Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me It's a defensive Midfielder who is actually mobile and provide coverage for the back line. Being able to pass the ball 5 yards forward would be preferred as well. Our midfield is somehow more problematic than our defense it should be the next aspect addressed in my opinion. Then they can build from that

Agreed mate, but id be surprised if we got all we need. We could do with a 6 mate, i wont lie i like both Allan and Doucoure, so id priortise a creative player through the middle and out on the Flank, presuming we loose Richarlison, we need threat and creativity our forwards living off bare bones and anything they cn create themselves and we fell over the line, in terms of threat and creativity we've taken Digne, Bernard, Jamo and Gylfi out of the team in 12 months and more then likely Richarilison - that a hell of a lot of threat to come out of a team.

Wonder will Frank look at Lewis Warrington at 6.

P.S. i havent given up on Dele at all - but i think hes going to drive our fan base wild with frustration.

If he is going with 3 at the back he'd have 3 players in front of JJK for RWB - Patterson , Iwobi and Coleman in that order.

Senseless to retain JJK.
I completely agree. I don't get what JJK offers other than a body to fill space. He's not Premierleague quality, he's not a good defender and he offers nothing in attack. I don't see what he brings that an under23's player wouldn't.

They are hoof merchants. Would you not prefer a team that plays out from the back?

He'll play every game for a team coming down from the premier league.

Once that ends he'l surely know how to defend to a high level. Hes already good at the other things.

Either Burnley or Norwich was also on my mind as theyre a passing side...and hed be exposed alot.

He’s 25 in October, does he really improve our wide positions that much? People kicking off us potentially spending 17mil on a relegation winger who has 9 goals in 26 games at Burnley. This guy has 7 goals in 60 games for spurs. Leave well alone

7 in 60 games. I’d argue he hasn’t a clue where the goal is

In a team that finished 4th that scored 26 more goals than we did.

He also only scored 4 goals, not 9.

Niasse scored 9 in 1477 minutes in his time for us. Should we get him back?

Hope that helps.

Bergwijn is absolutely rapid and I dont think the basic numbers tell the whole story. Coming on with a few mins left isnt the same as having a run of games for consistency.

He'd probably score 8-12 goals if he started every league game.

If Tarowoski signs i want to more creativity being priortised next, yeah we could do with a 6, but for me next priority is threat and creativity, i want more creativity through the central channel and at inside forward/flank - presuming Richarlison is going.

For me It's a defensive Midfielder who is actually mobile and provide coverage for the back line. Being able to pass the ball 5 yards forward would be preferred as well. Our midfield is somehow more problematic than our defense it should be the next aspect addressed in my opinion. Then they can build from that

Agreed mate, but id be surprised if we got all we need. We could do with a 6 mate, i wont lie i like both Allan and Doucoure, so id priortise a creative player through the middle and out on the Flank, presuming we loose Richarlison, we need threat and creativity our forwards living off bare bones and anything they cn create themselves and we fell over the line, in terms of threat and creativity we've taken Digne, Bernard, Jamo and Gylfi out of the team in 12 months and more then likely Richarilison - that a hell of a lot of threat to come out of a team.

P.S. i havent given up on Dele at all - but i think hes going to drive our fan base wild with frustration.

We dont have a single DM in the squad.

For that reason we need at least one.

I completely agree. I don't get what JJK offers other than a body to fill space. He's not Premierleague quality, he's not a good defender and he offers nothing in attack. I don't see what he brings that an under23's player wouldn't.
Wholeheartedly agree it just reeks of the sentimentality that has been detrimental for Everton over the years

He'll play every game for a team coming down from the premier league.

Once that ends he'l surely know how to defend to a high level. Hes already good at the other things.

Either Burnley or Norwich was also on my mind as theyre a passing side...and hed be exposed alot.

Hope that helps.

Bergwijn is absolutely rapid and I dont think the basic numbers tell the whole story. Coming on with a few mins left isnt the same as having a run of games for consistency.

He'd probably score 8-12 goals if he started every league game.
Still struggling to see where he scored 9 in 987 mins last season

I've seen a few people mention Warrington but very few people seem to be mentioning Price, who I would have thought would be more in Lampard's thoughts having managed to get on the pitch a couple of times since he came in.

Whatever happened to the Dutch winger that we were always linked to under Brands?

Correction: he wasn't Dutch just played in the league, Neres. Apparently hes in the Ukrainian league now lol

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back