Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The formation we are going to play is a factor in the players we need mate.

433 requires different players to a 352.
It does but 343 can move into a 433 if the wingback like Iwobi did at times, pushes into midfield or if the full back goes into a back three at times and one full back on the other side pushes up. We played it at times under Carlo too. Truth is formations move in a game and who we have ie CB partnerships and strength in midfield makes a difference to what formation we start games with. I think with the right players it can work equally if we have better partnerships we can play 433 too.

It does but 343 can move into a 433 if the wingback like Iwobi did at times, pushes into midfield or if the full back goes into a back three at times and one full back on the other side pushes up. We played it at times under Carlo too. Truth is formations move in a game and who we have ie CB partnerships and strength in midfield makes a difference to what formation we start games with. I think with the right players it can work equally if we have better partnerships we can play 433 too.
We all agree we need creativity in midfield and also somebody who can drive the ball, somebody who can break play up, regardless of the formation.

I would say the 4-3-3 worked better but yes we lost a lot regardless
For me its hard to say, we had the Chelsea and Leicester games when we played a 5.

I think its fair to say they were probably our "biggest" results of the season, bar the Palace game, as you know we started with 5 and found ourselves 2-0 down.

Struggling to think of any games we looked impressive playing 433, but no doubt you will refresh my memory.

For me its hard to say, we had the Chelsea and Leicester games when we played a 5.

I think its fair to say they were probably our "biggest" results of the season, bar the Palace game, as you know we started with 5 and found ourselves 2-0 down.

Struggling to think of any games we looked impressive playing 433, but no doubt you will refresh my memory.
I didn't think we actually played well against Leicester. I know, results. But I think I said after that game we needed to bin it and we saw what came next.

We did it for a few games and I thought it was less awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back