Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has so many floors. Allan has already indicated he is staying. He has an injury which will put off any potential interest anyway. Mina has a chronic injury record and is reported to be our highest earner. He is not getting anything like that money again so will be riding out the final year of his deal. Lingard would not be a short term option as he will probably be pushing for a 4 year deal.

Regarding right back we have made our bed. It has to be Coleman with Patterson getting more opportunities and eventually taking over. The alternative would be loaning Patterson and loaning in a right back. You can’t spend the money we have on Patterson and then purchase a player like AWB without even giving him a proper chance

Garner I would be open to and Gallagher on loan if Chelsea agreed to that (I don’t believe a purchase to be realistic). I think key is an experienced deep lying midfield player in the Barry/Carsley mould). Also we need a number 10/creative wide forward option in the squad. Deli Ali is not the answer.

Whilst by and large right, think a few things stand out.

Allan indicated he'd be staying, if the club says you need to move on, he'll go but likely late in the window post hernia op recovery, the op goes well I'm certain there would be a lot of interest in him from back in Italy where his stocks still very high (and in reality where he's look very good again due to the slower pace of the game) - don't think we'd get much for him though maybe not enough to offset his FPP cost so a loan covering wages with a decent fee 3-4m is likely the best case scenario.

Mina if we said he's available, there would be interest, but with one year left, again you're looking at a similar thing to Allan.

Lingard is no answer to any question, even short term it'd be a horrible decision.

Patterson has to be given the chance, we can't be buying a young player for 10m not playing him and having to buy a replacement, thsts the way the club will go under.

Garner I don't see Ten Haag (sp) letting go and we shouldn't waste time in it, no experience at this level in that dm role isn't a player we should be allowing to learn on the job here to benefit another team at the cost of us.

Gallacher - tremendous player, BUT wierdly given I rate him, he's being overated, he's not the second coming of Lampard, I actually think he won't make the grade at Chelsea as an attacking cm, but in a lot of teams he could be very very good long term, he's buyable if available IF we sold big this sesson on say Richy and a few others Gray etc.

Agree on the creative need, but think we have to try to have Deli be that guy, and thsts by recruitment ensuring he dies that role not having to do the stuff he's not great at and by having players who can allow him to use that creativity.

Deep lying playmaker, is a strange one, I'd say we need a player in the centre who just shows for the ball and progresses it well (actually think Zinchenko would be brilliant in that role)

I think Delph definitely could, Allan, Doucoure, Gomes have all proven they cant. I`m pretty sure Alli and Iwobi couldn`t either.

That is why I feel Delph is getting a new deal....

Have a look at the best team playing 3-4-3 at the moment is Spurs, Hojberg and Betancur

I think by signing CBs (linked to Tarkowski, Kim Min-Jae & Colwill) they will be in addition to Godfrey, Holgate, Keane, Mina and Branthwaite. Why would you need so many CBs? If you are going to play 5 at the back, Frank used 3-4-3 most in the league, but it didn`t bring the best results, and for every game in the FA Cup.

We need to get ued to being out numbered in midfield and hving no attacking midfield players as I said before players like Alli or Iwoi wont fit in that central role. I think Iwobi will go RWB which is a shame, never thought I`d say that!
2022 Delph?

Hojbjerg and Bentacurs are hard to find

That`s the trade off isn`t it, we haven`t played 3-5-2/5-3-2 under Frank, it has been 3-4-3, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with 3-4-3 bringing the worst results as we saw for the last 7/8 games under Benitez. I can`t fathom why Frank would copy to the tee a system the previous sacked manager wanted to use.

I think he will change personnel this summer and start next season as his plan A which means the end for players like Alli, Allan, Doucoure, Davies etc
I completely agree.

Assuming that we sell Richy it makes even more sense for us , with our personnel to set up as a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2.

That causes a slight problem for Gordon but I'd like to think that he would be in contention with Alli ,and Iwobi for the CAM.

That`s the trade off isn`t it, we haven`t played 3-5-2/5-3-2 under Frank, it has been 3-4-3, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with 3-4-3 bringing the worst results as we saw for the last 7/8 games under Benitez. I can`t fathom why Frank would copy to the tee a system the previous sacked manager wanted to use.

I think he will change personnel this summer and start next season as his plan A which means the end for players like Alli, Allan, Doucoure, Davies etc

343 is the more exciting formation to watch but you need two monster CM's to play it and 2x very good wingbacks who provide the creativity.

Patterson could be that RB going forward but I have doubts about Mykolenko's creativity although its early days.

I think 352 helps in having that extra body in CM and there is something great about having 2x CF's who can score goals.

We should have signed Ings before he moved to Villa as think him and DCL would have complimented each other well - one has good movement and creates space whilst the other is a goal poacher. He hasn't looked the same playing up top on his own at Villa.

The fact we have 3x wide players (not including Richarlison assuming hes offski) in Gray, Gordon and Townie I doubt we'll go down the 352 route personally.

343 with a natural CDM to slot in alongside Doucoure.

Thing is mate, Richy may (likely to) be sold, gray is a bit errrm not that good, deli isn't a wf, and Gordon arguably may be better playing inside, Iwobi looks awful there, Townsend is broken.

So what are we actually making redundant....
Richarlison is better playing in a front two also.

This issue is we might not have a shot some matches

343 is the more exciting formation to watch but you need two monster CM's to play it and 2x very good wingbacks who provide the creativity.

Patterson could be that RB going forward but I have doubts about Mykolenko's creativity although ots early days.

I think 352 helps in having that extra body in CM and there is something great about having 2x CF's who can score goals.

We should have signed Ings before he moved to Villa as think him and DCL would have complimented each other well - one has good movement and creates space whilst the other is a goal poacher. He hasn't looked the same playing up top on his own at Villa.

The fact we have 3x wide players (not including Richarlison assuming hes offski) in Gray, Gordon and Townie I doubt we'll go down the 353 route personally.

343 with a natural CDM to slot in alongside Doucoure.
Why

• 1Bursik
  • 2Aarons
  • 15Cresswell
  • 5Harwood-Bellis
  • 16Johnson
  • 7Gibbs-White
  • 17Jones
  • 6Garner
  • 8J Ramsey
  • 9Balogun
  • 10Smith Rowe
That's the England U23 team tonight . No place for Gordon or KLP , both on the bench

I completely agree.

Assuming that we sell Richy it makes even more sense for us , with our personnel to set up as a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2.

That causes a slight problem for Gordon but I'd like to think that he would be in contention with Alli ,and Iwobi for the CAM.
For me I`m not a lover of the 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, awful awful formations. Only 2 or 3 teams continue to use it :-

Chelsea (Alhough they played the RS off the park playing a back 4)
Wolves (Santo tried to change to a back 4 but the players are too far engrained in their system)
Brighton (But they are employing a back 4 more and more, I think Potter has seen the need to progress to a bck 4))

Brentford started the season with 3 at the back but ditched it after Erikssen came in and look at their resurgence, Newcastle was 5 at the back, in comes Howe and transforms them with 4-3-3.

Next season only Chelsea, Wolves and us will play 3/5 at the back, don`t you wonder why only 3 or 4 use that system in the premier league and the other 16/17 don`t and only 1 team in the top 8 does and that same team has spent many more billions on players than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back