Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think City have bought success in the way its meant. Your most successful period has not come when you've outspent most of your opponents. Its come when you have put stability in at all aspects of the club, including manager.

City have has what 3 managers in 12 years under this regime. They have given people time. People often talk about Chelsea and their method working, but I actually think City show how much further it could have worked, had they shown that stability.

What is it, 6 leagues know 10 years, 4 in the last 5. It's an incredible run.
Well said, but they get no credit for it! always the narrative that they bought it as if none of the top clubs spend a lot
Utd have spent more than them in the last 10 years and they're worse than city's b-team
takes a lot more than money imo

We have to hope Mosh Man can hoodwink the PL one final time for last years accounts.

I know we finished 16th but I just cant see how we supposedly lost £70-80 millions when you factor in Digne/Benard/James/Bolasies wages gone and a profit on the books from Dignes sale.

Hopefully we can offset as much of that as possible to the Stadium/BMD.

We need to be able to spend.

Hopefully someone at the club has the good sense to create some head room by slashing the dross. Something that could have happened last summer or in January if we had a manager in place for either.

Tosun Siggurdson Kean Delph Gbamin Kenny all need to go as par for the course

I’d look to move out Coleman Keane Davies just on the grounds of not being good enough at all.

Then I think there’s decisions to be made on Allan Doucoure Iwobi Mina

Finally one of DCL or Richarlison is probably going

I can’t believe shifting most of this lot wouldn’t free up a significant amount of wiggle room. We just need to start being ruthless.

If anyone gives Kenny or Delph a contract extension I’ll know we’re not serious about learning the lessons of the last 5 years.

Hopefully someone at the club has the good sense to create some head room by slashing the dross. Something that could have happened last summer or in January if we had a manager in place for either.

Tosun Siggurdson Kean Delph Gbamin Kenny all need to go as par for the course

I’d look to move out Coleman Keane Davies just on the grounds of not being good enough at all.

Then I think there’s decisions to be made on Allan Doucoure Iwobi Mina

Finally one of DCL or Richarlison is probably going

I can’t believe shifting most of this lot wouldn’t free up a significant amount of wiggle room. We just need to start being ruthless.

If anyone gives Kenny or Delph a contract extension I’ll know we’re not serious about learning the lessons of the last 5 years.

Delph/Kenny/Toshun look off which is good.

I would personally be offloading Mina as he's no good use being a glorified 100k a week mascot from the treatment room. Also sell Holgate as would be a good profit on the books and bring in 2x CB's - Tarkowski on a free to replace Mina and someone to fit 3 at the back if thats how we are going to play - the Korean lad Big Kim from Turkey for a reasonable fee would fit the bill.

Offload Gbamin, Kean, Townie for fees with Slomes booted oot on loan and bring in a CDM + RW (for me Cornet at £17.5 million is a potential bargain).

Then if Richarlison goes for a large fee (£75-85 millions) bring in another 1-2 top quality players whilst covering any losses.

Easier said than done but there is a way in balancing the books if we are smart in the market in the short term.

We didnt spend a lot, and have got money off the wage bill.

I maintain a 50m profit would be helpful this summer. Not sure is Kean would count this summer. Still think we might make 2 big sales.

If we bring in 100m in sales, by my reasoning we can add 50m in fees, but if spread over 3 years, allows us to spend 150m.

But we aren't starting at ground zero mate. we're starting with the position of managing next season with 70/80 mill deficit this year - potentially and 40 mill pound reduction in income next financial year.

If for argument sake, we sold Kean before July, we're just knocking 25 mill approx of a 70/80 projected loss as opposed to adding it to a transfer war chest. A lot of ifs and buts i know as we are projecting. Our difficulty isnt fees, its reoccurring annual costs, wages, amortisation and to an extent manger compo (again that will be a cost this year) - year in year out this is why we are posting losses. We are at the point that transfer fees for outs are coving these losses. To be honest the bit of hope we have are capitalised cost for BMD and Covid - which are subjective and hard to project. So they could be write-downs that are very hard to project as aren't predictable, so they could offer scope for compliance this year and flexibility heading into July.

In a way you are right, adding players can be incremental in terms of costs.

If we sign someone like Gomes in year one here's the cost annually for five years, his overall fee is 23.5 mill as a starting point:

Annual wage: 5.8 mill
Amortisation: 4.7 mill
Annual cost to accounts per year: 10.5 mill a year - for five years.

So that would be an example of the cost annually of signing someone for just north of 20 million.

Lets take Iwobi at 34 mill (addons are included) :

Annual wage: 4.16 mill
Amortisation: 6.8 mill
Annual cost to the accounts: 10.96 million a year for five years.

So essentially signing a player for mid 20 -30 mill + adds 10 million + a year on to our losses.. Say we sign Lewis Potter from Hull for 20 million, these are the type of sums we are looking at albeit as a youngster he may be on a slightly reduced wage - that signing alone at those figures could incur a cost of 10 mill next year. You can see how the losses quickly add up year on year.

Last edited:

If the board doesn’t back Lampard, and then we have injuries to our best players all season again, then it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that we will be in a relegation battle again. 1.7 mill was utterly ridiculous especially with James Kean Bernard Siggurdson all being unavailable from the squad the season before. They had to leave, but they should have been replaced and they weren’t.
100% agree. The issue was we replaced them with Begovic, Longeran, Gray, Rondon, & Townsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back