Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
people got too obsessed with formations, its about the players, not actual formations.

Better players perform better and do their jobs more efficiently, that it, its that simple.

…it’s my often posted mantra too, but you have to buy the ‘type’ of players who fit how you want to play. Transfer strategy that fits a playing strategy. The huge plus is when partnerships and blend happens (Ball/Harvey/Kendall; Reid/Bracewell; Sharp/Gray; Pienaar/Baines etc).

people got too obsessed with formations, its about the players, not actual formations.

Better players perform better and do their jobs more efficiently, that it, its that simple.

I think last season the manager was just doing the best with what we had and played the 523 / 541 because of the playing staff and we were shipping goals. Hopefully if we sign a solid CB, RB and 2 CM we would switch to a 433 / 451. Most teams in the league play this way, with 3 central midfielders, the problem for us, playing with 2 is they get overrun in there and it’s very difficult to have large spells of possession

Yeah that’s how I remember it. After a couple lashings he figured out we couldn’t actually defend with a 4 and switched to a back 5. Then he figured out we couldn’t defend with a 5 either because we have a bunch of crap players. Funny how the system doesn’t really matter much when you have a bunch of crap players. He did get us a few results with the initial change. Chelsea stands out.
I don’t think this is entirely accurate as I vividly remember a handful of games early on Franks tenure where Coleman played as the rcb with kenny as the rwb and I absolutely hated it. On a personal level I have been constantly complaining on our persistence with 352 and how whenever we do, it never works.

I think given the stature of the mess were in, right now, that if consider it a successful summer if we bring in.

Tarkowski
Colwill
Broja
Gallagher

That is dependent on literally no out goings. If we do sell DCL and Richarlison then I’d be hoping for a few more bodies in the mix.

Do worry if we lose both and end up getting Lewis-Potter as the replacement. Absolute talent, but fear we’d be setting ourselves up for a slog again.
We are not replacing dcl and rich with Lewis-potter

…it’s my often posted mantra too, but you have to buy the ‘type’ of players who fit how you want to play. Transfer strategy that fits a playing strategy. The huge plus is when partnerships and blend happens (Ball/Harvey/Kendall; Reid/Bracewell; Sharp/Gray; Pienaar/Baines etc).

While i agree, i genuinely believe that many of those partnerships developed by chance and not strategic recruiting.

They was all just very good and very hardworking players, that happened to get on well. You cant scout that, as you never really know.

We have good players, but they are good players from 5/6 different managers opinions.

I think last season the manager was just doing the best with what we had and played the 523 / 541 because of the playing staff and we were shipping goals. Hopefully if we sign a solid CB, RB and 2 CM we would switch to a 433 / 451. Most teams in the league play this way, with 3 central midfielders, the problem for us, playing with 2 is they get overrun in there and it’s very difficult to have large spells of possession

Imo all our later managers struggled because of the squad, its not poor. Its just been put together by 5/6 managers, 2 dof, 1 chairman and an owner.

We need stability so 1/2 people on same page can construct a squad mainly of their own players they like.

While i agree, i genuinely believe that many of those partnerships developed by chance and not strategic recruiting.

They was all just very good and very hardworking players, that happened to get on well. You cant scout that, as you never really know.

We have good players, but they are good players from 5/6 different managers opinions.

…I absolutely agree, luck plays a big part in partnerships but you can give them a chance to blend by bringing players together you think will compliment each other’s game.

Bob Latchford converted crosses, buying Dave Thomas as a renowned crosser of a football had a good chance of working.

I did admit I'd never heard of him before city. But even before city, other than for Ukraine, he played very little at CM at a senior level.

And I certainly hadn't watched him play for Ufa. And I'm taking a wild guess that you didn't either.

I did ?

Can't honestly say I remember him though in truth.

Seen him a fair bit for Ukraine though

That was me and he's worth that. Anyone thinking we'll give him away for 25-20M is deluded. Was MOtM tonight and will have more clubs wanting to sign him.

He should be playing his preferred role imo, impossible at city due to well whose playing there for you, but it's a criminal waste to play the lad at lb, he's top quality as a midfielder

…I absolutely agree, luck plays a big part in partnerships but you can give them a chance to blend by bringing players together you think will compliment each other’s game.

Bob Latchford converted crosses, buying Dave Thomas as a renowned crosser of a football had a good chance of working.
Yeah without a doubt.

And if we give that 1 person the chance to actually do that on his own or with a same thinking dof, then we will in time get those balances right.

Letting too many people pick n choose players has killed us, thats the top n bottom of our issues for me.

We loose 2018 next year mate that was a loss of - 13.2 mill. 19/20 & 20/21 are averaged though and counted as one. But in looseing 18 we are looseing one of our kindest losses And heading into some bad years.

You are on the money I make our loss for this year up to July, between 70/80 million. Rumblings are and we hinted we are going to argue another 50 mill Covid loss, if that came to pass and we sold Kean for 25 mill before July we should comply this year.

After July we would have the reduced wage, reduced ammoritisation on contracts, but we also have a just below 40 mill hole in income to cover in the USM income and PL prize money.

You can see where the sale of Richarlison may fit in and may be absolutely necessary.

Walsh
Brands
Boris

The unholy trinity have done unspeakable horrors to this club of ours. Going to be a miracle in catching up to the likes of WHU/Newcastle/Villa/Leicester in our current situation.

If I was Thelwell I would be getting Tarkowski and Eriksen in on free transfers and punting Mina, Kean and Gbamin for a few bob.

Imo all our later managers struggled because of the squad, its not poor. Its just been put together by 5/6 managers, 2 dof, 1 chairman and an owner.

We need stability so 1/2 people on same page can construct a squad mainly of their own players they like.

Totally agree, we need a settled period of the same manager and DOF. The problem is if we are in the bottom 3 after the opening 15 games of the season, Frank will be down the road and we will be back to square one.

I am expecting decent transfer biz from Frank and his pals despite all the issues. He has done
well in the past spotting talent and Clements is the bloke who took us to the cleaners over Siggi, a
poker game in which EFC was truly stuffed. I have no idea about the DOF but he's English at least
and should be able to see through those foreign johnnies pretending to be interested in anything
other than the money.

Goals from midfield, centre-backs who like to head the ball, full backs that can contribute, speed in midfield
and trickery up-front are what is required. And youth not pensioners looking for a top-up and a good massage
at Finch Farm.

And finally do not go shopping at Chelsea, Manu, Spurs rather search them out in the championship.
No foreigners, no experienced players, and they must play for a rubbish team.
I thought the twilight zone was cancelled years ago ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back