Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Keane was our best centre back...

...we would have been relegated many months ago.

The amount of mistakes he made last season alone is frightening.

Keane must have the same PR agent as Van Dijk. Doesn’t matter how many errors he makes, fans still seem to have him as our best CB. He was literally kicking the ball in his own net most games for a period last season yet still some are caught up in this delusion. Mistakes every game from Keane are fine but woe betide Holgate Godfrey or Branthwaite making one, they must immediately be dropped.

Keane must have the same PR agent as Van Dijk. Doesn’t matter how many errors he makes, fans still seem to have him as our best CB. He was literally kicking the ball in his own net most games for a period last season yet still some are caught up in this delusion. Mistakes every game from Keane are fine but woe betide Holgate Godfrey or Branthwaite making one, they must immediately be dropped.
He went through a truly awful period this season, but couldn’t be dropped. The minute Mina was fit he was out of the team.

He has games when he plays well, but overall he is just not good enough consistently enough.

I would go:

Mina
Keane
Godfrey
Holgate

Keane was our best available centre half last season and we came 16th and were not relegated

You two are dead to me.

Got to be honest I thought Holgate turned a corner for us in the last 5 games and he weighed in with important goals. Keggers literally can't pass 5 yards

100%. In the back 3 Holgate looks decent.

I think Delph definitely could, Allan, Doucoure, Gomes have all proven they cant. I`m pretty sure Alli and Iwobi couldn`t either.

That is why I feel Delph is getting a new deal....

Have a look at the best team playing 3-4-3 at the moment is Spurs, Hojberg and Betancur

I think by signing CBs (linked to Tarkowski, Kim Min-Jae & Colwill) they will be in addition to Godfrey, Holgate, Keane, Mina and Branthwaite. Why would you need so many CBs? If you are going to play 5 at the back, Frank used 3-4-3 most in the league, but it didn`t bring the best results, and for every game in the FA Cup.

We need to get ued to being out numbered in midfield and hving no attacking midfield players as I said before players like Alli or Iwoi wont fit in that central role. I think Iwobi will go RWB which is a shame, never thought I`d say that!
Whats with the Delph love in?

He literally has no pace or fitness level.

Its mind blowing.

Hare to fathom why people like him.

Has a gormless reaction to anything outside of 10 yards from goal.

There is NO reason to rate him...but people do

Keane was our best available centre half last season and we came 16th and were not relegated
Selling Keane and keeping Mina makes no sense, it is effectively getting rid of our two most experienced centre halves.

Tarkowski seems like a leader and he certainly is a dominant no frills type of player we need. I think just about all our centre halves will benefit from having him play with them......hopefully we sign him.

If we don't sign Tarkowski it will be somebody like him in probably a more expensive deal.

You two are dead to me.

100%. In the back 3 Holgate looks decent.

Whats with the Delph love in?

He literally has no pace or fitness level.

Its mind blowing.

Hare to fathom why people like him.

Has a gormless reaction to anything outside of 10 yards from goal.

There is NO reason to rate him...but people do
Dont want Delph, far from it BUT he is the only player capable of playing Franks 5-2-3..... Hate that formation, it is so limited.

Few things:

1: Did you see the numbers if we sold Richarlison, Mina and Allan? Take their transfer fees and the 1-2 years on their contracts and its not far off covering the ENTIRE contract for potential fees and wages of AWB, Garner, Gallagher, Lingard and Tarkowski.

Thats massive for FFP.

2: With the FFP being being entirely covered in advance for those 5 players were going to be nicely placed for the next 3-5 seasons.

3: That team isnt a 'top 6' team but its not getting relegated and is a sound base to start a rebuild from.

4: Finally having 2 players in midfield with Gallagher and Garner (yes @catcherintherye hes been linked) that could be a solid base for many years.

5: People may not 'love' AWB but his stats show him to be the type of player that would be very good for a mid table level side. For 12months to ease Patterson in its not a bad move.

Lingerd is universally hated and im not a big fan of his either but as a short term stop gap in the same way Tarkowski will give Branthwaite a little time...it could help Dobbin be eased in.

6: Mostly, the signings are to get the squad up to Mid-table and above from selling only 3 players...covering all the new players entire deals in one go.

Any other sales (Keane/Gomes/Gbamin/Kean/Rondon) can be used to sign a superior player than a Lingard for example or to strengthen another position.

But the key point was just that those 3 sales...really cover the entire fees/wages of AWB (1 year), Tarkowski (3 years), Lingard (3 years), Garner (5 years) Gallagher (5 years).

Imagine going into the next few seasons knowing that their fees and wages were already covered in advance.
This has so many floors. Allan has already indicated he is staying. He has an injury which will put off any potential interest anyway. Mina has a chronic injury record and is reported to be our highest earner. He is not getting anything like that money again so will be riding out the final year of his deal. Lingard would not be a short term option as he will probably be pushing for a 4 year deal.

Regarding right back we have made our bed. It has to be Coleman with Patterson getting more opportunities and eventually taking over. The alternative would be loaning Patterson and loaning in a right back. You can’t spend the money we have on Patterson and then purchase a player like AWB without even giving him a proper chance

Garner I would be open to and Gallagher on loan if Chelsea agreed to that (I don’t believe a purchase to be realistic). I think key is an experienced deep lying midfield player in the Barry/Carsley mould). Also we need a number 10/creative wide forward option in the squad. Deli Ali is not the answer.

That pod cast with theEsk and the 2 brothers. One of them is keane’s biggest fan. After the palace game he said it was great to see Keane have a good game inform of Southgate ?
Like he’s getting back in the England squad

Why is everyone banging on about Tarkowski being `a leader`, what is the evidence that this is the case.

He wasn`t captain at Burnley, he is no more a leader than Keane and having played a low block for 5 years may not be able to play the way we hope to play and could be more dead wood we can`t get rid of sat on £90k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back