Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant think of anything worse than having a 1st 11 with 8 being defensive minded, may as well bring Allardyce back and have done with it. by 8 I mean GK, back 5 and 2 CDMs because we cant play anything else in a 2 man CM. Only attacking players will be the front 3 and no players breaking from midfield..... Total ? formation and will not suit this side as proven, our worst results have us playing 5 our best playing a 4. Unless we are binning over 20 players and bringing in as many, which I can say with absolute certainty will not happen, it wont work.

@Neiler when does our rolling FFP thing finally look clearer?

I cant deal with another manager getting sacked for only having £1.7 million to spend I just cant.
If I may take the liberty and not being an expert, I have read previously that there are likely to be spending constraints this summer in the absence of a big transfer out. Whether its as tight as last season remains to be seen but sell to buy seems to be the general idea.

Every trend makes a come back at some point so I'm sure the sweeper will. But it's been basically dead for about 20 years.

Zinchenko has said plenty of times he's happy at City, never once has he said he wants to leave so I don't know who started all the transfer rumours. Unless Pep wants him out i really can't see him wanting to leave himself. He's winning trophies and content yet he's on the lowest salary of all our senior squad players.

And most players have been happy playing for us. David Silva And Aguero both did 10 years, Fernandinho has just left on 9. All three could have signed for any club they wanted to if they wanted to and they'd have gotten more money. Guardiola has been at City over 6 years and counting, he's said he's really happy at the club.

It was reported Gundogan was unhappy and wanted to leave recently, turned out to be a crock of sh!t that some nomark on Twitter started. He's another player under contract and going nowhere.

The redtop loving media hate us and try and destabilise us at every opportunity, jealousy i suppose.

Yeah but Silva, fernandinho and Aguerro where all key players mate, it's likely you'll buy a world class left back this summer, so I can see where at s certain point a squad player realizes that's all he will ever be and seeks being something more to a team.

If I may take the liberty and not being an expert, I have read previously that there are likely to be spending constraints this summer in the absence of a big transfer out. Whether its as tight as last season remains to be seen but sell to buy seems to be the general idea.

Brands has knackered us by not being able to move on players who could fetch us a decent profit on the books.

Holgate is a good example of a bang average bottom half PL defender on respectable wages and of the right age - any other club would be touting him around the yoyo clubs like Norwich, WBA, Fulham or a Nott Forest who are just coming up all with the parachute money burning a hole in their pockets.

£10-15 millions and its a decent profit on the accounts with him only costing £2 million when we signed him years ago but we seem incapable or unwilling to player trade.

Whereas the likes of Liverpool can flog an Ngog or Ibe for £15 millions.

I cant deal with another manager getting sacked for only having £1.7 million to spend I just cant.
This years accounts will close the 30th of this month, we will not know what they look like until Dec-Mar time but this will make up the 3 year FFP (PL Profit & Sustainability) calculation with the 18/19 losses of £111.8m figures dropping out.

18/19-£111.8m 19/20-£139.9m 20/21-£120.9m 21/22-£?m

As you can see from the above the last 3 years we have lost £372.6m, obviously we have no way of knowing how this years accounts looks but we have saved quite a bit of money with players on big wages leaving and not spending massively. But if we can break even this season losses will be down to £260.8m or better if we make profit.

Obviously we need to factor in the COVID losses and capitalised stadium costs in to them losses.

I think this could be the turn around season, releasing the players out of contract and on loan will save £100s of £1000s a week and I`m sure we can operate with a smaller squad that we have previously had, 22-25 is about right.

Brands has knackered us by not being able to move on players who could fetch us a decent profit on the books.

Holgate is a good example of a bang average bottom half PL defender on respectable wages and of the right age - any other club would be touting him around the yoyo clubs like Norwich, WBA, Fulham or a Nott Forest who are just coming up all with the parachute money burning a hole in their pockets.

£10-15 millions and its a decent profit on the accounts with him only costing £2 million when we signed him years ago but we seem incapable or unwilling to player trade.

Whereas the likes of Liverpool can flog an Ngog or Ibe for £15 millions.
Selling DCL would represent pure profit on the books but his appeal to other clubs may have diminished in light of his injuries.

It seems clear enough now that Richarlison will have to be sacrificed, and in that case, interest from Madrid is welcome if it ultimately inflates the fee.

It will undoubtedly be challenging. On the up side even 2 loan signings that proved to be decent are going to be infinitely better for a season than players who have done nothing for years.

One big sale + shifting out of non-contributing deadwood on contract expiry + the possibility (albeit remote) of shifting one or two more out + loans + frees - thats how its looking. I'd still see enough room there for maybe four or five new signings. Even in the case that Richy leaves, and provided the acquisitions are well thought-out, then we'd still be stronger as a whole. We are looking for the comfort of mid-table imo, nobody is asking Lampard to do anymore next season.

A few years to run yet mate.

Our position heading into next year is this will be the years assessed:

18/19 - 111 mill loss
19/20 - 139 mill loss
20/21 -120 mill loss *adujusted £47 million.
21/22 - 70/80 mill loss *projected.

* 19/20 & 20/21 are averages - due to Covid and Covid losses can be adjusted so aren't as bad as meets the eye. Due to Covid the rules permit the deduction of crystallised losses – ie costs incurred or revenue lost as a direct result of Covid restrictions. For Everton, as published in the audited accounts, this resulted in Covid related losses of £82.1m for the two year period, so you work out the average - £82 million, so the average is £129 mill - 82 million and we are arguing our 19/20 & 20/21 our loss is £47 million - this is why Burnley and Leeds were annoyed.

The year that moves out of the cycle is 17/18 where we made a 13 mill loss - it was one of our better loss making year, so arguabley our current situation is worse than last year.

For this year 21/22 - i think we are going to argue we had another 50 mill Covid loss, while if we sold Kean before July for about 25 million - we would likely not make a loss - if all came to pass. Presently we are still in the same financial year as last summers transfer window, so we have no funds. Its why i say i doubt we will see anyone until July unless there is a big out like - Richarilsion. Its very likely much of what we get for Kean and Richarilsion will cover our losses rather then being net profit for transfers.

July is the start of the new financial year, so we have scope to do a bit, but we will be player trading, i think on transfers. A concern next year we are down 40 million on income in commercial deals and prize money - so there is one big transfer fee, or new players wage for a year. In the new financial year, we can take a few risks as we have this summer and the winter window to sell players if we need to - that will give us a bit of scope then we have at the movement. The Rishcharilson sale is likely a necessity rather than a choice and I'm not sure all of his fee will be used to invest in the squad to be honest.

To answer your question mate, if we could break even in this financial year it would be huge, but we are probably budgeting hard until we get the 111 mill in 18/19 of the cycle, presuming from this financial year and next we are going to break even. Some things will help, a big sale will reduce losses, players leaving, will reduce wages and ammortiation, while Bramley Moore when we move should be enabling. We will be wheeling and dealing, though with a strict budget for a couple of years to my mind, probably enabled through a few big sales.

Just my take though, lads will have their own.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back