Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 assists last season, which was more than the majority of our attacking players.

I get it, he was awful for a period last season and the season before that.

But at times hes been great for us, chipping in with goals, assists, heading everything.

Gets a very bad press on here does Keggers, not as bad as most make out.
All our players are judged at their worst. Didn't you get the memo?

Many thanks on behalf of the Mark Pembridge Appreciation Society.

Its amazing how short our fans memories are.

Doucs was boss under Carlo we completely fell apart when he was injured.

Lads played literally most games for the past 3-4 seasons, has suffered stress fractures from being overplayed because the rest of our CM options are 1 legged sicknotes and was playing 3-4 games a fortnight whilst observing Ramadan this season.

Put a proper CDM like Gana next to him and he would be fine. I cant say the same for the likes of Slomes, Gbamin, Davies, Dele et al.

Its amazing how short our fans memories are.

Doucs was boss under Carlo se completely fell apart when he was injured.

Lads played literally most games for the past 3-4 seasons, has suffered stress fractures from being overplayed because the rest of our CM options are 1 legged sicknotes and was playing 3-4 games a fortnight whilst observing Ramadan.

Put a proper CDM like Gana next to him and he would be fine. I cant say the same for the likes of Slomes, Gbamin, Dele et al.

The Duke is class mate, simple as, as a man in black once said - i find the lack of faith disturbing. Think its bizarre to be honest. Goes to show different opinion and what not.

I hope so but so far we've seen much more to his defensive game than his attacking prowess.

I was talking about him a fair bit when he arrived mate when people where bedwetting saying he was league 2 standard saying hed just take some time to settle, he's got the pace, energy to do that role, defensively he's very sound, and he's gonna kick on this season a lot I believe.

I was talking about him a fair bit when he arrived mate when people where bedwetting saying he was league 2 standard saying hed just take some time to settle, he's got the pace, energy to do that role, defensively he's very sound, and he's gonna kick on this season a lot I believe.

We'll never forget the suspects lambasting the poor kid after just 1 game.

They know who they are.

Whilst by and large right, think a few things stand out.

Allan indicated he'd be staying, if the club says you need to move on, he'll go but likely late in the window post hernia op recovery, the op goes well I'm certain there would be a lot of interest in him from back in Italy where his stocks still very high (and in reality where he's look very good again due to the slower pace of the game) - don't think we'd get much for him though maybe not enough to offset his FPP cost so a loan covering wages with a decent fee 3-4m is likely the best case scenario.

Mina if we said he's available, there would be interest, but with one year left, again you're looking at a similar thing to Allan.

Lingard is no answer to any question, even short term it'd be a horrible decision.

Patterson has to be given the chance, we can't be buying a young player for 10m not playing him and having to buy a replacement, thsts the way the club will go under.

Garner I don't see Ten Haag (sp) letting go and we shouldn't waste time in it, no experience at this level in that dm role isn't a player we should be allowing to learn on the job here to benefit another team at the cost of us.

Gallacher - tremendous player, BUT wierdly given I rate him, he's being overated, he's not the second coming of Lampard, I actually think he won't make the grade at Chelsea as an attacking cm, but in a lot of teams he could be very very good long term, he's buyable if available IF we sold big this sesson on say Richy and a few others Gray etc.

Agree on the creative need, but think we have to try to have Deli be that guy, and thsts by recruitment ensuring he dies that role not having to do the stuff he's not great at and by having players who can allow him to use that creativity.

Deep lying playmaker, is a strange one, I'd say we need a player in the centre who just shows for the ball and progresses it well (actually think Zinchenko would be brilliant in that role)
I find it unlikely Mina and Allan will leave for smaller pay checks elsewhere. I guess it is conceivable they could sacrifice salary for longer deals but if I was a betting man I see both here at the start of the season.

Agree on Garner. Think he will be given a shot by ETH. If we were to sign him I agree there would need to be another experienced DM signed. I don’t think that is Zinchenko. He could work on the left side of a 3. He is a bit lightweight for the DM role

I also see Gallagher as overrated. Would rather a player with more refined technical skills in that the role to help improve our play in possession and build in the attacking third but I think he pretty much guarantees 10 league goals a season next season which would be very valuable

The Duke is class mate, simple as, as a man in black once said - i find the lack of faith disturbing. Think its bizarre to be honest. Goes to show different opinion and what not.
Dacoure is the only cm I can see who if he's missing we seriously notice it + that says something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back