Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were shipping goals versus Palace and Spurs after that he went more towards a compact 343, I don't see us sticking to any one formation although if we had a good CB partnership and midfield we may see more 433
The way I see it is that we need 3 in CM for exactly the reason our players aren`t top level. How many games this season have we been crying out for a 3rd man in CM. This works 2 ways, stops us being passive in defence and supplements numbers in attack.

I think we just need to turn a fairly tidy overall profit this window. If Farhad can assuage the Premier League that our losses were COVID related, then just turning a profit should be enough. Should clear about 18m on wasted salaries, that helps. Richy for 80m would be incredible. Ideally get 40m for Gbamin, Allan, Mina and Gomes.

Delph/Kenny/Toshun look off which is good.

I would personally be offloading Mina as he's no good use being a glorified 100k a week mascot from the treatment room. Also sell Holgate as would be a good profit on the books and bring in 2x CB's - Tarkowski on a free to replace Mina and someone to fit 3 at the back if thats how we are going to play - the Korean lad Big Kim from Turkey for a reasonable fee would fit the bill.

Offload Gbamin, Kean, Townie for fees with Slomes booted oot on loan and bring in a CDM + RW (for me Cornet at £17.5 million is a potential bargain).

Then if Richarlison goes for a large fee (£75-85 millions) bring in another 1-2 top quality players whilst covering any losses.

Easier said than done but there is a way in balancing the books if we are smart in the market in the short term.

Can’t believe I forgot Gomes. He needs to be one of the first out.

These players will all be here next season guaranteed. Nobody is buying them, and no way are they are shifting from the wages they're on.

We should be saying to those players we want out of the club ‘you won’t be playing a single minute for us, if you want to train for a whole season and collect a wage then fine but you won’t be playing for us’. You’d like to think most of them would then look for moves to play. The issue we have is the likes of Keane and Davies know with our injury problems that it won’t be long before they’re both straight back in whether the manager rates them or not.

I don't know what main formation I want us to play. I like Chelsea's style but have we the personel to pull it off?!
We got smashed in a few with 4 atb like you say but we also switched to that v palace for the comeback which no doubt adrenalin played a part in too
I guess it depends on the quality and quantity of CB or MF we have by the end of the window, but I do like the idea of Myko and Patterson as WBs
I like the idea of players like Gallagher and Alli in midfield but not likely to happen in a midfield 2... Who has over perfomed playing 3 at the back and who has playing 4 at the back?

Spurs with the 3? All the best teams that have been successful with this system all had him as the manager
West Ham? 4-1-4-1
Leicester? 4-2-3-1
Newcastle in the end? 4-3-3
Palace have had a better season than expected with an FA Cup semi final playing 4-3-3

Seems a good player. Bet this isn't true ?

Hes been linked like this for 6months.

As i said earlier, hes apparently coming for talks with us and Spurs.

Just on Cole Palmer, what sort of player is he? Any chance you would consider a loan to Everton.
I think he's best at playing right sided midfield or right wing. Not seen enough of him to make proper judgement but he has looked lively and scored a couple of nice goals when he's played first team. I think he and McAtee(centre mid) will be given more game time next season. I certainly hope so because they're both local lads and from my perspective i think it's good that we are getting better youngsters joining our academy than united are.

We should be saying to those players we want out of the club ‘you won’t be playing a single minute for us, if you want to train for a whole season and collect a wage then fine but you won’t be playing for us’. You’d like to think most of them would then look for moves to play. The issue we have is the likes of Keane and Davies know with our injury problems that it won’t be long before they’re both straight back in whether the manager rates them or not.
I have been saying this for months mate, Thelwell needs to get on to these players agents and explain to them they have no future here. An agent is going to make money out of any prospective transfer so its within their best interests to follow it through.

I like the idea of players like Gallagher and Alli in midfield but not likely to happen in a midfield 2... Who has over perfomed playing 3 at the back and who has playing 4 at the back?

Spurs with the 3? All the best teams that have been successful with this system all had him as the manager
West Ham? 4-1-4-1
Leicester? 4-2-3-1
Newcastle in the end? 4-3-3
Palace have had a better season than expected with an FA Cup semi final playing 4-3-3
Both Spurs and Chelsea look good in that system, Chelsea had bad luck with their wing backs this year but still finished 3rd, no doubt Conte is class of course
We lack a v good DM for 4 atb atm imo
WH have Rice
Leicester Ndidi
Brighton Bissouma(when they play 4)
Newcastle Bruno and an inspirational position change for Joelinton has helped Newcastle a lot
Upshot is our midfield is weak now for it, for both formations really coz Spurs and Chelsea have much better mids than us
I think we are unlikely to get Gallagher though he could swing it to a 433 like palace
Compensating with an extra CB for a weak midfield isn't necessarily the best plan but freeing up an energetic myko and patterson could be worth it with our wingers tucking in for extra support in the mid, just floating thoughts, I'm no expert!
I suppose we'd like to be fluid but the teams that do best rarely change formations. It's 50/50 what way we go isn't it? I just have a feeling WBs are what we'll start with and a part of me wants to see it! Interesting times

You'd have Keane anywhere near the squad.

Thats the "experience" you'd want in the team...an absolute one dimensional bomb scare in defence.

Frightening...if hes here next season it will be a failure.

There was a Ukrainian poster here when we signed Myko. He said Mudryk was Neymar lite.

Zabarnyi has the potential to be elite and Tsyganov is Ukraine's best player.

Obviously id take Zinchenko as well.
I didn’t say he was my choice did I?
I pointed out that your set up did not have enough experience and that Keane will still be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back