Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to hope Mosh Man can hoodwink the PL one final time for last years accounts.

I know we finished 16th but I just cant see how we supposedly lost £70-80 millions when you factor in Digne/Benard/James/Bolasies wages gone and a profit on the books from Dignes sale.

Hopefully we can offset as much of that as possible to the Stadium/BMD.

We need to be able to spend.

The issue is mate, the core business loses money. The wage bill is nearly 90% of it's turnover. We have obviously trimmed it a fair bit last summer, and further this summer. That's before any transfers come in. Depending on how deals were structured, we would probably have broken even last year on that.

Essentially we need to be buying, but crucially selling a lot more. That generates accounting profits and helps subsidise the wage bill.

Despite me mentioning Myko possibly going CB in a 3 (because of the Rennes left back link)....hes got endleds energy at LWB.

It also suits Patterson, Holgate and Godfrey while offers more chances for Branthwaite..

If its United then surely were talking £75mil-85mil similar to Richarlison.

Neres got a bad injury at Ajax.

Zabarnyi and Tsyganov are the main ones to get from that list.
Shocking analysis from you mate, expect better to be honest. You’re usually quite good.

We definitely don’t have players that suit a 3 at the back. Paterson has the profile to play wingback. Myko will have to show a lot, lot more going forward in general play than we’ve seen. A solid left back but hardly a dynamic attacking wing back with quality delivery - Digne’s quality going forward was far better.

None of our midfield have proven to be either mobile enough or good enough on the ball to effectively play in a two. The defence get left complete exposed and the front thee are left isolated with the support miles behind them.

It’s an attacking formation when you have the better players and control the ball to move up the pitch. If you don’t then, well, you’ve surely seen what happens. Midfield get outnumbered, wingbacks end up forming a back 5, huge gap between midfield and front 3 who get isolated and balls hoofed up to them.

The other issue is when we do get pushed back it means the back three end up defending the penalty box and players like Godfrey and Holgate who are extremely weak in the air and positionally get targeted.

Who says we're set on this? It was certainly a means to an end considering how we were playing and the players we had available at the time.

I think we'll see a different setup come August once there's players out of the door, new acquisitions and they've had pre-season to set out their stall.
I`ve heard rumblings that the teams around Finch Farm are all being set up to go in that direction to follow the 1st team, not just from one source and yet again confirmed on here today.... Literally will be gone by xmas as this is exactly EXACTLY what Benitez did.

3-4-3
Newcastle (a) L 3-1
Wolves (h) L 0-1
Watford (a) D 0-0
Crystal Palace 1st 45 (h) L 0-2
Chelsea (h) W 1-0
Leicester (a) W 1-2
Brentford (h) L 3-2
Arsenal (a) L 1-5
= W2 D1 L4.5 Points 7 Scored 7 Conceded 15
Points per game: 0.93
Goals per game: 0.93
Goals conceded per game: 2

4-3-3
Man City (h) L 0-1
Spurs (a) L 5-0
West Ham (a) L 2-1
Man Utd (h) W 1-0
Burnley (a) L 3-2
Crystal Palace 2nd 45 (h) W 3-0
Liverpool (a) L 1-0
= W1.5 D0 L5 Points 6 Scored 7 Conceded 12
Points per game: 0.92
Goals per game: 1.08
Goals conceded per game: 1.85

4-2-3-1/4-4-2
Leeds (h) W 3-0
Southampton (a) L2-0
Newcastle (h) W 1-0
Leicester (h) D 1-1
= W2 D1 L1 Points 7 Scored 5 Conceded 3
Points per game: 1.75
Goals per game: 1.25
Goals conceded per game: 0.75

4-2-3-1/4-3-3 combined, which I think we should be going towards....
=W3.5 D1 L6 Points 12 Scored 12 Conceded 15
Points per game: 1.14
Goals per game: 1.14
Goals conceded per game: 1.43

Just the stats.........

Read a really good article by Esko detailing likely spends this summer, will be determined by sales mostly. A first summer window is usually defining for a Manager or DOF but to have them both having their first summer and having to generate funds it’s gonna be a very good indicator of their quality n
All the more reason to withhold judgement and give them both time. If they manage a good window it would definitely be impressive

I`ve heard rumblings that the teams around Finch Farm are all being set up to go in that direction to follow the 1st team, not just from one source and yet again confirmed on here today.... Literally will be gone by xmas as this is exactly EXACTLY what Benitez did.

3-4-3
Newcastle (a) L 3-1
Wolves (h) L 0-1
Watford (a) D 0-0
Crystal Palace 1st 45 (h) L 0-2
Chelsea (h) W 1-0
Leicester (a) W 1-2
Brentford (h) L 3-2
Arsenal (a) L 1-5
= W2 D1 L4.5 Points 7 Scored 7 Conceded 15
Points per game: 0.93
Goals per game: 0.93
Goals conceded per game: 2

4-3-3
Man City (h) L 0-1
Spurs (a) L 5-0
West Ham (a) L 2-1
Man Utd (h) W 1-0
Burnley (a) L 3-2
Crystal Palace 2nd 45 (h) W 3-0
Liverpool (a) L 1-0
= W1.5 D0 L5 Points 6 Scored 7 Conceded 12
Points per game: 0.92
Goals per game: 1.08
Goals conceded per game: 1.85

4-2-3-1/4-4-2
Leeds (h) W 3-0
Southampton (a) L2-0
Newcastle (h) W 1-0
Leicester (h) D 1-1
= W2 D1 L1 Points 7 Scored 5 Conceded 3
Points per game: 1.75
Goals per game: 1.25
Goals conceded per game: 0.75

4-2-3-1/4-3-3 combined, which I think we should be going towards....
=W3.5 D1 L6 Points 12 Scored 12 Conceded 15
Points per game: 1.14
Goals per game: 1.14
Goals conceded per game: 1.43

Just the stats.........

We were shipping goals versus Palace and Spurs after that he went more towards a compact 343, I don't see us sticking to any one formation although if we had a good CB partnership and midfield we may see more 433

All the more reason to withhold judgement and give them both time. If they manage a good window it would definitely be impressive
They’ve both got an advantage right now with perhaps the most patient unified Everton fanbase with low expectations that there’s been in a generation. Obvs it won’t last as we craze but that should give them a little time and less hysteria to ride.

Rumours that hes coming over to meet us and Spurs.

Just your first sentence is mental lol

It would appear the clubs approach to recruitment v playing style is way off yet again....

--This analysis for no business done.

The second isnt bad either lol

If he is set on 5-4-1/3-4-3 (Yet we hammered Rafael for being negative) then Dele Alli is a massive waste of money, I know we haven`t paid for him but his wages wont be insignificant.

You dont seem to understand that any formation can be 'attacking' or 'defensive'.

You've then sliced a player who has barely played and when he has was part of critical moments. He's easily able to play in both those formations you mention....and more.

You the say Delph "needs a new contract" which is disturbing.

Then you list a bunch of players who dont fit your imaginary style and call for all of them to go.

Finally, WTF is this???

Who fits the 4-3-3, everyone we have and everyone we are linked with.

What nonsense is that lol
The business done in January, why if Frank is set on his style would he bring in 2 players that dont fit it in VDB and Alli for big wages?

I understand that formation can be attacking and defensive BUT how do we score goals when the only central players are 2 CM that cant get forward and 1 striker! Everyone is out wide and no one in the danger area going forward, if against a 4-3-3 you will have a back 5 as the WBs will be pinned and out numbered in CM in every game.

Delph is the only CM capable of playing 3-4-3, the players I list do not as proven. Have a look at the stats regarding the 3-4-3 v 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, it is plainly obvious IF, I say again IF we continue down the 3 at the back route we will be stuck with a prohibitive system that teams rarely over-achieve with unless you are chucking top level elite players at it.

Moyes over achieved for years using 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 system and still does with West Ham, I`m sorry I don`t except West Ham have far better players than us.

Look at how we do with these formations then look at who uses them and where the ceiling is, we wont ever be successful using the 3/5 at the back but once you go far enough down that route it will be hard to come back from when the new manager comes in and wants a back 4.

We were shipping goals versus Palace and Spurs after that he went more towards a 343 I don't see us sticking to any one formation although if we had a good CB partnership and midfield we may see more 433
I don't know what main formation I want us to play. I like Chelsea's style but have we the personel to pull it off?!
We got smashed in a few with 4 atb like you say but we also switched to that v palace for the comeback which no doubt adrenalin played a part in too
I guess it depends on the quality and quantity of CB or MF we have by the end of the window, but I do like the idea of Myko and Patterson as WBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back