Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt Bergjwin unsettled not long ago? Cant see him wanting to come here. He will be desperate to join Ajax
That’s that rumour. His goal per game record is a lot worse than Gray’s and he’s in a better team
Be a huge waste of money, looks like the spurs media are trying to drum up interest. Probably a championship club wants Rodon and then throw a prem club into the mix

Never heard that rumour about Rodon and his habits before. I think there is a good player in there. No idea while Bergwijn doesn't get more game time. Again, a good player and can only assume there are unknown reasons the manager doesn't like him.

What’s Bergwijn’s end product like? Always looks a decent hardworking player to me bit must be difficult to get in ahead of Son Kulisevski and Moura. Still young though.

If that's the case, I can't see either mina or Keane leaving, as we need 5 CBs in the squad.
I still think one of Keane or Mina goes. Let's assume Tarkowski comes in. We already have Godfrey and Holgate who - and I can't believe I'm typing this but proved himself to be our most reliable CB in towards the end of last season so I can't see Frank letting him go. There's only room for one more senior CB but i can't tell you who that will be. Mina is the better defender but his body is made out of rice cakes. I imagine if someone makes an acceptable offer on either we'll sell.

I still think one of Keane or Mina goes. Let's assume Tarkowski comes in. We already have Godfrey and Holgate who - and I can't believe I'm typing this but proved himself to be our most reliable CB in towards the end of last season so I can't see Frank letting him go. There's only room for one more senior CB but i can't tell you who that will be. Mina is the better defender but his body is made out of rice cakes. I imagine if someone makes an acceptable offer on either we'll sell.
I would hope we sell one of them if a decent offer is made. But we need 5 CBs in the squad. Usually, one is a younger player which is branthwaite. If we are sending him out on loan as per the link, and let mina or Keane go, we have 4. So we then bring another young one in as well? Seems a bit pointless to have then let branthwaite go.

I would hope we sell one of them if a decent offer is made. But we need 5 CBs in the squad. Usually, one is a younger player which is branthwaite. If we are sending him out on loan as per the link, and let mina or Keane go, we have 4. So we then bring another young one in as well? Seems a bit pointless to have then let branthwaite go.
If he persists with 3 at the back he tends to play Coleman on the right of that 3 so maybe he's thinking Seamus will be one of those 5? It might explain why they'd offer JJK a new contract as he'd essentially be 2nd choice RB?
All assumption and guess work of course.

There's also a much bigger risk getting players from abroad... Steve Walsh rated Ghezzal as highly as Mahrez, Leicester wanted Veretout (a good player who failed) above Kante...

Everyone thought Soumare was a great deal last summer as well but they are bombing him out after a year...

Think we should make a really solid base of a football team that is comfortable in midtable with the majority of players signed from other domestic clubs before we start spending big sums on players from abroad again... But I guess it's a case by case basis
Yeah but sometimes some players "work" at some clubs instead of others. Look at Pienaar, was great for us, pretty crap at Spurs, then really good again for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back