Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's genuinely the worst Everton midfielder I've seen and it is so weird to me that people still rate him
I know this is the internet, mate, but this is an absolutely ludicrous statement. He’s not even the worst midfielder in the current squad and (forgive me, I don’t know your age) if you have any recollection of the team beyond the last 20 years you wouldn’t even have him in your top 20.

343 is the more exciting formation to watch but you need two monster CM's to play it and 2x very good wingbacks who provide the creativity.

Patterson could be that RB going forward but I have doubts about Mykolenko's creativity although its early days.

I think 352 helps in having that extra body in CM and there is something great about having 2x CF's who can score goals.

We should have signed Ings before he moved to Villa as think him and DCL would have complimented each other well - one has good movement and creates space whilst the other is a goal poacher. He hasn't looked the same playing up top on his own at Villa.

The fact we have 3x wide players (not including Richarlison assuming hes offski) in Gray, Gordon and Townie I doubt we'll go down the 352 route personally.

343 with a natural CDM to slot in alongside Doucoure.
If you have a CDM alongside Douc in a two and then have Gordon and Gray as the wide forwards where are our goals coming from outside of the injury prone number 9?

F0DF722D-B52D-4F84-9BBA-3CC40509FB92.webp

I find it unlikely Mina and Allan will leave for smaller pay checks elsewhere. I guess it is conceivable they could sacrifice salary for longer deals but if I was a betting man I see both here at the start of the season.

Agree on Garner. Think he will be given a shot by ETH. If we were to sign him I agree there would need to be another experienced DM signed. I don’t think that is Zinchenko. He could work on the left side of a 3. He is a bit lightweight for the DM role

I also see Gallagher as overrated. Would rather a player with more refined technical skills in that the role to help improve our play in possession and build in the attacking third but I think he pretty much guarantees 10 league goals a season next season which would be very valuable

Agree mate that neither would take a pay cut, that's why I see loans bring the likely option for a both of them.

Zinchenko I don't see as lightweight, he's small but very good defensively and can play anywhere from dm/cm/am and really would transform our ability in possession. As an outright 'stopper" dm then yes he's not that type at all much better as a very good creative player whose also a very solid defensive player. Gallacher for me, it's not the goals etc that make me want him it's the off the ball stuff, where he covers an insane amount of ground and for a supposed attacking midfielder his defensive stats are stupendously good. A pairing of him and Zinchenko would cover a huge amount of our problems

Its amazing how short our fans memories are.

Doucs was boss under Carlo we completely fell apart when he was injured.

Lads played literally most games for the past 3-4 seasons, has suffered stress fractures from being overplayed because the rest of our CM options are 1 legged sicknotes and was playing 3-4 games a fortnight whilst observing Ramadan this season.

Put a proper CDM like Gana next to him and he would be fine. I cant say the same for the likes of Slomes, Gbamin, Davies, Dele et al.
I don't mind doucoure but hes not a complete enough of a box to box Midfielder to play in a midfield two. His passing is wretched

cant see anything in us going after mee unless
Agree mate that neither would take a pay cut, that's why I see loans bring the likely option for a both of them.

Zinchenko I don't see as lightweight, he's small but very good defensively and can play anywhere from dm/cm/am and really would transform our ability in possession. As an outright 'stopper" dm then yes he's not that type at all much better as a very good creative player whose also a very solid defensive player. Gallacher for me, it's not the goals etc that make me want him it's the off the ball stuff, where he covers an insane amount of ground and for a supposed attacking midfielder his defensive stats are stupendously good. A pairing of him and Zinchenko would cover a huge amount of our problems
same have come round to zinchenko able to fill in a few positions and will feel like has point to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back