Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence and Creativity - that's is our priority.

Colwill (loan) and Tarkowski (free) would shore up our backline plus allow players like Branthwaite to go out on loan or find a buyer for Keane or Holgate.

Mina is a tricky one. He is our best defender but our most unreliable plus with a year left on his deal, it's a case of stick or twist. Personally we need to get rid as much as it pains me to say but we need to plan for the season not just the odd game.

Godfrey - Colwill - Tarkowski - Keane/Holgate would be a good start to our centre backs plus we can use Coleman if we continue with 3 at the back.

We need to find that balance in midfield who can provide defensive cover but also play out. Delph struck a good balance of this but his injury record was appalling. Doucoure (free) of Lens seems to fit this bill from the links we have. Him and Gbamin (if he survives pre-season) could cover this position plus we have not seen much from Onyango who could also be an option.

Now creatively we have missed Alleged No 10 and definitely James, who between them gave us 12 goals and 15 assists so it's a positive to see links to Gallagher, Cornet, Johnson and Lewis-Potter. All options are positive but for me I'd like to see Gallagher and Johnson but I think those ships has sailed so adding Cornet and Lewis-Potter would give the squad must need pace and options across the team.

Cornet (£18m) is a very attacking player who can play a host of positions from left back, left wing and forward. He has a release fee of around £18m so he is good value of a player who got 9 goals in a poor Burnley team which compared to a similar player in Saint-Maximin who only got 5 goals or Bailey who managed only 1 goal.

Lewis-Porter (£20m) is another great player who is on the back of two good season with Hull and again very versatile in attacking positions who gets goals (12) and assists (4). He has very similar to Gordon who has been outstanding for us so it a no-brainer for us.

Colwill (loan)
Tarkowski (free)
Doucoure (free)
Cornet (£18m)
Lewis-Porter (£20m)

I think these are realistic and very positive signings who would add depth and strength in key areas plus not massive money especially when we have likely big outs in wages and the sale of Kean to Juventus.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sweeper system making a return to the big time

I could see someone like Coleman playing that role, almost like a Quarter Back

It would mean he wouldn't have to run around any more at least

Alternatively you could easily have someone like Holgate or Godfrey play that role if you trained them for it

It's had it's day as a system though I feel, but it's fun to imagine sometimes
Coleman can't pass to save his life. Never mind spread or dictate play. He also often loses the ball by dribbling straight into the opposition or dithering on it for too long.

Just a few of the major drawbacks to that suggestion.

Zinchenko has said plenty of times he's happy at City, never once has he said he wants to leave so I don't know who started all the transfer rumours. Unless Pep wants him out i really can't see him wanting to leave himself. He's winning trophies and content yet he's on the lowest salary of all our senior squad players.

And most players have been happy playing for us. David Silva And Aguero both did 10 years, Fernandinho has just left on 9. All three could have signed for any club they wanted to if they wanted to and they'd have gotten more money. Guardiola has been at City over 6 years and counting, he's said he's really happy at the club.

It was reported Gundogan was unhappy and wanted to leave recently, turned out to be a crock of sh!t that some nomark on Twitter started. He's another player under contract and going nowhere.

The redtop loving media hate us and try and destabilise us at every opportunity, jealousy i suppose.

The link has come out of the media, maybe this is the point....could be an agent link to push for a new deal..... he only has 2 years left doesn't he ??!!

I really like him, and looks like everyone at City does too, so the leaving links dont seem right to me, but who knows.

Every time I have watched City, he has been decent at the very elast, excellent player that does his job and does not rock the boat, every top side needs these lads.

Its why im excited we have been linked to him.

Florian Grillitsch played it many times for Hoffenheim, Josuha Guilavogui at Wolfsburg and even Tyler Adams a few times in Leipzig. Ethan Ampadu played it for Leipzig in the CL quarters where they battered Spurs.
Didn't know that. Should watch more German football.

I've read Coleman and QB role so far. Let's just get basics right before we go full on nut job. Remember a few years back Baines was being touted in the Lahm role. Know the limitations of your squad.

Florian Grillitsch played it many times for Hoffenheim, Josuha Guilavogui at Wolfsburg and even Tyler Adams a few times in Leipzig. Ethan Ampadu played it for Leipzig in the CL quarters where they battered Spurs.

I would take Ampadu, needs a new perminant home. Clearly massively talented and with games has proved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back