Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think players like Gordon and Gray are in the same class. If Cornet is better it's a small enough gap that you don't spend extra on it. And on top of that he's not getting better as he's 26 where Gordon at least might.

Plus he's another winger who doesn't create which we badly need to stop doing.
What he does do is actually find the net from time to time. I’m not saying he’s the answer or even someone we should be going for, but he does improve the squad, and really if anyone says we shouldn’t be signing someone because they’re too old at 25, I’m going to suggest that’s a silly argument.

Well, for starters, he’d be our second best wide player behind Richy, who is probably leaving, so I guess good enough is relative. Also players can and do improve beyond 25. That’s why 27-28 is often considered a player’s prime.

I’d have that Cornet all day.

Offers us Richy esque style of play.

Think Cornet is lazy journalism but we should be all over that at £17.5 millions which is nothing these days.

Lets be honest yes Gordon is scouse but he also has very little end product and Gray is inconsistent.

Having him and Richarlison flanking DCL gives us more potency up top.

Has done well at Burnley with the limited opportunities they get to score.

He has indeed.

Shrewd business for some lucky club.

Yeah won’t be us haha.

If we signed Cornet today hed be our 5th choice wide player.

Richarlison, Gordon, Gray, Dele would all start ahead of him.

If we sold Gray and spent £17.5mil on Cornet then he'd be likely 4th choice and at best 3rd choice.

In addition, if we fast forward a season and tried to sell him, whose paying £17.5mil+ for him?

He's played a season for Burnley as their attacking focal point and got only 1 assist.

There are so many players to sign before him. I wouldnt sign him unless he was £5mil and thats with a view to selling at £10mil next season.

What he does do is actually find the net from time to time. I’m not saying he’s the answer or even someone we should be going for, but he does improve the squad, and really if anyone says we shouldn’t be signing someone because they’re too old at 25, I’m going to suggest that’s a silly argument.
As I said somewhere else I really believe that will be his peak as a goal scorer.

Also functionally he's 26, he turns 26 in September so he'll have played single digit matches for us at 25.

Under 25 and 25m. Every time.

As I said somewhere else I really believe that will be his peak as a goal scorer.

Also functionally he's 26, he turns 26 in September so he'll have played single digit matches for us at 25.

Under 25 and 25m. Every time.
Ok this is ridiculous. He’s 26 in 4 months so we need to refer to him as 26 now? In 40 months he’ll be 29. Let’s just call him 29 because he’d probably sign a 4 year deal. The idea of “Functional” age is next level hipster crazy.

If we sold Gray and spent £17.5mil on Cornet then he'd be likely 4th choice and at best 3rd choice.

In addition, if we fast forward a season and tried to sell him, whose paying £17.5mil+ for him?

He's played a season for Burnley as their attacking focal point and got only 1 assist.

There are so many players to sign before him. I wouldnt sign him unless he was £5mil and thats with a view to selling at £10mil next season.

Gonna have to disagree.

Gordon, for as amazing as he’s been this year, doesn’t have the final product in the final third. Still time to fix that.

Gray for as electric as he is when he’s on form, showed why lots let him go. Blighted with inconsistency.

Richarlison, absolute no brainer.

Iwobi, amazing to finish the year and if he carries fbat on, there’s no need.

But regardless of all that Cornet at £17.5m is excellent business for whoever gets him.

He played in a Burnley team that play hoofball. Maybe in a side playing a different style of football he might do a bit better?

Ok this is ridiculous. He’s 26 in 4 months so we need to refer to him as 26 now? In 40 months he’ll be 29. Let’s just call him 29 because he’d probably sign a 4 year deal.
I think we need to focus on younger players. We've got Tarkowski rumors so there is an exception. We've got Cornet who barely squeaks in (for me he's not young enough but let's give it the benefit of the doubt). At some point you have to stop making exceptions or you don't really have a philosophy.

But even ignoring all that we're not going anywhere signing players who aren't improving and who aren't going to get into any of the top eight or so sides. It's just a pointless waste of money even if he's a small upgrade today.

I’m not saying I want him. As we have players in that position. But he has had good season with a poor Burnley team. He has missed 1 or 2 sitters but that happens to everyone. And with regards to assists he is trying to supply Dross who miss chances regularly. I personally don’t want him but he has had a good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back