Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
A club ethos isnt a bad idea.

It prevents players being bought by numerous managers playing numerous tactics.

Its to make manager transitions smoother, is the line of thinking.

Impossible to know if thats the case till we have played a few games next season.
While I agree, I'd hope they get managers that have some preference for the formation instead of putting a proverbial square peg in a round hole.

I remember the Telegraph had a profile on Frank when he was still unemployed and there was a whole bit on how he’d been studying Atalanta and was impressed with their system. Based on that and how much he seemed to like it in our run-in, not to mention Thelwell’s preference for it, there’s very good reason to think it’s going to be the first choice formation.

I think most on here are discussing it not because we like it (I hate it for us) but because we’re reading the tea leaves. Obviously he’ll be flexible but if Frank really does want to be play it, we have to recruit for it. First and foremost, that means looking for two new compete midfielders, which is tough and does not fill me with confidence going into this window.

With that being said, I have no idea how recruiting Dele fits into that.

I remember the Telegraph had a profile on Frank when he was still unemployed and there was a whole bit on how he’d been studying Atalanta and was impressed with their system. Based on that and how much he seemed to like it in our run-in, not to mention Thelwell’s preference for it, there’s very good reason to think it’s going to be the first choice formation.

I think most on here are discussing it not because we like it (I hate it for us) but because we’re reading the tea leaves. Obviously he’ll be flexible but if Frank really does want to be play it, we have to recruit for it. First and foremost, that means looking for two new compete midfielders, which is tough and does not fill me with confidence going into this window.

Dele could play in a 352 as the middle of the 5 as a 10 or in the 2.

I also hate it.

And this is going to sound REALLY stupid, but I dont think there is a massive desire within the club to lower the wage bill.

A desire to not waste wages for sure, but our wage bill is half the size of the top clubs.

We need to improve our revenue, not lower our overheads.

Im aware its stupid, just a theory.
We've been SOOOOOoooo successful doing that without needing to rely on a shadow owner tho, right?

Not being funny, i agree. But our board is Lawnmower Bill and DBB. They aren't raising our revenue.

I can’t believe you’ve watched us the last two or three years and think a back three suits these players.
Despite me mentioning Myko possibly going CB in a 3 (because of the Rennes left back link)....hes got endleds energy at LWB.

It also suits Patterson, Holgate and Godfrey while offers more chances for Branthwaite..
Now Manchester United would be a club to pay 60m for Dom
If its United then surely were talking £75mil-85mil similar to Richarlison.
-Mykhaylo Mudryk looks to me like he's going to be an absolute baller.
- Tetê looked really good for Lyon on his emergency loan after the Russian invasion.
- Pedrinho has good potential.
- Manor Solomon the same.
- Marcos Antônio has looked good every time I've seen Shakhtar in Europe (although at 5ft5, might be a bit small to play CM in the PL)
- Lassina Traore was highly thought off at Ajax and started like a house on fire out there.
- Illia Zabarnyi (sp??) is a big, highly thought of CB.
- Viktor Tsyhankov's stats have been insane for Dynamo Kyiv.

Plus David Neres (who never lived up to his potential is still kicking around out there too).
Neres got a bad injury at Ajax.

Zabarnyi and Tsyganov are the main ones to get from that list.

I personally thought Lampard favoured a 433 when he first came in and we drifted MORE towards 5 at the back near the end.

But ive honestly blocked out most of last season, so I could be wrong.
But don't you feel that formation change was influenced by pragmatism as a means to achieve survival

According to a mate who works as a youth coach at Everton, this new regime is looking to implement 3-4-3 / 3-5-2 across all ages groups at academy level.

If that's the case, it seems likely that any transfers in or out will be made with this system in mind.

If the DOF is ultra pro 352 / 3 at the back then it makes perfect sense to adopt the formation.

Why? Because at least theres a clear direction on the style of play and 4 at the back hasnt been a success for the last decade or so.

I welcome it.

But don't you feel that formation change was influenced by pragmatism as a means to achieve survival
At the time yes and it might still be the case.

As I say we will probably need to wait a few games till we know what the plan is, it may well be Fronk will continue to favour tactical flexibility also.

We are in the unknown at the moment, a new DoF, a fairly new manager, I think its difficult to know what the future holds.

Not going to link it but Transfers Toffee posted a Pic&Mix of players...

If we keep hold of DCL / Richarlison its 4 players from this list that were apparently interested in

Defence:
James Tarkowski
Levi Colwill
Jacob Greaves
Chris Richards

Midfield:
Cade Cowell
Conor Gallagher
Carles Gill
Dennis Zakaria

Forwards:
Gianluca Scamacca
Alou Kuol
Myron Boadu
Armando Broja
Keane Lewis Potter

I wont pick 4 but Id be happy with:

Tarkowski / Colwill
Gallagher
Scamacca / Broja / Lewis-Potter

The Atalanta system is impressive but that is firmly not what we were doing. We were like 99% of the way to Big Sam. That's not Atalanta.

One day football will come to understand that overly defensive set ups are not pragmatic but rather praying for luck to fall on your side. It did for us thank God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back