of sense.

I should have said *for any other position.

I would not sign a winger for big bucks, on the chance Richy leaves, when we have Richy, Gordon, Gray and Townsend.
Yeah I see what you mean. I think the key thing to remember though is that the club will have a much better idea of what's happening behind the scenes than we do. So while to us it might be 'on the chance that Richarlison leaves' the club may know full well that he's leaving (i'm not saying he is, just that obviously they aren't as in the dark about these things as we are).

They’re new Everton…Flashy signings for big money that will take them to mid table but nothing more. Then 5 years on when they’re up against it with FFP, they’ll be dragged back down the table and be scrambling for survival and how to skirt around the rules.
Yeah, if I was a Villa fan I'd be questioning whether Stevie really has the long term interests of the club at heart here or whether he's just aiming for some limited short term success (which really is Europa League at best) to boost his own reputation. It wouldn't surprise me if they still went for Tarkowski even after this signing.

Yeah I see what you mean. I think the key thing to remember though is that the club will have a much better idea of what's happening behind the scenes than we do. So while to us it might be 'on the chance that Richarlison leaves' the club may know full well that he's leaving (i'm not saying he is, just that obviously they aren't as in the dark about these things as we are).

I wouldn't bet on this. How many Summers have we lost a player we haven't replaced beforehand? Lost two attacking mids last Summer and just ignored the position.

Broja won’t be there. As much as Rom has been a disappointment, they paid too much to bench him and/or move him on, and Haevertz and Werner will likely be staying as well (similar reasons). Broja might not come here, but he’s not going to be at Chelsea, so it’s at least a feasible option. Gallagher may get a real chance. Idk didly about Colwill besides he’s a CB that likely isn’t ready to start here, so on loan not sure he makes a lot of sense.
There have been rumours that Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech will be moved on come the Summer. If so, we will see what chances Broja gets.

Tuchel doesn’t appear to rate Lukaku, so (dependent on which forwards arrive) Broja may still play a big part for Chelsea next season.

I wouldn't bet on this. How many Summers have we lost a player we haven't replaced beforehand? Lost two attacking mids last Summer and just ignored the position.
I think that was just a tactical thing from Benitez to be honest, he signed wingers and said he wanted to get wide and put crosses in, I just don't think he wanted a number 10 at all. The club definitely have a better idea than us of who's staying and going mate, i'm not sure we really need to debate that one.

I think that was just a tactical thing from Benitez to be honest, he signed wingers and said he wanted to get wide and put crosses in, I just don't think he wanted a number 10 at all. The club definitely have a better idea than us of who's staying and going mate, i'm not sure we really need to debate that one.

They'll maybe know but frankly there's zero historical evidence of them using that information smartly. Maybe you've seen different forward planning since Moshiri took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back