Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some players joined us thinking we're a stepping stone to one of the European big boys, Sterling i think wants out to Madrid, fair enough as he's just going through the motions, so best for him and us if he moves on.

We have bought success, no denying it but who isn't trying to buy success? It's impossible to win anything without buying top players. United have spent as much as us yet look at their squad and how they play. Big egos without any unity and harmony in the team.

What City are trying to do nowadays is integrate our own youngsters into the first team without it much affecting the quality, not easy but Foden has thrived and one of our main players now, Cole Palmer will be next to step up next season.

As for Rodri, at first he was far too slow and clumsy looking, didn't think he had the quality to succeed Fernandinho but he really blossomed last season largely due to ferno mentoring him on the training pitch i think. He certainly is bossing it now.

I dont think City have bought success in the way its meant. Your most successful period has not come when you've outspent most of your opponents. Its come when you have put stability in at all aspects of the club, including manager.

City have has what 3 managers in 12 years under this regime. They have given people time. People often talk about Chelsea and their method working, but I actually think City show how much further it could have worked, had they shown that stability.

What is it, 6 leagues know 10 years, 4 in the last 5. It's an incredible run.

It would appear the clubs approach to recruitment v playing style is way off yet again.... If he is set on 5-4-1/3-4-3
Who says we're set on this? It was certainly a means to an end considering how we were playing and the players we had available at the time.

I think we'll see a different setup come August once there's players out of the door, new acquisitions and they've had pre-season to set out their stall.

I think some players joined us thinking we're a stepping stone to one of the European big boys, Sterling i think wants out to Madrid, fair enough as he's just going through the motions, so best for him and us if he moves on.

We have bought success, no denying it but who isn't trying to buy success? It's impossible to win anything without buying top players. United have spent as much as us yet look at their squad and how they play. Big egos without any unity and harmony in the team.

What City are trying to do nowadays is integrate our own youngsters into the first team without it much affecting the quality, not easy but Foden has thrived and one of our main players now, Cole Palmer will be next to step up next season.

As for Rodri, at first he was far too slow and clumsy looking, didn't think he had the quality to succeed Fernandinho but he really blossomed last season largely due to ferno mentoring him on the training pitch i think. He certainly is bossing it now.
The kid needs a loan to Everton is what he needs, make it happen!

@Zatara
What’s wow about that?

You'd have Keane anywhere near the squad.

Thats the "experience" you'd want in the team...an absolute one dimensional bomb scare in defence.

Frightening...if hes here next season it will be a failure.

Perhaps. If we were actually going to purchase though, I really think we should look at Mudryk.

He will be much cheaper I'm sure and his pace and dribbling ability is so exciting. He needs to work on his all-round game but he has the potential to be a real star.
There was a Ukrainian poster here when we signed Myko. He said Mudryk was Neymar lite.

Zabarnyi has the potential to be elite and Tsyganov is Ukraine's best player.

Obviously id take Zinchenko as well.

Not sure on how Paul is working it out mate, i think the 70-80 loss mill projected loss is including player trading thus far, but we are all projecting as the year doesn't end until the end of June. There may be some write down on BMD as well.

Our wages and amortisation overall should be down particularly with Jamo and Bernard of the books and the loss of the likes of Bolaise, Walcott, Besic etc. Though we did speculate a bit particularly in Jan picking up VDB and Alli via an increase of 200k to the wage bill. While pruning will help, not to the great extent that some think - our losses are significant and the causes are a reoccurring. While on player trading if we have made a profit on fees it will be marginal compared to incomings.

111 million will be a nice one to leave the cycle, but we will have to grin and bear it for the year and hope we come in compliant this summer to July, we would have a breathing space then.

We didnt spend a lot, and have got money off the wage bill.

I maintain a 50m profit would be helpful this summer. Not sure is Kean would count this summer. Still think we might make 2 big sales.

If we bring in 100m in sales, by my reasoning we can add 50m in fees, but if spread over 3 years, allows us to spend 150m.

Just on Cole Palmer, what sort of player is he? Any chance you would consider a loan to Everton.

We didnt spend a lot, and have got money off the wage bill.

I maintain a 50m profit would be helpful this summer. Not sure is Kean would count this summer. Still think we might make 2 big sales.

If we bring in 100m in sales, by my reasoning we can add 50m in fees, but if spread over 3 years, allows us to spend 150m.
I'm not an expert on the financial regulations and whatnot, but I've been told that we need to counteract an overspend per the regulations of close to £50m.

I have a feeling that we'll have to sell a key player, we will invest some of this, but we will be looking at making a profit in terms of net spend.

Not sure on how Paul is working it out mate, i think the 70-80 loss mill projected loss is including player trading thus far, but we are all projecting as the year doesn't end until the end of June. There may be some write down on BMD as well.

Our wages and amortisation overall should be down particularly with Jamo and Bernard of the books and the loss of the likes of Bolaise, Walcott, Besic etc. Though we did speculate a bit particularly in Jan picking up VDB and Alli via an increase of 200k to the wage bill. While pruning will help, not to the great extent that some think - our losses are significant and the causes are a reoccurring. While on player trading if we have made a profit on fees it will be marginal compared to incomings.

111 million will be a nice one to leave the cycle, but we will have to grin and bear it for the year and hope we come in compliant this summer to July, we would have a breathing space then.

Im sure Paddy Boyland tweeted after the Covid losses/BMD were taken into account for the past 3 years we've **technically** lost £85 million with the cut off being £105 million.

If thats true does that mean if we can convince the PL that BMD/Covid have made much of the upcoming years £70-80 million losses up that we should be alright?

Its all very confusing mate.

I'm not an expert on the financial regulations and whatnot, but I've been told that we need to counteract an overspend per the regulations of close to £50m.

I have a feeling that we'll have to sell a key player, we will invest some of this, but we will be looking at making a profit in terms of net spend.

Is that 50m with or without wages mate? My very crude numbers have it at similar.

Is that 50m with or without wages mate? My very crude numbers have it at similar.
I'd say including but that's more of an assumption based on conversations rather than a definite yes it does.

As part of the cycle of profit and loss, it may not need to be generated right now, but I do presume that the years of making losses will have to stop.

Im sure Paddy Boyland tweeted after the Covid losses/BMD were taken into account for the past 3 years we've **technically** lost £85 million with the cut off being £105 million.

If thats true does that mean if we can convince the PL that BMD/Covid have made much of the upcoming years £70-80 million losses up that we should be alright?

Yes those figures are what's in the book. But unless we can get agreement for write offs, we have to work from the "actual" numbers. So there is a lot of moving parts.

It is for me too,but likely because I can't be arsed even looking into it. I can see why the regulations are there though to stop clubs buying success without having a sound business model. But surely they should look at it on a club by club basis. Do they really think we set out to spend a fortune to get into a relegation battle?

Got get Kim at ze back.

Rumours that hes coming over to meet us and Spurs.

It would appear the clubs approach to recruitment v playing style is way off yet again.... If he is set on 5-4-1/3-4-3 (Yet we hammered Rafael for being negative) then Dele Alli is a massive waste of money, I know we haven`t paid for him but his wages wont be insignificant. Van De Beek didnt fit that system yet we paid in excess of £100k a week (Above £2.6m plus a loan fee).

Patterson, Mykolenko and El Ghazi were the only players brought in to play that system (And we thought our owner didnt know anything). With signings it would appear Moshiri beats Lampard, Frank wants to play the 3 at the back, how many players did he sign? 2 VDB and Alli, how many fit the system 0 (Zero). Moshiri signed El Ghazi, 1 signing who does fit Franks system.

Looking at our midfielders, who can play that 2, I`d say Delph so he needs a new contract. Allan, Doucoure, Davies, Gomes or Iwobi (CM was where he was best and will revert to RWB) have all proven they cant so all need to go.....

If we get Connor Gallagher that is another wasted transfer and yet more wasted money as he doesn`t fit the set out formation.

Who fits the 4-3-3, everyone we have and everyone we are linked with.

Just your first sentence is mental lol

It would appear the clubs approach to recruitment v playing style is way off yet again....

--This analysis for no business done.

The second isnt bad either lol

If he is set on 5-4-1/3-4-3 (Yet we hammered Rafael for being negative) then Dele Alli is a massive waste of money, I know we haven`t paid for him but his wages wont be insignificant.

You dont seem to understand that any formation can be 'attacking' or 'defensive'.

You've then sliced a player who has barely played and when he has was part of critical moments. He's easily able to play in both those formations you mention....and more.

You the say Delph "needs a new contract" which is disturbing.

Then you list a bunch of players who dont fit your imaginary style and call for all of them to go.

Finally, WTF is this???

Who fits the 4-3-3, everyone we have and everyone we are linked with.

What nonsense is that lol

I'd say including but that's more of an assumption based on conversations rather than a definite yes it does.

As part of the cycle of profit and loss, it may not need to be generated right now, but I do presume that the years of making losses will have to stop.

I see. That's useful. So 50m for wages and fees. We have brought 20m in terms of wages from those released by all accounts. Obviously some of that will need to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back