Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Ings 30 very soon too. Him, Coutinho and Digne no stranger to an injury as well.

If they click and stay injury free they could look like a proper team though. They seem to be able to get their deals done very quickly and without the whole world nothing weeks before hand.
Looks to me like us when we had money...let's just buy everything that looks good and hope for the best on the pitch...dangerous game indeed between injuries, poor form, not adapting to the league...and at the same time high wages.

If we sold Gray for anything over £10mil id be thrilled.

Cornet is absolute dross. He was poor in France and the 9 goals for Burnley is an anomaly, hes never scored that many or even close to the 1 in 3 ratio in his career...

If we sell Gray and need a wide player we have to bring in Brennan Johnson. Failing that a Sulemana or Doku....just a direct quick player u21.
In this market Gray can be sold for £20m.

Cornet £15m is alright. Good age and preformed well last season. He can cover LB so we don’t have to see Kenny again in a blue shirt.

If we got a player like Tarkowski on a free then I'd agree with you that we'd prob get 3 more on top of that. We need to be clever this window
Keane £10mil / Kean £25mil / Mina £10mil / Allan £10mil / Gomes £0 /Gbamin £5mil / Gray £10mil.

These numbers are very conservative bringing in £70mil.

As I said, if we get Tarkowski (Free) then I think its interesting to then look at the Chelsea players Colwill (CB), Gilmour (DM), Ampadu (DM), Gallagher (CM) Broja (CF)

Then of course the rapid wide players like Johnson if Forest go up. Like Sulemana or Doku.

I wonder if Ampadu and Gilmour may be a decent pairing in the centre.

I hate shopping in the PL it bores me to death

FFS Everton do some proper scouting

Might as well have the MOTD team on the books

With us finishing so low in the league it may be a case of 'less risk' this window. Go for players such as Tarkowski that can be better than what we have for 2-3 seasons then move to the bench.

I think we'll do most business on England with a couple of young talents from overseas.

Villa now being the gullible ones to sign a 29 year old with 0 caps for a nation infamous for not being able to defend. Mein gott! This really is Moshiri 2016 szn. This 12th place finish about to hit ever so different

Cornet

In 252 games for Lyon he scored 51 goals and got 29 assists.

Hence: a goal or assist every 3.15 games. Not bad.

Plus he’s done well at Burnley.

9 goals at face value is decent.

3 goals in his last 16 games and only 1 assist all season from their attacking focal point is poor.

In France he really wasnt good....

In this market Gray can be sold for £20m.

Who is paying £20mil for Gray? This is a player that no one wanted for 2 years apart from us and Leverkusen on cheap deals.

I think £10mil is realistic...£15-20mil and its ideal.

Hes not good enough.

Interesting. When was that figure reported, before the current spree? Also got to factor in that if they have torn up the wage structure for the likes of Kamara some of the existing guys on more frugal wages might start knocking on the door. Plus, wages aside, between Ings, Digne, Coutinho and now Carlos it's probably north of £100m in transfer fees for guys heading towards 30 and unlikely to have much resale value.
No I made an estimate after them and also the winter window signings it was only something like £60m. Id guess its about £100-120m overall. The players being signed are at their prime age in theory, I'm not sure resale value really comes into it. If they do the job that is what is important at the end of the day, leave the little neds to worry about resale value.

I don’t believe any of the players we are linked with so far, most of it is lazy journalism trying to fill space now the season is over.

9 goals at face value is decent.

3 goals in his last 16 games and only 1 assist all season from their attacking focal point is poor.

In France he really wasnt good....

Who is paying £20mil for Gray? This is a player that no one wanted for 2 years apart from us and Leverkusen on cheap deals.

I think £10mil is realistic...£15-20mil and its ideal.

Hes not good enough.
Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back