Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not just about running between both boxes. It’s about controlling the football and passing it to teammates and have an input in the final 3rd. If he goes 433 he will hopefully have a holding player and 2 runners either side I can see iwobi being one and a new one, doucoure will be a back up imo
I didn’t say he should be an automatic starter

Would prefer 532 personally, out the 2, but it would make our wide players redundant.

That`s the trade off isn`t it, we haven`t played 3-5-2/5-3-2 under Frank, it has been 3-4-3, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with 3-4-3 bringing the worst results as we saw for the last 7/8 games under Benitez. I can`t fathom why Frank would copy to the tee a system the previous sacked manager wanted to use.

I think he will change personnel this summer and start next season as his plan A which means the end for players like Alli, Allan, Doucoure, Davies etc

That`s the trade off isn`t it, we haven`t played 3-5-2/5-3-2 under Frank, it has been 3-4-3, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with 3-4-3 bringing the worst results as we saw for the last 7/8 games under Benitez. I can`t fathom why Frank would copy to the tee a system the previous sacked manager wanted to use.

I think he will change personnel this summer and start next season as his plan A which means the end for players like Alli, Allan, Doucoure, Davies etc
I'm of the belief that it's coming from our DoF currently. I'm hoping it's not the case and Lampard moves to his preferred 433.

Why is everyone banging on about Tarkowski being `a leader`, what is the evidence that this is the case.

He wasn`t captain at Burnley, he is no more a leader than Keane and having played a low block for 5 years may not be able to play the way we hope to play and could be more dead wood we can`t get rid of sat on £90k.
Have you watched him play ?

He is a strong dominant centre half, we saw against Everton that he is aggressive in his play , he lost his centre back partner and it didn't seem to result in Burnley conceding any more goals than before Mee got injured.
Tarkowski must take a lot of the credit for that.

The Premier League has only been won on one occasion by a team which played 3 at the back, that was Chelsea under Conte 2016/17, the other 29 seasons have been won by teams playing a back 4.

Playing 3/5 at the back as our plan A would be a massive error limiting were we go....

I just think he can do what Vardy does with his pace and physicality.

Interesting. Never crossed my mind that, but could see it being a possibility. Vardy mind is a fantastic finisher, not sure about Gordon on that front.

Have you watched him play ?

He is a strong dominant centre half, we saw against Everton that he is aggressive in his play , he lost his centre back partner and it didn't seem to result in Burnley conceding any more goals than before Mee got injured.
Tarkowski must take a lot of the credit for that.
In the games against Everton I saw him pitching his tent in his own 18 yard box and would not be suited to a high press which Frank wants to play, being aggressive doesn`t make you a leader. Another player with the same limitations Keane has, Keane struggles in anything other than low block.

Interesting. Never crossed my mind that, but could see it being a possibility. Vardy mind is a fantastic finisher, not sure about Gordon on that front.

Yeh like I say he's not exactly banging goals in to back up my thoughts but at youth team level he was always a confident finisher. Same for England too. I know these days wingers aren't really wingers but he's always done his best work for us centrally even if behind a striker.

The Premier League has only been won on one occasion by a team which played 3 at the back, that was Chelsea under Conte 2016/17, the other 29 seasons have been won by teams playing a back 4.

Playing 3/5 at the back as our plan A would be a massive error limiting were we go....
Spoiler: We won’t be challenging for the title any time in the immediate future anyway

Because we got spanked by Spurs and Palace by four and we're fighting for our lives to stay up! That's why. Also it had more flexibility than when FSW played it, we had Iwobi pushing up and into midfield at times. He saw it as the best way to stay compact and pick up points. I have no doubt we will change now. Also I doubt we will stick to one system we will probably alternative between all the ones mentioned at times the days of one system and stick to it all season are probably gone..

Yeh like I say he's not exactly banging goals in to back up my thoughts but at youth team level he was always a confident finisher. Same for England too. I know these days wingers aren't really wingers but he's always done his best work for us centrally even if behind a striker.

Only seen him on MOTD, (when we win/draw), so will acknowledge your better understanding of his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back