Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got sacked because he was rubbish, had our worst run of form since the PL was formed and was completely the wrong fit.

He didn’t get sacked for having £1.7 mill to spend. I think it’s obvious why he was sacked. Poison, inside and out. It was a bad fit, he never should have been appointed.

Not going over old ground but we had a crap squad and couldn't improve it. Lampard also had bad results until the Spirit of The Blues lifted the place.

If Lampard is only given £1.7 million this summer then dont be naive to think he'll be here come the seasons end.

@Saint Domingo

I don't really know what position he's meant to be.

Thats been his problem, seen as too small to play centre back....and not trusted to play Centre mid too often...not many 18-20 year olds get played in centre mid for a huge run of games.

Defensive midfield looks to be the one for me.

He did have a few injury issues prev years, but last season he looked clear of them.

Contract ends this month.

Would not be againts these type of signigs, and trust them for while.

He will have something to prove in the prem.

Zinchenko has said plenty of times he's happy at City, never once has he said he wants to leave so I don't know who started all the transfer rumours. Unless Pep wants him out i really can't see him wanting to leave himself. He's winning trophies and content yet he's on the lowest salary of all our senior squad players.

And most players have been happy playing for us. David Silva And Aguero both did 10 years, Fernandinho has just left on 9. All three could have signed for any club they wanted to if they wanted to and they'd have gotten more money. Guardiola has been at City over 6 years and counting, he's said he's really happy at the club.

It was reported Gundogan was unhappy and wanted to leave recently, turned out to be a crock of sh!t that some nomark on Twitter started. He's another player under contract and going nowhere.

The redtop loving media hate us and try and destabilise us at every opportunity, jealousy i suppose.

You've done really well with those players as well mate. For all of City just buying success, the reality is it has come from buying players and giving them time. Yes at times paying big fees, but actually giving them time to settle.

I look at that Rodri, and he was one people took a gasp at when the fee was announced, but has again shown what a player he is. He will be another that probably does 10+ years with City.

Deep down though, you know Zinchenko isnt at that level. Hes a really good player, and would walk into our team but hes probably that rung below. I suspect he may want to be playing regularly mate. Similar to Delph, and indeed Barry who moved.

Thats been his problem, seen as too small to play centre back....and not trusted to play Centre mid too often...not many 18-20 year olds get played in centre mid for a huge run of games.

Defensive midfield looks to be the one for me.

He did have a few injury issues prev years, but last season he looked clear of them.

Contract ends this month.

Would not be againts these type of signigs, and trust them for while.

He will have something to prove in the prem.

Contract expires 2024 with Chelsea mate.

A few years to run yet mate.

Our position heading into next year is this will be the years assessed:

18/19 - 111 mill loss
19/20 - 139 mill loss
20/21 -120 mill loss *adujusted £47 million.
21/22 - 70/80 mill loss *projected.

* 19/20 & 20/21 are averages - due to Covid and Covid losses can be adjusted so aren't as bad as meets the eye. Due to Covid the rules permit the deduction of crystallised losses – ie costs incurred or revenue lost as a direct result of Covid restrictions. For Everton, as published in the audited accounts, this resulted in Covid related losses of £82.1m for the two year period, so you work out the average - £82 million, so the average is £129 mill - 82 million and we are arguing our 19/20 & 20/21 our loss is £47 million - this is why Burnley and Leeds were annoyed.

The year that moves out of the cycle is 17/18 where we made a 13 mill loss - it was one of our better loss making year, so arguabley our current situation is worse than last year.

For this year 21/22 - i think we are going to argue we had another 50 mill Covid loss, while if we sold Kean before July for about 25 million - we would likely not make a loss - if all came to pass. Presently we are still in the same financial year as last summers transfer window, so we have no funds. Its why i say i doubt we will see anyone until July unless there is a big out like - Richarilsion. Its very likely much of what we get for Kean and Richarilsion will cover our losses rather then being net profit for transfers.

July is the start of the new financial year, so we have scope to do a bit, but we will be player trading, i think on transfers. A concern next year we are down 40 million on income in commercial deals and prize money - so there is one big transfer fee, or new players wage for a year. In the new financial year, we can take a few risks as we have this summer and the winter window to sell players if we need to - that will give us a bit of scope then we have at the movement. The Rishcharilson sale is likely a necessity rather than a choice and I'm not sure all of his fee will be used to invest in the squad to be honest.

To answer your question mate, if we could break even in this financial year it would be huge, but we are probably budgeting hard until we get the 111 mill in 18/19 of the cycle, presuming from this financial year and next we are going to break even. Some things will help, a big sale will reduce losses, players leaving, will reduce wages and ammortiation, while Bramley Moore when we move should be enabling. We will be wheeling and dealing, though with a strict budget for a couple of years to my mind, probably enabled through a few big sales.

Just my take though, lads will have their

A few years to run yet mate.

Our position heading into next year is this will be the years assessed:

18/19 - 111 mill loss
19/20 - 139 mill loss
20/21 -120 mill loss *adujusted £47 million.
21/22 - 70/80 mill loss *projected.

* 19/20 & 20/21 are averages - due to Covid and Covid losses can be adjusted so aren't as bad as meets the eye. Due to Covid the rules permit the deduction of crystallised losses – ie costs incurred or revenue lost as a direct result of Covid restrictions. For Everton, as published in the audited accounts, this resulted in Covid related losses of £82.1m for the two year period, so you work out the average - £82 million, so the average is £129 mill - 82 million and we are arguing our 19/20 & 20/21 our loss is £47 million - this is why Burnley and Leeds were annoyed.

The year that moves out of the cycle is 17/18 where we made a 13 mill loss - it was one of our better loss making year, so arguabley our current situation is worse than last year.

For this year 21/22 - i think we are going to argue we had another 50 mill Covid loss, while if we sold Kean before July for about 25 million - we would likely not make a loss - if all came to pass. Presently we are still in the same financial year as last summers transfer window, so we have no funds. Its why i say i doubt we will see anyone until July unless there is a big out like - Richarilsion. Its very likely much of what we get for Kean and Richarilsion will cover our losses rather then being net profit for transfers.

July is the start of the new financial year, so we have scope to do a bit, but we will be player trading, i think on transfers. A concern next year we are down 40 million on income in commercial deals and prize money - so there is one big transfer fee, or new players wage for a year. In the new financial year, we can take a few risks as we have this summer and the winter window to sell players if we need to - that will give us a bit of scope then we have at the movement. The Rishcharilson sale is likely a necessity rather than a choice and I'm not sure all of his fee will be used to invest in the squad to be honest.

To answer your question mate, if we could break even in this financial year it would be huge, but we are probably budgeting hard until we get the 111 mill in 18/19 of the cycle, presuming from this financial year and next we are going to break even. Some things will help, a big sale will reduce losses, players leaving, will reduce wages and ammortiation, while Bramley Moore when we move should be enabling. We will be wheeling and dealing, though with a strict budget for a couple of years to my mind, probably enabled through a few big sales.

Just my take though, lads will have their own.

It looks like next year is a big one to get off the books. We lose 111m and may be in a situation with some wage prooning of losing maybe 60m so have some wriggle room.

Reading between the lines, if we can bring in 50m in transfer profits, and potentially write down some losses like we did last year, that should help.

I know the Esk has said 78m loss last year, but that is before transfers, which may show a profit with the Digne sale?

Yeah but Silva, fernandinho and Aguerro where all key players mate, it's likely you'll buy a world class left back this summer, so I can see where at s certain point a squad player realizes that's all he will ever be and seeks being something more to a team.
Rumour is that we're "very close" to buying Cucurella from Brighton which will still leave Zinchenko in the same position he is now as back up.

I know it’s been mentioned in jest (I think), but the sweeper role would never work in the current PL.

Nearly every team has pace to burn (apart from us it seems). Teams would be scoring for fun if they had one man playing everyone onside as the ball gets played in behind.

The reds and city would score about 10 a game.

The link has come out of the media, maybe this is the point....could be an agent link to push for a new deal..... he only has 2 years left doesn't he ??!!

I really like him, and looks like everyone at City does too, so the leaving links dont seem right to me, but who knows.

Every time I have watched City, he has been decent at the very elast, excellent player that does his job and does not rock the boat, every top side needs these lads.

Its why im excited we have been linked to him.
Yes, his contract expires June 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back