Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says who mate?

We've not even made any bids and our fans are making up imaginary wages.
Generally accepted logic for free transfers is that wages/signing on fees are higher to offset lack of fee, no? The lowest I’ve read re Tarkowski’s wages is £90k a week. IMO that’s an overpayment.

Last salary info I can find for Cornet was £60k a week at Lyon. I imagine he got a bump signing for Burnley and would want another coming to us so I’d assume ~£80k a week, maybe? I get it can be the nature of the beast in his position but he seems far too patchy, for me, to justify that.

I agree with you that we’re having to shop in the bargain bin but I refuse to believe - especially in Cornet’s case - we couldn’t find better value in lower/lesser leagues. THAT is where our rivals have had the edge over us in recent years. We need to be unearthing gems, not waiting for other PL teams to do it and then paying over the odds.

Who was the guy that used to give the transfer rumouurs each morning, we need this back, as well as the guy who listed every player linked to Everton in his profile!

Lets hope Lampard and Thelwell have a long list of potential targets, not just the ones mentioned on here. Will we go back for Diallo who we tried to sign on deadline day?
You thinking of @Eggs

Think Cornet and Tarkowski for £17.5m and relatively not high wages would be good moves for us. Tarkowski is a bit of a no brainer and Cornet outscored all our players except Richy last year in a somehow worse team than us. Think these are the kinds of deals we're gonna do well to look at, hard working players who mightn't set the world on fire but aren't just "happy to be here".

Think all in all we'll end up spending £40m-£60m this summer depending on how sales so so to spend a little under a half or third of that on 2 fairly important and lacking positions for us would be good. Would give us time and money to explore midfield options too as that needs to be the absolute priority after a CB.

Think Cornet and Tarkowski for £17.5m and relatively not high wages would be good moves for us. Tarkowski is a bit of a no brainer and Cornet outscored all our players except Richy last year in a somehow worse team than us. Think these are the kinds of deals we're gonna do well to look at, hard working players who mightn't set the world on fire but aren't just "happy to be here".

Think all in all we'll end up spending £40m-£60m this summer depending on how sales so so to spend a little under a half or third of that on 2 fairly important and lacking positions for us would be good. Would give us time and money to explore midfield options too as that needs to be the absolute priority after a CB.

Have we been linked to Cornet mate?

Generally accepted logic for free transfers is that wages/signing on fees are higher to offset lack of fee, no? The lowest I’ve read re Tarkowski’s wages is £90k a week. IMO that’s an overpayment.

Last salary info I can find for Cornet was £60k a week at Lyon. I imagine he got a bump signing for Burnley and would want another coming to us so I’d assume ~£80k a week, maybe? I get it can be the nature of the beast in his position but he seems far too patchy, for me, to justify that.

I agree with you that we’re having to shop in the bargain bin but I refuse to believe - especially in Cornet’s case - we couldn’t find better value in lower/lesser leagues. THAT is where our rivals have had the edge over us in recent years. We need to be unearthing gems, not waiting for other PL teams to do it and then paying over the odds.
Wages like that isn't really how it works with relegated players, Tarkowski is obviously gonna be on more since he's a free transfer so that's fine, if Cornet was really on £80k a week at Burnley they'd certainly have had a relegation wage clause in his contract which could drop it massively. He could quite easily be only on £50k or less a week now depending on that clause with basically no bargaining power so whatever it would hypothetically be wouldn't be significant for us and what we've paid players.

Like Lyon for example?

He scored 2 last season and had 5 assists. The year before he scored 4 and had 3 assists.

Thats in a weaker league in a comparatively far stronger side.

Id say his 9 goals reflect that hes had a good season. I think he should have had 15 goals really as hes missed a fair few 'easy' chances.

Burnley paid £13.5mil for him and they should make a profit.

But in a seasons time i cant see anyone wanting to pay over £17.5mil for him

Id rather sell Gray and go for a young replacement to be 3rd/4th choice behind Richarlison/Gordon with the potential to force his way into the team in 12months.

9 goals, for a winger in Burnleys team is very good though mate. Better than Gray, Gordon, Townsend and not far off Richarlison. If we are selling Richarlison for 50m+ and replacing with Cornet a 17.5 we could do a lot worse.

I think players like Gordon and Gray are in the same class. If Cornet is better it's a small enough gap that you don't spend extra on it. And on top of that he's not getting better as he's 26 where Gordon at least might.

Plus he's another winger who doesn't create which we badly need to stop doing.

I'm not sure we can attract significantly better though mate. Hes also 25, so could feasibly get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back