Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is fair if thats your view is not a chance we go up to 40 million for him. Dont really think 25 million is cheap for him is a fair price as he is not a starting player is cm playing at lb.
If you saw the game tonight you saw a high class versatile international accomplished in playing 3 positions. His stock has now risen further and he is in demand. If Everon's maximum offer is 25M then you won't be signing him, simple as. But i hope we don't sell him tbh.

Disgusting!

If true, Frank is basically making us Chelsea without the decent players, which makes us Brighton doesn`t it?

The only teams I can think have ever achieved with 3 at the back is Chelsea with Conte, Inter with Conte with Spurs coming good with Conte. Chelsea did OK for half a season under Teuchel but nose dived this season as they did under Frank.

3-5-2 negates all wingers i.e. Gray and Gordon whilst 3-4-3 negates all CMs except top notch CDMs which is Allan, Doucoure, Davies, Alli and if we got Gallagher....

If that is true that is the worst possible news....

Can anyone think of a 3-5-2/3-4-3 side that has had a period of success or dominance other than those listed above?

Well Brighton are better than us so maybe they aren't the worst side to copy

Zinchenko is a very good footballer.

I’ve absolutely no idea why anybody would be deluded enough to think he will end up at Everton.
He is a good footballer. There are a few at Ukrainian clubs too who look like they might be worth a punt. I wonder if we could at least get loans for a couple over the next season, given the situation out there isn't likely to end anytime soon and we have no money.

-Mykhaylo Mudryk looks to me like he's going to be an absolute baller.
- Tetê looked really good for Lyon on his emergency loan after the Russian invasion.
- Pedrinho has good potential.
- Manor Solomon the same.
- Marcos Antônio has looked good every time I've seen Shakhtar in Europe (although at 5ft5, might be a bit small to play CM in the PL)
- Lassina Traore was highly thought off at Ajax and started like a house on fire out there.
- Illia Zabarnyi (sp??) is a big, highly thought of CB.
- Viktor Tsyhankov's stats have been insane for Dynamo Kyiv.

Plus David Neres (who never lived up to his potential is still kicking around out there too).

Given the fact that the league can't really continue, I'm sure it would be worth the club looking at some of these players. A loan would mean that the clubs have the potential to have them back when this awful war is over and the players still get to play, but it might also save us some dough too. Could be win-win.

Page after page of discussion over a rumoured formation when Frank showed he is willing to change to what works best with the hand he has. Let's get back on topic. Defensive midfield is a key area for me.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sweeper system making a return to the big time

I could see someone like Coleman playing that role, almost like a Quarter Back

It would mean he wouldn't have to run around any more at least

Alternatively you could easily have someone like Holgate or Godfrey play that role if you trained them for it

It's had it's day as a system though I feel, but it's fun to imagine sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back