Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally thought Lampard favoured a 433 when he first came in and we drifted MORE towards 5 at the back near the end.

But ive honestly blocked out most of last season, so I could be wrong.
Yeah that’s how I remember it. After a couple lashings he figured out we couldn’t actually defend with a 4 and switched to a back 5. Then he figured out we couldn’t defend with a 5 either because we have a bunch of crap players. Funny how the system doesn’t really matter much when you have a bunch of crap players. He did get us a few results with the initial change. Chelsea stands out.

Not if we sell him, without him reaching 20 games for the first 10 million

Never in a million years will we pay 40 million, we would have to be champions to hit those clauses

How do you know this? How do you know it isn’t purely appearance based? We could just have to pay £10m every 20 games, in which case we could lose every game and still have to pay £40m eventually. I think it’s highly, highly, highly unlikely Levy has allowed us to put in a clause that factors in winning silverware.

Not going to link it but Transfers Toffee posted a Pic&Mix of players...

If we keep hold of DCL / Richarlison its 4 players from this list that were apparently interested in

Defence:
James Tarkowski
Levi Colwill
Jacob Greaves
Chris Richards

Midfield:
Cade Cowell
Conor Gallagher
Carles Gill
Dennis Zakaria

Forwards:
Gianluca Scamacca
Alou Kuol
Myron Boadu
Armando Broja
Keane Lewis Potter

I wont pick 4 but Id be happy with:

Tarkowski / Colwill
Gallagher
Scamacca / Broja / Lewis-Potter
I’m not sure what I’m looking here but that’s quite a random set of names. A couple thoughts.
1. Cade Cowell isn’t a midfielder.
2. Chris Richards would be a good signing, but not sure how he’s doing health wise.
3. What is this?

How do you know this? How do you know it isn’t purely appearance based? We could just have to pay £10m every 20 games, in which case we could lose every game and still have to pay £40m eventually. I think it’s highly, highly, highly unlikely Levy has allowed us to put in a clause that factors in winning silverware.
Reckon he threw a CL clause in there like somewhere, just to have a laugh with his mates at the Yacht club.

"Yeah lol, 5m if they win the CL, I nearly wet myself Cuthbert".

One day football will come to understand that overly defensive set ups are not pragmatic but rather praying for luck to fall on your side. It did for us thank God.
They can be but I agree they aren't the sole definition of pragmatism. Against the superior midfield of Chelsea and Leicester a defensive approach was sensible however I felt it would of been more pragmatic to play with a greater attacking emphasis against Watford away game. But we're a shambolic team who couldn't control games against most competition in some ways you do have to temper your expectations but I do get the gist

It was reported as £10mil after 20games...another £10mil after 40 games with there being £15-20 based on other clauses.

I’m not sure what I’m looking here but that’s quite a random set of names. A couple thoughts.
1. Cade Cowell isn’t a midfielder.
2. Chris Richards would be a good signing, but not sure how he’s doing health wise.
3. What is this?

Twitter Everton transfer guy. Interesting variety.

why would Richards be goodn+ whats a Cade?

Is James coming back?

Haha thats funny. Hope so, on half the wages :)

It was reported as £10mil after 20games...another £10mil after 40 games with there being £15-20 based on other clauses.

Twitter Everton transfer guy. Interesting variety.

why would Richards be goodn+ whats a Cade?

Haha thats funny. Hope so, on half the wages :)
Very very odd to post a video of a former player on the OS youtube site.

A big if, if Richy leaves for Real. Use the fee and Kean money to buy.

Palhinha (Sporting), Neto (Wolves), Nunes (Sporting).

Since the OS posted a video of James I expect him to come back on a free transferlol

Pickford

Godfrey Tarkowski Kim Min-jae

Iwobi Palhinha Nunes Mykolenko

James Calvert-Lewin Neto

A big if, if Richy leaves for Real. Use the fee and Kean money to buy.

Palhinha (Sporting), Neto (Wolves), Nunes (Sporting).

Since the OS posted a video of James I expect him to come back on a free transferlol

Pickford

Godfrey Tarkowski Kim Min-jae

Iwobi Palhinha Nunes Mykolenko

James Calvert-Lewin Neto

Cant see us looking too far away from mostly u23s from the English leagues.

Hi Mike, exactly the same question to you, how do you know it wasn't, it might be just appearance based, but again it might not be?

All that we do know is that once Dele hits 20 appearances for the club we owe Spurs GBP10 million, the rest of the fee raising to GBP40 million based on clauses which may or may not be achievement based

Agree about Levi, yes he is a knob we seen that with Pienaar, but Dele was one of his higher earners at Spurs, so could they be doing exactly like what we would do if it was Gomez from us for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back