Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've done really well with those players as well mate. For all of City just buying success, the reality is it has come from buying players and giving them time. Yes at times paying big fees, but actually giving them time to settle.

I look at that Rodri, and he was one people took a gasp at when the fee was announced, but has again shown what a player he is. He will be another that probably does 10+ years with City.

Deep down though, you know Zinchenko isnt at that level. Hes a really good player, and would walk into our team but hes probably that rung below. I suspect he may want to be playing regularly mate. Similar to Delph, and indeed Barry who moved.
I think some players joined us thinking we're a stepping stone to one of the European big boys, Sterling i think wants out to Madrid, fair enough as he's just going through the motions, so best for him and us if he moves on.

We have bought success, no denying it but who isn't trying to buy success? It's impossible to win anything without buying top players. United have spent as much as us yet look at their squad and how they play. Big egos without any unity and harmony in the team.

What City are trying to do nowadays is integrate our own youngsters into the first team without it much affecting the quality, not easy but Foden has thrived and one of our main players now, Cole Palmer will be next to step up next season.

As for Rodri, at first he was far too slow and clumsy looking, didn't think he had the quality to succeed Fernandinho but he really blossomed last season largely due to ferno mentoring him on the training pitch i think. He certainly is bossing it now.

It looks like next year is a big one to get off the books. We lose 111m and may be in a situation with some wage prooning of losing maybe 60m so have some wriggle room.

Reading between the lines, if we can bring in 50m in transfer profits, and potentially write down some losses like we did last year, that should help.

I know the Esk has said 78m loss last year, but that is before transfers, which may show a profit with the Digne sale?

Not sure on how Paul is working it out mate, i think the 70-80 loss mill projected loss is including player trading thus far, but we are all projecting as the year doesn't end until the end of June. There may be some write down on BMD as well.

Our wages and amortisation overall should be down particularly with Jamo and Bernard of the books and the loss of the likes of Bolaise, Walcott, Besic etc. Though we did speculate a bit particularly in Jan picking up VDB and Alli via an increase of 200k to the wage bill. While pruning will help, not to the great extent that some think - our losses are significant and the causes are a reoccurring. While on player trading if we have made a profit on fees it will be marginal compared to incomings.

111 million will be a nice one to leave the cycle, but we will have to grin and bear it for the year and hope we come in compliant this summer to July, we would have a breathing space then.

Last edited:
Zabarnyi and Tsyganov are the main ones to get from that list.
Perhaps. If we were actually going to purchase though, I really think we should look at Mudryk.

He will be much cheaper I'm sure and his pace and dribbling ability is so exciting. He needs to work on his all-round game but he has the potential to be a real star.

Not going over old ground but we had a crap squad and couldn't improve it. Lampard also had bad results until the Spirit of The Blues lifted the place.

If Lampard is only given £1.7 million this summer then dont be naive to think he'll be here come the seasons end.

@Saint Domingo
100% - its a divisive argument - if we cant improve the squad, Lamps wont be here - and more to the point, neither will we.. champs here we come. There's no naivety here, its of utmost importance we move on from the debacle that was Benitez, will we? is the real question.

Not going over old ground but we had a crap squad and couldn't improve it. Lampard also had bad results until the Spirit of The Blues lifted the place.

If Lampard is only given £1.7 million this summer then dont be naive to think he'll be here come the seasons end.

@Saint Domingo

If the board doesn’t back Lampard, and then we have injuries to our best players all season again, then it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that we will be in a relegation battle again. 1.7 mill was utterly ridiculous especially with James Kean Bernard Siggurdson all being unavailable from the squad the season before. They had to leave, but they should have been replaced and they weren’t.

I've read Coleman and QB role so far. Let's just get basics right before we go full on nut job. Remember a few years back Baines was being touted in the Lahm role. Know the limitations of your squad.

Coleman can’t kick a football properly so I didn’t know who is going on about him a qb role. He should be in an ambassadors role of the pitch after his retirement.

If the DOF is ultra pro 352 / 3 at the back then it makes perfect sense to adopt the formation.

Why? Because at least theres a clear direction on the style of play and 4 at the back hasnt been a success for the last decade or so.

I welcome it.
If it leads to joined-up thinking in recruitment, it may well turn out to be a success.

If the DOF is ultra pro 352 / 3 at the back then it makes perfect sense to adopt the formation.

Why? Because at least theres a clear direction on the style of play and 4 at the back hasnt been a success for the last decade or so.

I welcome it.

Got get Kim at ze back.

It would appear the clubs approach to recruitment v playing style is way off yet again.... If he is set on 5-4-1/3-4-3 (Yet we hammered Rafael for being negative) then Dele Alli is a massive waste of money, I know we haven`t paid for him but his wages wont be insignificant. Van De Beek didnt fit that system yet we paid in excess of £100k a week (Above £2.6m plus a loan fee).

Patterson, Mykolenko and El Ghazi were the only players brought in to play that system (And we thought our owner didnt know anything). With signings it would appear Moshiri beats Lampard, Frank wants to play the 3 at the back, how many players did he sign? 2 VDB and Alli, how many fit the system 0 (Zero). Moshiri signed El Ghazi, 1 signing who does fit Franks system.

Looking at our midfielders, who can play that 2, I`d say Delph so he needs a new contract. Allan, Doucoure, Davies, Gomes or Iwobi (CM was where he was best and will revert to RWB) have all proven they cant so all need to go.....

If we get Connor Gallagher that is another wasted transfer and yet more wasted money as he doesn`t fit the set out formation.

Who fits the 4-3-3, everyone we have and everyone we are linked with.

If the board doesn’t back Lampard, and then we have injuries to our best players all season again, then it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that we will be in a relegation battle again. 1.7 mill was utterly ridiculous especially with James Kean Bernard Siggurdson all being unavailable from the squad the season before. They had to leave, but they should have been replaced and they weren’t.

We have to hope Mosh Man can hoodwink the PL one final time for last years accounts.

I know we finished 16th but I just cant see how we supposedly lost £70-80 millions when you factor in Digne/Benard/James/Bolasies wages gone and a profit on the books from Dignes sale.

Hopefully we can offset as much of that as possible to the Stadium/BMD.

We need to be able to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back